Poll: Would we have won today if Dalton was playing?
Hell Yes
Hell No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would We Have Won With Andy Today?
I have done my fair share of Dalton bashing.

And Marvin has assembled a roster that deserves none of the "they are so talented" comments.

Driskel was claimed off waivers after being a late round QB draft pick who was cut. He was drafted by Chip Kelly who shit down his leg when it came to the NFL draft. He was 15-31 for 132 yards and 2 picks in his rookie preseason action before our brilliant front office thought they saw an answer and eagerly scooped him up. Admittingly i fell for some of the bullshit hype. I remember seeing a post on this board about why the guy who couldnt make it at Florida as a college QB was a good option.

His competition this year was a weird midget conehead 7th rd pick and Matt Barkley. Barkley was on track to beat out Driskel. Meanwhile the wasted 7th round pick was drafted by the startup D league a couple weeks ago.

Having said that. Would Dalton have won today?
Reply/Quote
No. Plain and simple. No.
Reply/Quote
I think we would have. Coaching staff maybe wouldnt have called so many 2 yard out routes and screens 5 yards behind the line. He probably hasn't lost many home games against an opposing QB who had less than 150 passing yards.
Reply/Quote
Brady, Brees or Mahomes or whomever wouldn't make this team win. One player cannot make or break this team.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:24 PM)Destro Wrote: Brady, Brees or Mahomes or whomever wouldn't make this team win. One player cannot make or break this team.

Yes they would. Its a QB driven league
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I have done my fair share of Dalton bashing.

And Marvin has assembled a roster that deserves none of the "they are so talented" comments.

Driskel was claimed off waivers after being a late round QB draft pick who was cut. He was drafted by Chip Kelly who shit down his leg when it came to the NFL draft. He was 15-31 for 132 yards and 2 picks in his rookie preseason action before our brilliant front office thought they saw an answer and eagerly scooped him up. Admittingly i fell for some of the bullshit hype. I remember seeing a post on this board about why the guy who couldnt make it at Florida as a college QB was a good option.

His competition this year was a weird midget conehead 7th rd pick and Matt Barkley. Barkley was on track to beat out Driskel. Meanwhile the wasted 7th round pick was drafted by the startup D league a couple weeks ago.

Having said that. Would Dalton have won today?

No. Everyone likes to play the 'what if' game. What they always seem to forget is all the losing while that person was in before. 

They would have found some way to lose. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think we would have. Coaching staff maybe wouldnt have called so many 2 yard out routes and screens 5 yards behind the line. He probably hasn't lost many home games against an opposing QB who had less than 150 passing yards.

With all due respect, you're dreaming.  He would have had no time either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:24 PM)Destro Wrote: Brady, Brees or Mahomes or whomever wouldn't make this team win. One player cannot make or break this team.

Yes, a QB of that caliber would bring more wins, by their talent alone. Driskel is not one of those guys. Neither is Dalton. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Nope; however, a good QB may have made a difference.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yes they would. Its a QB driven league

Did Dalton beat Cleveland? Did he put up points against the Saints?

What makes you think he would have scored 24+ today?

The offense has been done for weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope; however, a good QB may have made a difference.
and a good competent O-line, WRs, TEs...  and the list goes on and on.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:26 PM)McC Wrote: With all due respect, you're dreaming.  He would have had no time either.

Playing What If seems to be what this fanbase does.

What If the refs didn't screw us against the Steelers? (Reality is the Steelers outgained us almost 2:1 in yards).

What If we were healthy.

Buy more season tickets then guys. Buy more season tickets. We've had 26+ years of bad luck.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes, a QB of that caliber would bring more wins, by their talent alone. Driskel is not one of those guys. Neither is Dalton. 

Dalton would have given the Bengals a better shot at a win....but that doesn't mean the offensive line would have been any better or gave up any less penalties. Let's face it penalties by the offensive line have been a regular thing since week 1 hurting the offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope; however, a good QB may have made a difference.

I'd like to see any QB in history try to convert a 3rd and 39...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Keep telling yourself that.

Reply/Quote

I'm pretty sure a HOF QB or the hottest QB in the game right now could have beaten the Broncos at home today.  Let's not go too crazy here.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:35 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd like to see any QB in history try to convert a 3rd and 39...

Some of these are pretty good.

Reply/Quote

Mahomes likely wouldn't be playing yet and when he did, he'd probably throw more ints than tds.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Some of these are pretty good.

Lol Great video.

I was just poining out the fact the offense line penalties would have been hard for any QB to over come today. 

Reply/Quote
Yes. Andy Dalton would have led the Bengals to a victory today. He wouldn’t haven’t thrown that inexcusable pick which led to a Denver touchdown so there’s seven less points for the Broncos. That’s 17. Andy would have been able to get at least 17 points on the board.
Reply/Quote