Poll: Would You Be Done With The Bengals If Brown Rehired Marvin Lewis as HC in 2020?
Yes- Put a fork in it
No- I will always hold out for hope
Ummmmmm Ya Got Any Gum?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Lose Your Mind If Brown Fired Taylor After This Season And Rehired Marvin?
We know how much Mike loves Marvin, if this season ended up with 2 wins tops and Mike Brown fired Zac Taylor after one season and rehired Marvin, would that be the straw that broke the camels back for you as a fan?
Reply/Quote
Marvin's not the answer and I doubt he'd want to come back. I'd love to see Marvin go to a team with a quality GM and see what he could do!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Marvin's not the answer and I doubt he'd want to come back. I'd love to see Marvin go to a team with a  quality GM and see what he could do!

My god he hasn't been the answer for years, thats the point. Would you lose it if Brown did that knowing the road so well?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: We know how much Mike loves Marvin, if this season ended up with 2 wins tops and Mike Brown fired Zac Taylor after one season and rehired Marvin, would that be the straw that broke the camels back for you as a fan?

At this juncture, I don't care who's head coach so long as they aren't given some authority in free agency.  The organization's philosophy on that front has to evolve.  Otherwise this is all a pointless exercise.  

I don't want Marvin back, simply because when he WAS given talented rosters that could compete, he could not get them over the hump.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: My god he hasn't been the answer for years, thats the point. Would you lose it if Brown did that knowing the road so well?

ZT is infinitely worse than Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Gum is the new Head Coaching debate..Anyone got any gum? I might even settle for an old pencil eraser to chew on instead.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:29 PM)Big Boss Wrote: At this juncture, I don't care who's head coach so long as they aren't given some authority in free agency.  The organization's philosophy on that front has to evolve.  Otherwise this is all a pointless exercise.  

I don't want Marvin back, simply because when he WAS given talented rosters that could compete, he could not get them over the hump.

This. Marvin proved countless times that even when he had talent, he couldn’t do anything significant with it.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: ZT is infinitely worse than Marvin.

Still early, but it's getting hard to argue otherwise. Also hard to watch.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: ZT is infinitely worse than Marvin.

I wouldn’t say that... But right now, it looks like Marvin never left.
Reply/Quote
You know...I can see the benefits of digging up Paul Brown's corpse and having it propped up on the sidelines on Sundays and letting it call the plays.. It definitely couldn't do any worse..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I want to see Zach get a fair shot. To me this team has way too many wholes to.simply blame the coaching staff.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I want to see Zach get a fair shot. To me this team has way too many wholes to.simply blame the coaching staff.

Just imagine what would happen if they had holes to fill as well.. But you're right..Zach deserves every chance to get shot..  

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just imagine what would happen if they had holes to fill as well..

Thats what she said. *rimshot*
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I wouldn’t say that... But right now, it looks like Marvin never left.

Taylor is a terrible playcaller. The scheme isn't good.

With Marvin, we absolutely would have atleast 1 win now. Maybe 2.

Coaching is a big problem here. But, not the only problem. We atleast had semi-competent position coaches under Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor is a terrible playcaller. The scheme isn't good.

With Marvin, we absolutely would have atleast 1 win now. Maybe 2.

Coaching is a big problem here. But, not the only problem. We atleast had semi-competent position coaches under Marvin.

Hard to argue. The position coaches seemed like atrocious hires when they happened, now it’s more than obvious that is the case. I’m not sure how much of it is on Zac. I get the feeling Tobin/The Brown Family went the cheap/lazy route and forced these position coaches on Zac.

Granted we all knew none of them were their first, second, third or fourth choices. Maybe they were all desperation hires (the Turner hire was just plain freaking stupid), but there’s no excuse for hiring these clueless nitwits.

Zac very well may be in over his head as a head coach, but I’m not willing to throw in the towel on him yet. He’s surrounded by a horrible coaching staff, numerous injuries to his roster, subpar starters in general, a QB who is mentally broken, need I go on?

The play calling on offense has been laughable. When they were down 24, they called plays like they were up 24. Completely mind-boggling. And Zac is allegedly calling the offense? If that’s really the case then we’re in worse shape than I feared. If not, then moving on from Callahan (and Turner and Anarumo) after the season should be a no-brainer (they should all be gone during the BYE Week imo). If zac is a part of the problem, then he needs to kick rocks as well
Reply/Quote
That would be the most Bengal move ever! We kept bringing Hue back so it’s not impossible to see Brown making this move.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't lose my mind.

I'd just give up my fandom.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is the rags to riches story. The water-boy who became a HC in the NFL and won the super bowl.

Ha! Gotcha! I got you fantasizing, didn't I?  Hehe
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 03:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: ZT is infinitely worse than Marvin.

Could not disagree with you more. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I voted got any gum because it makes me think of that Joe Walsh album with that song he wrote with Ringo Starr on it.  How odd is it that Ringo and Joe Walsh couldn't buy a hit in the 80s while they worked together on 2 albums?

Side note, one of my buddies and his 6 year old son were chewing Juicy Fruit gum and he asked if I wanted any and I said no, I think it's just asking for a trip to the dentist if you chew on gum with sugar in it and he said this is sugar free and I said I don't think it is why don't you look at the back and the first thing it said in the ingredients was SUGAR.  I guess people just assume what they want to be true is true and they don't even bother to make the most cursory of glances at anything resembling information.

Back on topic, I can see ZT being better than Marvin someday, but he sure doesn't look better than him right now.  I get that, though...the guy is a QB coach we promoted way early so we could lock him down for 16 years before someone else could.
Reply/Quote