Dre Kirkpatrick
Andrew Billings
Shawn Williams
William Jackson
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst defensive player so far in 2019
Who do you think is just not playing up to par in 2019?

1. Preston Brown
2. Dre Kirkpatrick
3. Andrew Billings
4. Shawn Williams
5. William Jackson
6. Carl Lawson
Reply/Quote
Biggest disappointment for me is Lawson. I know he gets a bunch of pressures but you can still complete passes with pressure, sacks are game changing plays. We’re almost half way through the season and Lawson has zero sacks. Billings is a close 2nd. Feel like Billings is all hype from the fans. Guy was supposed to this great run stuffer and has been non existent so far this season.
Reply/Quote
Billings and Jackson have to rank pretty high as does Shawn Williams. Preston Brown does not belong on the list because when he has been in he's been good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:11 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Biggest disappointment for me is Lawson.  I know he gets a bunch of pressures but you can still complete passes with pressure, sacks are game changing plays. We’re almost half way through the season and Lawson has zero sacks. Billings is a close 2nd.  Feel like Billings is all hype from the fans. Guy was supposed to this great run stuffer and has been non existent so far this season.

To be fair, Lawson has one sack and another erased by the new RTP rule. 

It's odd. Before the Steelers game, Cincinnati was FIRST in pressure generated but were around 18th-19th in sacks. Something is missing and I'm not sure what. I think it's the coverage schemes, the quick passes seem to beat the shit out of them (which is due to very poor LB coverage). I also think this is a big reason as to why the Bengals are so damn awful on third down. 
Reply/Quote
It's 2018... And they all suck.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: To be fair, Lawson has one sack and another erased by the new RTP rule. 

It's odd. Before the Steelers game, Cincinnati was FIRST in pressure generated but were around 18th-19th in sacks. Something is missing and I'm not sure what. I think it's the coverage schemes, the quick passes seem to beat the shit out of them (which is due to very poor LB coverage). I also think this is a big reason as to why the Bengals are so damn awful on third down. 
You got it! Our line is getting in the backfield but a safety outlet for the qb is ALWAYS open. Austin's schemes are terrible. I did notice our corners were playing tighter yesterday (finally!) and Wrs didn't do alot of damage. The middle of the field, is and always has been, easy pickin.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk
:andy:
Reply/Quote
For me it's Billings. When he isn't getting blown off the ball (unacceptable for a man of his size and build) he is letting himself get reached, and whenever he does get free his pursuit/play making ability appears to be zero.
Reply/Quote
Nate Billings hands down. This dude has been a complete non-factor. At least the other guys on the list are making plays here and there.
Reply/Quote
Did I get drunk and pass out for a whole year? When I had that last drink it was 2018. It's 2019 now? I gotta lay off the Makers. As to the OP I have to vote for Williams.
Reply/Quote
So why is burfict not on the list? Suspended again- when he shows up he's huffing and puffing on the sidelines - they were not any worse without him.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:25 PM)BengalD Wrote: So why is burfict not on the list? Suspended again- when he shows up he's huffing and puffing on the sidelines - they were not any worse without him.

Yes they are. Our other LBs are between mediocre to bad (Brown is not healthy imo). Burfict hasn’t looked like a Pro Bowler by any means, but he’s been fine. He’s whiffed on a few tackles, but he hasn’t been a non-factor or even a liability like some of these other guys.

Reply/Quote
Billings hands down, he is not even half as good as Peko was for us.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Our worst player is actually Nickerson guy has zero athletic ability and struggles in coverage. If I have to choose a player on the list it has to be Brown though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I voted Lawson, simply based on the hype. He's not living up to it at all.

Can't disagree with those voting for invisiBillings (pretty fitting nickname), either. Is it too late to bring back Chris Baker?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 01:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I voted Lawson, simply based on the hype. He's not living up to it at all.

Can't disagree with those voting for invisiBillings (pretty fitting nickname), either. Is it too late to bring back Chris Baker?

Lol, good nickname, we need one for all these guys.... here is what i've got..

-Dre Kirkdroppedpick
-William Jackson the Turd
-The sack artist formerly known as Geno Atkins
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 01:23 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol, good nickname, we need one for all these guys.... here is what i've got..

-Dre Kirkdroppedpick
-William Jackson the Turd
-The sack artist formerly known as Geno Atkins

Preston "they only signed me cuz my last name is" Brown
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 01:02 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Are worst player is actually Nickerson guy has zero athletic ability and struggles in coverage. If I have to choose a player on the list it has to be Brown though.

Actually, you’re probably right here. Let’s call it a tie between Billings and Nickerson.

How bad is Malik Jefferson that we play Nickerson over him?

Reply/Quote
Teryl Austin and he doesn't even play.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Billings, and it ain't even close.  He's turrible.  Preston has been playing hurt, and playing pretty well.  I'm not sure why he's on this list. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Actually, you’re probably right here. Let’s call it a tie between Billings and Nickerson.

How bad is Malik Jefferson that we play Nickerson over him?

Yeah.....totally agree, but Nickerson wasn't even supposed to be playing....he was on the practice squad.  Billings is supposed to be a bona fide starter.  He sucks.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote