Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would anyone be upset with WR in the 1st?
It depends on who we left on the board.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 08:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, even though he would be a great athlete, I would be upset with the Bengals taking a WR in the 1st.  I'm still hoping the team goes LB or DE at 9.  I would be less upset if they went RB or even S.  For example, if Malik Hooker is sitting there at 9, you almost have to be brain dead to not take him, and trade Shawn Williams down the road.

I agree with the de part.  Lots of good wars throughout this draft.  I would be ok with Davis put prefer other options at 9.  I'd be ok with trading back a little and maybe even going for Reddick 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:33 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I agree with the de part.  Lots of good wars throughout this draft.  I would be ok with Davis put prefer other options at 9.  I'd be ok with trading back a little and maybe even going for Reddick 

Yeah Zoo, loving the Reddick pick more and more. Trading back for him would be some cool beans.
Reply/Quote
If we took Howard, would we set the record for most 1st round TEs drafted in a 10 year span?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:56 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: If we took Howard, would we set the record for most 1st round TEs drafted in a 10 year span?

What about Engram, can we just make him our #2 WR and put Boyd in the slot. I'm not sure I would like a WR at 9, depends who came off the board already. I wouldn't hate the pick as much as I would if we take another CB. For some reason I really would like for us to get Cooper in the 2nd, no doubt in the 3rd if he's still there. I think this kid is going to be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 10:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It depends on who we left on the board.

That's really gonna be what it comes down to.  Just get a great player.  We have need pretty much everywhere but QB.   You're probably gonna hit a need no matter who you take.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Cant wait till his pro day i get the feeling its going to come out he was injured. Didnt participate ijn any of the drills.would throw the remote through the tv if we draft ross. Its davis/williams then a very big drop off.
Not trying to be agressive in any way but dont we want sacks? Thomas didnt have a kot if aacks or production innhis college career. Dont understand the hype. Give me mcdowell, kpassagnon, walker, etc before thomas. I value production.
Howard isnt a great blocker though and for us to run 2 te sets u need great blocking out of one of ur tight enda. A guy like jake butt would be perfect jason witten 2.0

You want sacks yet you say you want McDowell over Thomas? McDowell only had 1.5 sacks in 2016, Thomas had 8. Yes, Kpassagnon had 11 sacks but in the FCS. Hard to say he's really that much better than Thomas given he's only 3 more but playing against much worse competition. DeMarcus Walker I get. They are similar players. Walker had 15 sacks and it was against the same quality of competition. You know I've always liked Walker. But the reason people are raving about Thomas is because he's more than just a pass rusher. He was the best in the country in run defense too. The Bengals need help in the run defense department too, and there's still a lot of value in the NFL to stop the run. If you're going to pull the sack numbers thing, might as well mention Hunter Dimick (14.5), Carl Lawson (9.0), and Charles Harris (9.0).

Also, when you mention pro day, it's well known that most players run the 40 faster at their pro day than the combine. This is because typically the university tracks are faster than the turf in Indy.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15082144/pro-days-compare-grind-nfl-combine-nfl-draft
It'd be one thing to see Mike Williams run the 40 at his pro day and get 4.55. But it's more worthwhile to see the other top draft picks at WR run on that same track. Given we can't see anyone else besides other Clemson players run the 40 at the Clemson pro day, we'll just have to compare the results that Deshaun Watson and Wayne Gallman post at the pro day with their times at the combine (4.66 and 4.60 respectively). Sure, it's possible that a player could actually improve their 40 time between the combine and his pro day, but it's not likely that it's because of improved training. It's likely due to other factors that are more favorable for the player. I trust the combine 40 numbers more than pro day 40 numbers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You want sacks yet you say you want McDowell over Thomas? McDowell only had 1.5 sacks in 2016, Thomas had 8. Yes, Kpassagnon had 11 sacks but in the FCS. Hard to say he's really that much better than Thomas given he's only 3 more but playing against much worse competition. DeMarcus Walker I get. They are similar players. Walker had 15 sacks and it was against the same quality of competition. You know I've always liked Walker. But the reason people are raving about Thomas is because he's more than just a pass rusher. He was the best in the country in run defense too. The Bengals need help in the run defense department too, and there's still a lot of value in the NFL to stop the run. If you're going to pull the sack numbers thing, might as well mention Hunter Dimick (14.5), Carl Lawson (9.0), and Charles Harris (9.0).

Also, when you mention pro day, it's well known that most players run the 40 faster at their pro day than the combine. This is because typically the university tracks are faster than the turf in Indy.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15082144/pro-days-compare-grind-nfl-combine-nfl-draft
It'd be one thing to see Mike Williams run the 40 at his pro day and get 4.55. But it's more worthwhile to see the other top draft picks at WR run on that same track. Given we can't see anyone else besides other Clemson players run the 40 at the Clemson pro day, we'll just have to compare the results that Deshaun Watson and Wayne Gallman post at the pro day with their times at the combine (4.66 and 4.60 respectively). Sure, it's possible that a player could actually improve their 40 time between the combine and his pro day, but it's not likely that it's because of improved training. It's likely due to other factors that are more favorable for the player. I trust the combine 40 numbers more than pro day 40 numbers.

im expecting williams to run a 4.48-4.52. My problem with thomas was most of his production was from the inside. As an end he had barely any production. I get his athleticsm but my point was i named who i think will be second rounders. Do we think thomas at 9 will be so much more better than those plauers i named at 41? Bc if the answer is no then go somewhere else. For example will malik hooker and jamaal adams be so much more better than a safety in the second round? Tight now the answer is yes. That was my point. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 09:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Cant wait till his pro day i get the feeling its going to come out he was injured. Didnt participate ijn any of the drills.would throw the remote through the tv if we draft ross. Its davis/williams then a very big drop off.
Not trying to be agressive in any way but dont we want sacks? Thomas didnt have a kot if aacks or production innhis college career. Dont understand the hype. Give me mcdowell, kpassagnon, walker, etc before thomas. I value production.
Howard isnt a great blocker though and for us to run 2 te sets u need great blocking out of one of ur tight enda. A guy like jake butt would be perfect jason witten 2.0

I want you to buy a new tv then.  I hear Walmart has theirs on sale.  55" for $450!!!!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'm on the OJ bandwagon

Eifert is unreliable, oft injured and sort of just a pu.ssy

You can not Franchise a guy like Eifert, given him missing 43% of his games since 2013.

This is his last year in Cincy, and they need to get a top tier TE in the fold. We have seen the offense and Dalton when they have a game-changing TE.

Or, we take Foster 1, then take a DE in rnd 2, then slide into some Butt in round3.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would be happy with a WR. Even though DE is a massive need, I think this draft class is deep enough there to get strong talent in the 2nd at that spot.

I'mm really liking the Corey Davis kid out of Western Michigan.

I think he is lightening quick, like Chad, but a very physical player and runner with the ball.

I wouldn't be upset in the least if the Bengals go with this kid. He's my favorite WR in this draft and I think the BEngals need something special to take heat off of AJ Green on the outside and keep the middle opened up for Eifert and the RBs.

Yes I would as we have pressing needs along the dline, oline, and at lb. Am I opposed to drafting a guy like Davis at 9, absolutely not as I think he would significantly improve our pass offense, however there are several mid-round prospects that I think would be very effective on offense as opposed to mid-round defensive prospects. This year we need at least 1 impact defensive player and that for me is a DE or LB in rounds 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 06:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would be happy with a WR. Even though DE is a massive need, I think this draft class is deep enough there to get strong talent in the 2nd at that spot.

I'mm really liking the Corey Davis kid out of Western Michigan.

I think he is lightening quick, like Chad, but a very physical player and runner with the ball.

I wouldn't be upset in the least if the Bengals go with this kid. He's my favorite WR in this draft and I think the BEngals need something special to take heat off of AJ Green on the outside and keep the middle opened up for Eifert and the RBs.

I'd rather see S, D line or O line help in the 1st. Carlos Henderson and Zay Jones will still be there in the 2nd.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:27 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I'd rather see S, D line or O line help in the 1st.  Carlos Henderson and Zay Jones will still be there in the 2nd.

This is where I'm at too.  I'd like to see one of the safety's or D Line be the pick at 9.  But I can definitely live with Ross. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be upset with it, but I would rather target someone like Torrey Smith or Eric Decker so that we can fill a different need in the draft. I am pretty high on boyd and core coming into their second year.
Reply/Quote
I'd have no issue if that WR is Davis or Ross.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Where does everyone think Cooper Kupp is going to fall?

4th? 1st? 3rd?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 05:26 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Where does everyone think Cooper Kupp is going to fall?

4th?  1st?  3rd?

Late 2nd-mid 4th.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 10:00 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I could see myself liking some major butt 

Do I even have to say what I thought this said at first?  
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Do I even have to say what I thought this said at first?  

Licking Butt

Liking Butt

Same same in my eyes, just like Alex Mack v Bodine 

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 03:08 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Licking Butt

Liking Butt

Same same in my eyes, just like Alex Mack v Bodine 

:andy:

Liking Licking Butt...when she lets me
Reply/Quote