Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst customer service
I have a good one.  Just Sunday, I cut the cord with Sprint, and went rouge.

I spent close to two hours on the phone, with several people that English was certainly not their native language, in order to not only leave the company, but port my number to another carrier.

Let me tell you, folks.  If you've never spent an hour negotiating with an Indian, speaking broken English, and having to talk over him to get your say on recording, you haven't lived. Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 02:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If it's a fast food place I don't even bother arguing or complaining or even pointing out when they get things wrong.  I knew what I was getting into when I chose to go somewhere I can stuff myself on $4.  With that being said, I do get a kick out of people complaining and looking so genuinely surprised that a 16 year old kid messed something up.

If it is just me then this is the same way I look at it.  But when I am ordering for my kids and they are very specific about what they want I take it back and make sure it is prepared correctly.  My girls are not really picky eaters, but there is some stuff they don't like and they shouldn't have to put up with mistakes.

On a serious note I had a real problem with BB&T (Branch Banking and Trust) Mortgage department.  My mortgage payment was automatically taken from my checking account every month.  Out of the blue I get a notice that I had not made a full payment and there were late fees involved.  I contacted my bank and they told me they had sent the full payment.  I called BB&T and they told me they would "look into it".  Since I figured it was just a minor mistake I didn't follow up on it until next month when I again was told I was behind in my payment.  I called BB&T again, but this time I spoke with a supervisor.  Again I told them the full amount had been paid on time, and again I was told they would "look into it".  When I still didn't hear back from them I filed a complaint with the Federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Finally I heard back from BB&T.  They claimed that a part of my mortgage payment had been applied to another account belonging to another person with my name.  I never believed that story for a moment.  It just didn't make any sense.  I think one of their employees stole some of my money, but they didn't want to admit it.  But the whole thing took almost 3 months to straighten out.  At one point I even made an additional payment to keep a late payment from showing up on my credit report.  In the end it didn't cost me any additional money or late fees, but it was shocking how hard is was to get them to address the problem.  
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is justr me then this is the same way I look at it.  But when I am ordering for my kids and they are very specific about what they want I take it back and make sure it is prepared correctly.  My girls are not really picky eaters, but there is some stuff they don't like and they shouldn't have to put up with mistakes.

On a serious note I had a real problem with BB&T (Branch Banking and Trust) Mortgage department.  My mortgage payment was automatically taken from my checking account every month.  Out of the blue I get a notice that I had not made a full payment and there were late fees involved.  I contacted my bank and they told me they had sent the full payment.  I called BB&T and they told me they would "look into it".  Since I figured it was just a minor mistake I didn't follow up on it until next month when I agains was told I was behind in my payment.  I called BB&T again, but this time I spoke with a supervisor.  Again i told them the full amount had been paid on time, and again I was told they would "look into it".  When I still didn't hear back from them I filed a complaint with the Federal Consumer Financial protection Bureau.

Finally I heard back from BB&T.  They claimed that a part of my mortgage payment had been applied to another account belonging to another person with my name.  I never believed that story for a moment.  It just didn't make any sense.  I think one of their employees stole some of my money, but they didn't want to admit it.  But the wholoe thing took almost 3 months to straighten out.  at one point I even made an additional payment to keep a late payment from showing up on my credit report.  In the end it didn't cost ma any additional money or late fees, but it was shocking how hard is was to get them to address the problem.  

That's because if the person answering the phone doesn't do anything, you typically aren't their problem in the future. You call, you get someone else.

I had a similar problem with ATT. They said I owed a partial bill. I spent 4-6 months calling and getting people who always told me it was taken care of. I would give them the check numbers and dates and we would get it sorted out. Then I would get another late notice bill.

Finally after about 6 months they turned me over to a collections agency. I didn't pay it at first, but eventually I gave up. It wasn't worth wrecking my credit over $46.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is just me then this is the same way I look at it.  But when I am ordering for my kids and they are very specific about what they want I take it back and make sure it is prepared correctly.  My girls are not really picky eaters, but there is some stuff they don't like and they shouldn't have to put up with mistakes.

On a serious note I had a real problem with BB&T (Branch Banking and Trust) Mortgage department.  My mortgage payment was automatically taken from my checking account every month.  Out of the blue I get a notice that I had not made a full payment and there were late fees involved.  I contacted my bank and they told me they had sent the full payment.  I called BB&T and they told me they would "look into it".  Since I figured it was just a minor mistake I didn't follow up on it until next month when I again was told I was behind in my payment.  I called BB&T again, but this time I spoke with a supervisor.  Again I told them the full amount had been paid on time, and again I was told they would "look into it".  When I still didn't hear back from them I filed a complaint with the Federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Finally I heard back from BB&T.  They claimed that a part of my mortgage payment had been applied to another account belonging to another person with my name.  I never believed that story for a moment.  It just didn't make any sense.  I think one of their employees stole some of my money, but they didn't want to admit it.  But the whole thing took almost 3 months to straighten out.  At one point I even made an additional payment to keep a late payment from showing up on my credit report.  In the end it didn't cost me any additional money or late fees, but it was shocking how hard is was to get them to address the problem.  
Fast food I go by weight.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Taco bell is notorious for getting orders wrong. it is to the point that they best thing to do is just go to the drive thru and tell them to give you $20 worth of food.

Odd.  Back before I was dieting I would have TB 2-3 times a month.  And over years of eating there I think they got my order wrong no more than once.  McDonalds used to screw up 50% of the time, but that's mostly because of communication problems.........
Reply/Quote
My wife had like a 250$ medical bill.  We got a notice from their billing.  We paid it.  The payment got sent back, by their collections department saying we overpaid and they credited us. 

We got sent another bill.  We called.  Explained that we paid, and that their collection department sent it back.  They apologized, we offered to send the payment again.  All agreed, and they said they'd fix it with collections.  It gets sent back to us again.

This happens 4 times until I'm fuming angry and hysterically amused at the same time.  We force supervisors from both department to get on the phone at the same time, explain the ridiculousness of this and ask them to sort it out.  Do we owe them or do we not?  We don't care which, just friggin tell us.  Turns out we owed them to 250$, and they finally accepted the payment.

It's amazing how many people like to be paid NOT to do their jobs correctly.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 03:30 PM)Stewy Wrote: Odd.  Back before I was dieting I would have TB 2-3 times a month.  And over years of eating there I think they got my order wrong no more than once.  McDonalds used to screw up 50% of the time, but that's mostly because of communication problems.........

The fast food place I have had the highest rate of ordering **** ups is Cook Out. 100% failure rate on getting my orders correct. I don't do fast food much at all, maybe once every three months if that. But the time I have ended up there have all been horrible.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is just me then this is the same way I look at it.  But when I am ordering for my kids and they are very specific about what they want I take it back and make sure it is prepared correctly.  My girls are not really picky eaters, but there is some stuff they don't like and they shouldn't have to put up with mistakes.

I hear ya, I'm just burned out and don't go to a fast food place unless I can tolerate it.  I noticed that the people that work there can tend to "not get it" in the sense that they get things wrong and assume it's my fault.  I don't argue, I just say "whoops" and try again.  Example:  I walk to and from work and there is a ghetto-arse Wendy's betwixt.  I pop in, order some stuff to go and lo and behold I'm given a tray.  I don't really think such things are a big deal and I say something to the tune of "Oh, I'm sorry I wanted that to go." 

Apparently the fact that I was polite enough not to get upset and start placing blame led the cashier to think I must have actually been in the wrong because she said "Then you should have told me you wanted it to go."  Of course, the long answer to this is "I'm pretty sure it's more likely you screwed up one of the hundreds of orders you get per day than it is that I forgot that I wanted to get this stuff and leave this crowded, loud, filthy place" but what's the point in discussing anything?

This sort of mindset isn't just for teenagers.  I worked in a factory one summer between years of grad school and I was transferred to a different department and immediately the woman working there couldn't believe she had to tell me how to do the job because "I was in college."  Again, I didn't point out that I didn't go to college to run this particular extrusion press in this particular PA factory...I just apologized for being a moron and politely asked for help.
Reply/Quote
We just went through problems with CenturyLink. Our bill went up, so we called to fix it and lower the price back down. The rep told us we could save money if we bundled our Internet and DirecTV together, we already do that. The guy said our account showed nothing of them being bundled together. He told us that if we did that we would pay $65/month for a year and get all the premium channels. We were kind of shocked, but said okay then. The next day we get an email from Direct saying they were coming out to install the equipment as a new customer. We called to get cancelled and tried to fix everything, but they told us that we needed to talk to CL. So we called them and explained the whole ordeal and they replied that they had no record of our account. We got a normal bill in the mail and figured everything was back to normal. Then the next month rolls around we get a bill from Direct, which we don't get, and we were basically charged for an account that didn't exist. We tried them again and were told only CL could fix it. We called CL and once again they had no idea what we were talking about. Finally got a supervisor on the phone and suddenly all the info was in front of him.

He got the 2nd account shut down and credited our correct account.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote