Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you be interested in Josh Gordon?
(03-30-2017, 12:38 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Yo don't have to pay for him if he is suspended 

He also does you no good and takes up a roster spot until the suspension that could have been used on someone else who can refrain....
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:39 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Could you pass a drug test?

Any day of the week....
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:43 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That is a moot point.  Gordon knows that he will be tested on a regular basis, knows that his livelihood depends on his ability to pass those tests, and continues to fail them.  It's not a moral question, it is a matter of not being able to count on him to be available.

Exactly. People want to say marijuana is not addictive, so Gordon must just be a dumbass for smoking it when he knows he's going to be tested and suspended and not make millions of dollars. Do we really need that kind of mental giant???
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:38 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Yo don't have to pay for him if he is suspended 

Well, that would appeal to Mike, for sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Absolutely, and my job doesn't even test.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Can he play center?
Reply/Quote
Well, we have a bunch of other thugs on our team.....what the hell is one more?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Well, we have a bunch of other thugs on our team.....what the hell is one more?

Sure, if the team could sign him as a FA, to a low risk contract.  Why not?  He could use Adam Jones as his sponsor, at the 12 step meetings hosted my Mike and Marvin. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, if the team could sign him as a FA, to a low risk contract.  Why not?  He could use Adam Jones as his sponsor, at the 12 step meetings hosted my Mike and Marvin. Ninja

IIRC, Gordon would be entering the final year of his rookie contract, and then he could be tendered as a RFA for another season after that. That would mean another 1-2 years of cheap money, which would essentially be low risk. Gordon is actually younger than McCarron.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Thought this thread was a joke but apparently people are serious about signing this loser. Maybe Mike Brown has finally brainwashed us with his way of thinking in the Bengals most recent article about pacman. Might as well draft Mixion ,sign Greg Hardy , Ray Rice , Johnny Manziel and trade a low round pick to the Cowboys for Randy Gregory while we're at it.
Reply/Quote

Do I play in the NFL?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Why not.... It's not like he will taint our image anymore than it already is. What could possibly go wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly thought the Bengals were moving away from picking up knuckleheads....until I heard Mike Brown openly give support for Adam Jones.
Nothing would surprise me at this point.
Gordon will be 26 this coming season, so he's not as old as I thought.

An interesting trade would be Gordon and mid-to-late rounder for McCarron? Browns would get a QB upgrade and the Bengals could get a big upgrade at WR.

No way would I count Gordon as anything more than a 7th rounder in a trade package.

Huge risk.

That being said, I would take a chance on him on a vet minimum contract in a minute.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:38 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Gordon is done he hasn't touched an NFL field in how long?

Pass 1000 times.

He's only 25 years old. He's 6'4, 220, and runs a 4.4 40. He has averaged almost 100 yards receiving per start. 

Translation: He's young, in the prime of his career, is a physical freak, and has proven himself more than capable.

It would be idiotic to write him off because of missed time.  The sport and position aren't rocket science. Can he run, can he jump, can run routes, is he as athletic as he used to be, etc??? If the answer continues to be yes then there is no reason he doesn't have a chance to regain elite form.

Hey, if you don't want the guy, no problem. But you're going to need to come up with a better explanation than him simply being done. He's not Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering whether or not he's in peak physical shape, I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/josh-gordon-shows-off-his-ridiculous-physique-as-he-attempts-a-comeback-032717
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's only 25 years old. He's 6'4, 220, and runs a 4.4 40. He has averaged almost 100 yards receiving per start. 

Translation: He's young, in the prime of his career, is a physical freak, and has proven himself more than capable.

It would be idiotic to write him off because of missed time.  The sport and position aren't rocket science. Can he run, can he jump, can run routes, is he as athletic as he used to be, etc??? If the answer continues to be yes then there is no reason he doesn't have a chance to regain elite form.

Hey, if you don't want the guy, no problem. But you're going to need to come up with a better explanation than him simply being done. He's not Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering whether or not he's in peak physical shape, I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/josh-gordon-shows-off-his-ridiculous-physique-as-he-attempts-a-comeback-032717

It's just his off the field concerns..

He's been suspended since 2014...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's only 25 years old. He's 6'4, 220, and runs a 4.4 40. He has averaged almost 100 yards receiving per start. 

As to the photo, two words--Holy shit.

Hey, we have Ten Chances on the roster.  Gordon's not even halfway there.  And he really can play. 

Can you trust him?  Seems to me, if the Browns let him go, that has to be telling.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's only 25 years old. He's 6'4, 220, and runs a 4.4 40. He has averaged almost 100 yards receiving per start. 

He's not anywhere close to done, and I personally don't have a problem with him using marijuana.  I just don't see how you have any faith in him being available.  I'm also not sure that he personally does not need a more structured environment and support system than he will get here (I believe he is an admitted alcoholic).  This organization seems to make a lot of excuses for people...
Reply/Quote
Sure. Why not? Embrace the image at this point.

But seriously, he's a VERY good player who doesn't have his head on straight. He hasn't played since 2014, but he will be 26 this season.

So sure. Give him a shot.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Random aside... anyone else wonder how this guy lives? He has never received a big payday, you would have to think the money he has made ran out a long time ago.
Reply/Quote

He's going to be 27 on April 13th and hasn't played a game of football since week 5 of 2014. In those 5 game of the 2014 season Gordon's stat line was...

5 GS, 24 REC, 303 yards, 12.6 avg and 0 TDs

Not bad but a step backwards. Granted he does play for Cleveland but that didn't stop him from performing better in the past.

I didn't feel like I needed to go into more detail of why Gordon is a risky pickup and his issues are well documented so it's not a write off simply because he missed time. It's a write off because he hasn't shown he is dedicated to football and isn't an ounce more reliable today then he was this time last year. It wasn't too long ago he trashed a house with Manziel on a party binge. The only reason anyone is thinking about Gordon is because of something he did in 2013.  From 2014-2016 he did nothing because he couldn't even get on the field. That's dedication!

So he posted a narcissistic post on social media with his shirt off like the rest of the male population that doesn't mean anything. Players have mentioned from time to time the difference in being in shape and being in game shape.  If Hobson posted the same thing about one of our players he'd be called Hobspin and it would've been labeled a fluff piece.

Jungle Noise wants it both ways. First we should cut Pacman because that's the kind of move a no non-sense franchise like the Pats would do but on the flip side let's bring in a guy who has been such a screw up he can't stay eligible to even participate in the NFL. I get the appeal he was awesome at one point but so was Odell Thurman and all the other wasted potential that could never stay dedicated.

I'm already pissed we decided to give Pacman a pass because it feels a lot like the 05-07 years and bringing in Gordon is a step in that direction again.
Reply/Quote