Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you be an eligible immigrant under the RAISE act?
http://time.com/4887574/trump-raise-act-immigration/

I only got 28. Damn it, back to Italy or Ireland for me.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
How do I answer the job waiting, and how the hell did I get a US diploma?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-08-2017, 01:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How do I answer the job waiting, and how the hell did I get a US diploma?

I just went with my job's current salary.

And plenty of people come here to do college without requesting permanent status. Two former students of mine from abroad and finishing up their engineering degrees at UF for example.
(08-08-2017, 01:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How do I answer the job waiting, and how the hell did I get a US diploma?

You could have been here as a legal or illegal resident as child. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Welp, I'd be stuck in Scotland, Germany, England, & Romania then.

This 'merit' test is about as dumb and quite un-American it can get. Basically if it would pass which I don't see happening, the United States would no longer be the iconic country of the world to where someone can move to achieve the 'American Dream' so to speak. These 'merits' are geared only for those with money and college educated, no one else really. Well except for Olympic medalists & nobel prize winners...
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Welp I got a 33, looks like I am American baby! Seriously though....this is ridiculous.
LOL

I can tell when I'm not wanted. I knew when I wasn't investing at least $1.35 million in a commercial enterprise that I was out of luck.

But I can't wait to see the influx of 26-35 year olds with STEM masters degrees and Noble Prizes looking to invest $2 million in the US economy... that are going to be willing to work for $8 an hour in manual labor.

This can't be real....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I think the STEM degrees thing is such bullshit. Do we really not care about those with advanced degrees in economics, business, etc?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-08-2017, 05:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think the STEM degrees thing is such bullshit. Do we really not care about those with advanced degrees in economics, business, etc?

Sounds like someone is headed to Germany.

Ninja
(08-08-2017, 08:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Sounds like someone is headed to Germany.

Ninja

Yeah, 26. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
20 !

I won't be an american except if I win a Nobel Prize or an Olympic Medal !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(08-09-2017, 02:43 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: 20 !

I won't be an american except if I win a Nobel Prize or an Olympic Medal !

It works!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Me and the other over 30's are going to have to ask you guys to leave now. You are taking all of the "real" American's jobs.
(08-09-2017, 03:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Me and the other over 30's are going to have to ask you guys to leave now. You are taking all of the "real" American's jobs.

Yeah, we'll see how long that would last. LOL

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446893/most-americans-fail-basic-civics-test
Quote:Today, only a quarter of Americans can even name the three branches of government; nearly a third can’t name even a single one.
(08-09-2017, 05:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446893/most-americans-fail-basic-civics-test

"Quote:Today, only a quarter of Americans can even name the three branches of government; nearly a third can’t name even a single one".

Hello. This would be Trumps base. ThumbsUp
(08-09-2017, 05:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446893/most-americans-fail-basic-civics-test

Honestly, this does not surprise me in the least. There are a lot of things that I think are pretty common knowledge, but then we listen to a radio program and they talk about it and my wife goes "oh, I didn't know that!" I'm looking at her with this look that apparently reads as me judging her, because I then get yelled at. Then I find out it is not as common knowledge when I talk to other people.

I got 30, I failed. However, if I were younger, with the same other answers, I'd be in! Thank goodness that I'm already a productive, tax paying American.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-09-2017, 05:36 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: "Quote:Today, only a quarter of Americans can even name the three branches of government; nearly a third can’t name even a single one".

Hello. This would be Trumps base. ThumbsUp

Clearly, you missed my point. Most of America would not pass the citizenship test that is required of immigrants to become American citizens. Does that make the standard too high? Or has our education system failed most Americans?

Likewise, does this immigrant bill have standards that are too high? Or has our government failed American citizens in this situation as well?