Boomer - 97 yards, 4 picks, 25.4 rating
Kenny - 39 yards, 2 picks, 2.8 rating
Kenny - 4 completions, 4 picks, 3.9 rating
Blake - 95 yards, 1 pick, 31.4 rating
Palmer - 0 yards on 11 attempts, 1.7 rating
Palmer - 116 yards, 3 picks, 17.3 rating
Dalton - "Mr 2.0"
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst passing days in Bengals history
(12-28-2021, 11:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: There’s a separate thread for best games going on too. It’s just not as popular so you’ll have to look further down the page in Jungle Noise.

Understand and that makes a lot of sense. Yet don't get why people on here love to wallow in misery so much. 

But wallowing is not below me, so I will live. Just seems to be oddly timed   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I challenge anyone to watch this and not laugh…

https://youtu.be/QlIzqROCHVE

Couldn't watch the entire thing, did laugh early though. Yes that is my vote. That was Bad Andy, the worst, turrriblest, bad Andy...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:23 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Understand and that makes a lot of sense. Yet don't get why people on here love to wallow in misery so much. 

There was no timing to it, really.

I'd just been considering making best and worst passing days polls for awhile now.

It's all part of our history, and I love talking Bengals. Didn't mean for it to be taken seriously.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I challenge anyone to watch this and not laugh…

My god that reminded me of every clemson game I watched this year. Only difference is The Clemson QB overthrew everyone even the defender.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There was no timing to it, really.

I'd just been considering making best and worst passing days polls for awhile now.

It's all part of our history, and I love talking Bengals. Didn't mean for it to be taken seriously.

No big deal and enjoy it as well. Just seems the slow times on the board in off season or during bad seasons that are already over by this juncture  of the season is perfect time for these threads. 

Plus being a season ticket holder for 30 years and a fan since 68,  have way too many of these bad games etched into my brain already.

But no big deal and I really don't care. Was working another 13 hour day and it was crazy for the first 12 but found some time to get on here before clocking out. Was already wound up and guess I was expecting way different talk with the ramifications the next two games the Bengals face will have on their playoffs chances. Maybe just excited to take my brain in a more positive direction after dealing with all this nonsense at work.  Will not get an off day until next Tuesday so expect some more curt answers, if not long winded answers lol.  

Anyway as Mick once said "you can't always get what you want".

Plus without all the details on the games or rewatching them its impossible to really give the best answer on stats alone. Were the INT's the QB's fault, the WR's fault, was it 3rd and long and you just throw it up there knowing if the WR gets it your golden , but if not its as good as a punt, tipped passes, passes under extreme pressure, wind, rain, snow, how good the defense and CB's were, and so on. Now I was at every single home game you listed and can not recall exactly what the heck happened in most of these games as far as grading who was the worst, they were all horrible. 
Obviously by the stats alone Carson was probably hurt in the one game listed per the amount of passes thrown and not sure that one should even be listed if he was injured and removed. But have not the time to research and just speculating on Carson here. 

Plus you said that Stabler had a worse game than Kenny that day. So one QB we all agree should be in HOF had his worse game ever at the exact same time and on the same field as a inducted Hall of Fame QB did ? Seems to bring into question the weather or something, but who knows maybe they both did just suck this particular day or Biletnikoff just forgot his gallon of stick-um that day. 

Just hope Burrow the record setter does not take this as a personal challenge to top lol. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:23 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Understand and that makes a lot of sense. Yet don't get why people on here love to wallow in misery so much. 

I see it as, we have the holy grail at QB now, and never have to worry about living with a government assistance QB like Andy for hopefully a long time... The good times are here my guy... 
Reply/Quote
Oh jeez. I hope Sunday isn't added to this list.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 09:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: No big deal and enjoy it as well. Just seems the slow times on the board in off season or during bad seasons that are already over by this juncture  of the season is perfect time for these threads. 

Plus being a season ticket holder for 30 years and a fan since 68,  have way too many of these bad games etched into my brain already.

But no big deal and I really don't care. Was working another 13 hour day and it was crazy for the first 12 but found some time to get on here before clocking out. Was already wound up and guess I was expecting way different talk with the ramifications the next two games the Bengals face will have on their playoffs chances. Maybe just excited to take my brain in a more positive direction after dealing with all this nonsense at work.  Will not get an off day until next Tuesday so expect some more curt answers, if not long winded answers lol.  

Anyway as Mick once said "you can't always get what you want".

Plus without all the details on the games or rewatching them its impossible to really give the best answer on stats alone. Were the INT's the QB's fault, the WR's fault, was it 3rd and long and you just throw it up there knowing if the WR gets it your golden , but if not its as good as a punt, tipped passes, passes under extreme pressure, wind, rain, snow, how good the defense and CB's were, and so on. Now I was at every single home game you listed and can not recall exactly what the heck happened in most of these games as far as grading who was the worst, they were all horrible. 
Obviously by the stats alone Carson was probably hurt in the one game listed per the amount of passes thrown and not sure that one should even be listed if he was injured and removed. But have not the time to research and just speculating on Carson here. 

Plus you said that Stabler had a worse game than Kenny that day. So one QB we all agree should be in HOF had his worse game ever at the exact same time and on the same field as a inducted Hall of Fame QB did ? Seems to bring into question the weather or something, but who knows maybe they both did just suck this particular day or Biletnikoff just forgot his gallon of stick-um that day. 

Just hope Burrow the record setter does not take this as a personal challenge to top lol. 

I'm mostly just wanting to look at who had the most impressive and worst days regardless of circumstance. Once you go down that rabbit hole, there's just way to many subjective things that would make it nigh impossible to choose. Not to mention it'd probably take me weeks to do the research on all the factors surrounding each game and post them all here.

Agree that these threads would've been better for the offseason, but with Burrow just throwing for 525, I thought it might be a good time to talk about other great passing games (and bad ones as well).

Btw, you've been a fan since 68, yet you're still putting in 13 hour days? Props to you bud.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm mostly just wanting to look at who had the most impressive and worst days regardless of circumstance. Once you go down that rabbit hole, there's just way to many subjective things that would make it nigh impossible to choose. Not to mention it'd probably take me weeks to do the research on all the factors surrounding each game and post them all here.

Agree that these threads would've been better for the offseason, but with Burrow just throwing for 525, I thought it might be a good time to talk about other great passing games (and bad ones as well).

Btw, you've been a fan since 68, yet you're still putting in 13 hour days? Props to you bud.

With no off days this week too, bums don't want to go back to work these days it seems or maybe they're  just scared of the hospitals.  Either way there
         Ain't no rest for the wicked. 

To be fair I was only 5 years old in 1968, am 58 almost 59 presently. Yet really miss watching those games with my Dad and Uncles back then a lot even if the Bengals were bad. Remember asking my Dad why we pulled for the Bengals instead of the Browns like many of my Uncles did. He said son, I just feel its best to root for the team from where you live (Franklin resident at time) then another city, plus Cleveland sucks son. 

Never looked back as a fan and won't, but endured a lot of embarrassment throughout the years as well lol.

Just hoping they stay on the tracks this season, because feel they're definitely on the right track for the upcoming seasons but this season is still teetering in the balance on last two games. 

Either way this has been a fun season and the future looks bright to me.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Ha! My boy Klingler wasn't so sucky to appear on this list! He never went below a 30.0 rating. So there!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I challenge anyone to watch this and not laugh…

I have to admit...I chuckled and then was laughing by the end.  I remember that night like it was yesterday, as I was at the game and bought up some extra seats for cousins in our area and had a huge pre-game tailgate.  I was so damn pissed off at that game.

Now, I laugh at it.  I guess I am growing?
Reply/Quote
10/22/2000 2 of 14 for 14 yards.

But Corey Dillon…
Reply/Quote
You all know I defend Andy around here a lot.  But I have also been "fair and balanced" enough to share this stat I looked up.

From '12 through '16 only 3 QBs (Wilson, Brees, Rodgers) had more games with a 120+ passer rating than Andy Dalton

From '12 through '16 only 1 QB (Fitzpatrick) had more games with a passer rating under 70 than Andy Dalton.

A lot of people don't give him enough credit for how good he was when he was on, but when he wasn't on he was really bad.  He was maddeningly inconsistent.
Reply/Quote