Poll: Would you Trade TEE to the Titans for this ?
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & Bengals take WR Malik Nabors
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & take WR Rome Odunze
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & take TE Brock Bowers
Trade TEE & pick #18 to the Titans for pick #7 & take Joe Alt or another Top Tackle
Trade TEE & pick #18 to Titans for pick #7 & take another player at pick #7 you will name in a Post
Just Trade TEE straight up for Titans 2nd round pick #38 & 4th round pick (worth 520 + 80 points)
I would NOT trade TEE for any of these options & keep him as a Bengal for at least the 2024 season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you Trade TEE to the Titans for this ?
No, but it is also worth pointing out that you aren't getting a top 10 pick for Tee. At this point, he fetches a late first or early second at best IMO.
Reply/Quote
Im not giving away Higgins and our #18 pick. If you trade Higgins you want to have two 1st round draft picks this year, not just one. I would rather have #18 and #24 than just the #7 pick
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 04:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No, but it is also worth pointing out that you aren't getting a top 10 pick for Tee. At this point, he fetches a late first or early second at best IMO.

Titans get Higgins and pick #18 (they get 2 players)   -   for one pick #7
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 04:47 PM)depthchart Wrote: Titans get Higgins and pick #18 (they get 2 players)   -   for one pick #7

Yeah, I read that and I don't think it happens. He's already being paid over $20MM. There is no cheap first year. He's already a large cap cost and I don't think the Titans make that deal with that being the reality. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 04:47 PM)depthchart Wrote: Titans get Higgins and pick #18 (they get 2 players)   -   for one pick #7

And freeing up 21 Mil for other players
Reply/Quote
Bengals typically don't lose trades.... they either get what they want or they just let the contract run out.

I went with the 2nd and 4th pick for Tee.

Think the Bengals can nab a nice replacement WR in the 2nd round
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 05:16 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Bengals typically don't lose trades.... they either get what they want or they just let the contract run out.

I went with the 2nd and 4th pick for Tee.

Think the Bengals can nab a nice replacement WR in the 2nd round

2nd and 4th sounds good, until you realize that the 4th round of the draft is actually the 5th round of players selected, after the comp picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 05:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 2nd and 4th sounds good, until you realize that the 4th round of the draft is actually the 5th round of players selected, after the comp picks.

Fair enough...

Ultimately I just want an extra first rounder in a Tee deal. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 05:25 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Fair enough...

Ultimately I just want an extra first rounder in a Tee deal. 

You never know what can happen on draft night, especially once the first dozen picks go by.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would offer this....

Titans get: Tee & The Bengals 3rd rounder

Bengals get: Titans 1st & 4th
Reply/Quote
Id give up tee and 18 for Alt at 7…. 100% predicated on getting number 38 from them as well
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 04:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I read that and I don't think it happens. He's already being paid over $20MM. There is no cheap first year. He's already a large cap cost and I don't think the Titans make that deal with that being the reality. 

We are on the same page
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This is confusing...is Tee a WR1? If so then only should be traded straight up for a 1st round pick. If not then we should not be trying to resign as one or trade as one. I do not even like the FT being placed as this shows that he is valued as a WR1 and his agent is probably viewing that way also.

The best outcome is to tag and trade in my opinion but not under value if he is viewed as a WR1. I thought the transition tag was the best option so we could see what the market value would be.

As far as the poll I did not choose but exchanging picks and Tee would not be my preferred plan. Straight up for a 1st round pick...preferably higher than our current pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 05:44 PM)spazz70 Wrote: This is confusing...is Tee a WR1?  If so then only should be traded straight up for a 1st round pick.  If not then we should not be trying to resign as one or trade as one.  I do not even like the FT being placed as this shows that he is valued as a WR1 and his agent is probably viewing that way also.

The best outcome is to tag and trade in my opinion but not under value if he is viewed as a WR1.  I thought the transition tag was the best option so we could see what the market value would be.  

As far as the poll I did not choose but exchanging picks and Tee would not be my preferred plan.   Straight up for a 1st round pick...preferably higher than our current pick.

There is no benefit to using the transition tag for Tee.  If another team offered Tee a contract and the Bengals didnt match it, Tee walks and the Bengals get nothing.  If the Bengals did match the offer, the Bengals would be stuck with Tee on a contract some other team gave him.  The Bengals then wouldnt have the option to trade him for a couple of years because it would in all likelihood be too much of a dead cap hit.

The transition tag would have worked better in a situation like Jessie Bates last year.  See what other teams want to give him and decide if you want to match the offer.  If you dont want to match, Bates leaves like he would have done in free agency.  The big difference is nobody is trading you a 1st round pick for Bates like they would for Tee.
Reply/Quote
I think any trade needs to net us more players on rookie deals, not fewer.

Trading Tee + our first round pick to move up just means we now have a glaring hole at WR in addition to our glaring holes at RT and DT. If we use that pick on Nabers, now we can't improve either line in the first round.

No, we need more picks without expending any of our picks.

For that reason, I chose the 2nd and 4th round picks, with one caveat.

I want that trade done before free agency, if possible, or at least early on in free agency.

I would not be interested in that trade on draft night.

Because, if we go through the entire free agency period with this 21M dollar franchise tag on the books, then we trade him in May, that means we will be going into the summer off season with 21M dollars ins cap space and all the top free agents very likely already signed. We could use it for extensions or whatever, but if we are trading Tee, I would really want to use that money productively to push us over the edge to winning a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
How about we trade Tee for a 1st round pick and see if we can trade our second round pick to Atlanta for Kyle Pitts.
Reply/Quote
Have ro think med and long term more early picks to fill holes
Reply/Quote
I’d take their 2nd and Treylon Burks
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 06:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think any trade needs to net us more players on rookie deals, not fewer.

Trading Tee + our first round pick to move up just means we now have a glaring hole at WR in addition to our glaring holes at RT and DT. If we use that pick on Nabers, now we can't improve either line in the first round.

No, we need more picks without expending any of our picks.

For that reason, I chose the 2nd and 4th round picks, with one caveat.

I want that trade done before free agency, if possible, or at least early on in free agency.

I would not be interested in that trade on draft night.

Because, if we go through the entire free agency period with this 21M dollar franchise tag on the books, then we trade him in May, that means we will be going into the summer off season with 21M dollars ins cap space and all the top free agents very likely already signed. We could use it for extensions or whatever, but if we are trading Tee, I would really want to use that money productively to push us over the edge to winning a Super Bowl.

Lots of great points CJD. Honestly the reason I am for trading Tee for the 7th pick is it frees up that 21 mil and I think Rome Odunze 
will be better than Tee even as a rookie. But that is the only reason I would do it, I think Odunze is special and almost as good as MHJ.

(02-27-2024, 06:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: How about we trade Tee for a 1st round pick and see if we can trade our second round pick to Atlanta for Kyle Pitts.

I like this thought as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 07:39 PM)CottonHill Wrote: I’d take their 2nd and Treylon Burks

I'd trade him for Jeffrey Simmons straight up
Reply/Quote