Boomer - 97 yards, 4 picks, 25.4 rating
Kenny - 39 yards, 2 picks, 2.8 rating
Kenny - 4 completions, 4 picks, 3.9 rating
Blake - 95 yards, 1 pick, 31.4 rating
Palmer - 0 yards on 11 attempts, 1.7 rating
Palmer - 116 yards, 3 picks, 17.3 rating
Dalton - "Mr 2.0"
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst passing days in Bengals history
Scott Mitchell, 15-0 loss to Pitt on 10/15/2000

4/16, 39 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 0.0 rating. We got one!

Brandon Allen, 39-3 loss to Bmore on 01/03/2021

6/21, 48 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 0.0 rating. We got another!

Gus Frerotte, 30-3 loss to Atlanta on 09/22/2002

0/7, 0 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 0.0 rating. And another one!

Ryan Finley, 20-9 loss to WTF on 11/22/2020

3/10, 30 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 0.0 rating. AND ANOTHER!!!

Those are just guys in my lifetime, with 0.0 ratings as Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Well at least when Kenny had bad days the Bengals still won.

True, but I'm not sure he contributed when he threw as many picks as completions. LOL

One of the only guys in our history to do that. Just goes to show you can't just a career off of one game, eh? Cool

Tbh I think it's not getting the love (hate?) it deserves because it's Kenny...and we love Kenny.

But 4 INTs to 4 completions with a 3.9 rating is horrific.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Scott Mitchell, 15-0 loss to Pitt on 10/15/2000

4/16, 39 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 0.0 rating. We got one!

Brandon Allen, 39-3 loss to Bmore on 01/03/2021

6/21, 48 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 0.0 rating. We got another!

Gus Frerotte, 30-3 loss to Atlanta on 09/22/2002

0/7, 0 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 0.0 rating. And another one!

Ryan Finley, 20-9 loss to WTF on 11/22/2020

3/10, 30 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 0.0 rating. AND ANOTHER!!!

Those are just guys in my lifetime, with 0.0 ratings as Bengals.

Remove my 3 votes for Boomer, Palmer, Dalton and apply them here please.  With Mitchell being the hands down worst of those listed above.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:28 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Remove my 3 votes for Boomer, Palmer, Dalton and apply them here please.  With Mitchell being the hands down worst of those listed above.

Tbh, Brandon Allen's is just as bad on more attempts.

But let's just pretend the thread is called "worst passing day by a good Bengals QB", and Truck's list will serve as the worst days by bad QBs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True, but I'm not sure he contributed when he threw as many picks as completions. LOL

Tbh I think it's not getting the love (hate?) it deserves because it's Kenny...and we love Kenny.

One of the only guys in our history to do that. Just goes to show you can't just a career off of one game, eh? Cool

True that 

yet it should be noted that it was almost twice as hard to pass back in the day when they allowed QB bounties and WR's did not have all the rules protecting them. Not even sure how Kenny survived back then, remember the steelers cheap shotting him up as he was walking back to huddle and grabbed Kenny by the crotch while picking him up and flipping him upside down trying to drive his head into the ground but only separating his shoulder. 15 yard penalty and the Bengals season was over as he stood over Kenny laughing with his toothless grin. 

It was a different during his era in passing game for sure.

But yes, we all love him and he took us to SB

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I voted for...

Dalton - It's been beaten to death. He had an awful day. 86 yards on 33 attempts is amazing.

Kenny- His INT total matched his completions (4) and was higher than his passer rating (3.9). We only won because Stabler was almost as bad.

Boomer- Another 4 pick game. 11/21 for 97 yards.

Picks are the worst play you can make as a QB, so to throw 4 with terrible efficiency makes it an easy choice for me.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Candidates

Burrow: 19-30-207-2-3 (66.2 rating) 17-20 loss to Bears

Boomer: 4-12-22-0-2 (2.8 rating) 0-31 loss to Pats
Boomer: 11-33-109-0-2 (18.4 rating) 14-17 loss to Jets
Boomer: 11-21-97-0-4 (25.4 rating) 7-42 loss to Vikings

Kenny: 5-15-39-0-2 (2.8 rating) 27-21 win vs Seahawks
Kenny: 4-19-75-0-4 (3.9 rating) 14-10 win vs Raiders

Blake: 8-22-95-0-1 (31.4 rating)

Palmer: 1-11-0-0-1 (1.7 rating) 0-37 loss to Jets
Palmer: 8-21-116-0-3 (17.3 rating) 0-28 loss to Chiefs

Dalton: 10-33-86-0-3 (2.0 rating) 3-24 loss to Browns

-------

Once again, I know who the favorite will be, so to make it interesting, pick 3.

1 Dalton
2 Dalton
3 Dalton
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:00 PM)Stewy Wrote: I remember that night.  So many throws were high for some reason, but I also saw AJ Green drop at least 5 balls right in his hands.

FYI - Both of Palmers were worse than this....sad that the blatant AD hate is still so pathetically raw for some.

No, Andy’s was worse than Palmers better one listed. His worse one (1 for 11) was a game where we had everything locked up and knew we were playing the jets again the next week so went at it like a preseason game. Purposely not showing anything to the Jets they could use for prep the next week. Didn’t work, but that game is very different than Andy’s listed.

I’ve spent as much time on this board defending Andy as anyone but even I can laugh at that video and admit Andy had some real bad games from time to time. He’s better than he gets credit for but that game was so bad it’s funny. Definitely some WR drops but it doesn’t change how terrible that was.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, Brandon Allen's is just as bad on more attempts.

But let's just pretend the thread is called "worst passing day by a good Bengals QB", and Truck's list will serve as the worst days by bad QBs.

I wouldn't outright say Allen is a, "bad," QB.

If he was our starter this year, I think we'd have 4-5 wins, whereas if we had Finley, I don't think we win 2 games this year lol.

He's a backup for a reason, but he's a mid-level backup and not even close to how bad Mitchell, Frerotte, Finley and even Akili were, here.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:41 PM)Tony Wrote: 1 Dalton
2 Dalton
3 Dalton

This is what a Dalton hater looks like…

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No, Andy’s was worse than Palmers better one listed. His worse one (1 for 11) was a game where we had everything locked up and knew we were playing the jets again the next week so went at it like a preseason game. Purposely not showing anything to the Jets they could use for prep the next week. Didn’t work, but that game is very different than Andy’s listed.

I’ve spent as much time on this board defending Andy as anyone but even I can laugh at that video and admit Andy had some real bad games from time to time. He’s better than he gets credit for but that game was so bad it’s funny. Definitely some WR drops but it doesn’t change how terrible that was.

Rep

I also defended Dalton a lot over the years (mostly to outsiders), and I never “hated” the guy at all despite being labeled as such here. I was just beyond ready to move on by the last couple seasons. And idc what anyone says, that video is funny.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No, Andy’s was worse than Palmers better one listed. His worse one (1 for 11) was a game where we had everything locked up and knew we were playing the jets again the next week so went at it like a preseason game. Purposely not showing anything to the Jets they could use for prep the next week. Didn’t work, but that game is very different than Andy’s listed.

Idk man. People always defended CP by pretending we took that game off. If so, why did we even play starters? Truth is, the Jets wrecked us, then we were like "screw this" and sat our starters.

I'd buy the excuse more if Palmer didn't play like trash in the playoff game the following week (58.3 rating). It was just an elite secondary.

Not to excuse Andy's game, but there were some murmurs that the Browns knew our plays that day. Either way, it was terrible. It happens. He's not alone in the single digit rating club.

(12-28-2021, 10:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wouldn't outright say Allen is a, "bad," QB.

If he was our starter this year, I think we'd have 4-5 wins, whereas if we had Finley, I don't think we win 2 games this year lol.

He's a backup for a reason, but he's a mid-level backup and not even close to how bad Mitchell, Frerotte, Finley and even Akili were, here.

Relatively bad is what I meant to say. He's not a starter. I think he's a decent backup. Middle tier, I'd say.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wouldn't outright say Allen is a, "bad," QB.

This Ryan Finley slander will not stand!

[Image: ryan_finley_teeth.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. People always defended CP by pretending we took that game off. If so, why did we even play starters? Truth is, the Jets wrecked us, then we were like "screw this" and sat our starters.

I'd buy the excuse more if Palmer didn't play like trash in the playoff game the following week (58.3 rating).

Not to excuse Andy's game, but there were some murmurs that the Browns knew our plays that day. Either way, it was terrible. It happens. He's not alone in the single digit rating club.

Relatively bad is what I meant to say. He's not a starter. I think he's a decent backup. Middle tier, I'd say.

Not a problem at all!

Don't want to derail, but I also think Allen benefits from a system that suits him to a T, as he couldn't hang in Jax and was pretty bad in a different system, in Denver.

Anyways, no more Allen talk :)
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I challenge anyone to watch this and not laugh…

https://youtu.be/QlIzqROCHVE

Damn that's rough.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. People always defended CP by pretending we took that game off. If so, why did we even play starters? Truth is, the Jets wrecked us, then we were like "screw this" and sat our starters.

I'd buy the excuse more if Palmer didn't play like trash in the playoff game the following week (58.3 rating). It was just an elite secondary.

They said before the game they were going to rest starters. Pretty sure Marvin at some point also said they played it as vanilla as possible to avoid showing anything in week 17 vs the WC game.

He didn’t play well the next week, no argument. I’m just saying that was historically bad because of circumstances. Otherwise it probably would have just been regular bad. One team on a glorified bye week knowing before hand they had nothing to play for and were going to rest starters. The other playing for their playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:10 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: They said before the game they were going to rest starters. Pretty sure Marvin at some point also said they played it as vanilla as possible to avoid showing anything in week 17 vs the WC game.

He didn’t play well the next week, no argument. I’m just saying that was historically bad because of circumstances. Otherwise it probably would have just been regular bad. One team on a glorified bye week knowing before hand they had nothing to play for and were going to rest starters. The other playing for their playoff spot.

Maybe you're right. Just always struck me as odd that we'd even play our starters if we weren't trying to win. Why risk injury just to play "vanilla offense" and not even try to win? The Jets were clearly not going to lay down.

That was either an awful day for our guys, or a horrible decision by Marv. Depending on whether you believe that we were giving half effort.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe you're right. Just always struck me as odd that we'd even play our starters if we weren't trying to win. Why risk injury just to play "vanilla offense" and not even try to win? The Jets were clearly not going to lay down.

That was either an awful day for our guys, or a horrible decision by Marv. Depending on whether you believe that we were giving half effort.

Here’s an article from before the game stating we were going to rest starters, just didn’t know how much. I don’t see much point in playing them at all like you said but that’s what happened.

I always thought it was for appearances-not that it helps much with that anyway. NFL doesn’t like teams packing it in against potential playoff teams still fighting for a playoff spot. Can’t blame them, but can’t blame teams for not wanting to do much in a meaningless game before the playoffs either. Maybe Marv thought throwing our starters out there early and waiting until the Jets had a lead before pulling them would give him and the franchise a little cover. Never know what goes on behind closed doors between the league and teams on this kind of stuff.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/29/lewis-could-adjust-plan-based-on-early-games/
Reply/Quote
I voted Dalton, Boomer, Palmer but we can all see this on the poll results already.

The games listed for Palmer aren't to appealing either.

He scored a total of zero points in two combined games, to this day I have never seen a football game won with zero points scored.

Was outscored 65-0 and had an average QB rating of 9.5 in those two games, and betting some pick 6's were sprinkled in as well.

But really its hard to just go by stats on something like this even though all #'s offered look pitiful.

Just too many variables to factor in and would rather do "best games" ever as opposed to rehashing the nightmares from Bengals past in the middle of a playoff race.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I voted Dalton, Boomer, Palmer but we can all see this on the poll results already.

The games listed for Palmer aren't to appealing either.

He scored a total of zero points in two combined games, to this day I have never seen a football game won with zero points scored.

Was outscored 65-0 and had an average QB rating of 9.5 in those two games, and betting some pick 6's were sprinkled in as well.

But really its hard to just go by stats on something like this even though all #'s offered look pitiful.

Just too many variables to factor in and would rather do "best games" ever as opposed to rehashing the nightmares from Bengals past in the middle of a playoff race.

There’s a separate thread for best games going on too. It’s just not as popular so you’ll have to look further down the page in Jungle Noise.
Reply/Quote