Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you be interested in Josh Gordon?
Josh Gordon has been suspended multiple times from multiple teams since 2010 at the collegiate and professional level.

What has he done to make anyone think he won't repeat his past behavior?

Anyone who would sign him needs to be immediately drug tested because they're just as high as Gordon.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:17 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Would you be interested in Josh Gordon in a trade or picking him up as a free agent?

I'd definitely look at it if he's shown that he's clear and wants to just get back to playing football and not the off the field stuff.

He was a top 5 receiver before his suspension/dilemma.

Imagine a pre-suspension Gordon and A.J. Green, the best WR duo in the game.

NO.  I want to see Green, Eifert, Lafell, Boyd, Core and the players we have and whoever we might get in the draft.  I like OUR WR's.   You are thinking Fantasy Football where there are no Offensive Linemen, and THAT is an area we need to work on and bring together before start of season. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If he were released by the Browns I'd give him a shot. I wouldn't trade anything of significance for him. I'm surprised they haven't released him already. Players association rules I imagine. They've stuck with him this long they should see what's he's got left
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are we leaning to the thug life?

Seriously? That thread almost sounds like it is coming true. We want Mixon, Adam and Gordon on our team?

[Image: 51QX51K2B2L.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Josh Gordon has been suspended multiple times from multiple teams since 2010 at the collegiate and professional level.

What has he done to make anyone think he won't repeat his past behavior?

Anyone who would sign him needs to be immediately drug tested because they're just as high as Gordon.

why everyone so upset about some dude smoking some green.     nfl looking at using it over pain pills for players right now
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 08:04 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't know if it is fact, but I've seen a couple times that he is an alcoholic.  The alcohol can definitely affect his judgement about getting high.  I don't remember reading much "bad" stuff about him, just that he suffers from addiction. 

his main issue was hanging out with johnny manzel
Reply/Quote
It's cliche as **** right now, but availability, as Marvin likes to say is one of the most important abilities a player can have. Gordon is almost never available. I don't care how much weed he smokes, but he's useless as a player if he can't get on the field due to suspensions.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 09:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: his main issue was hanging out with johnny manzel

He has been in trouble since he was in college at Baylor.  While Johnny was probably not a great influence, I doubt he had much before they even knew each other.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: why everyone so upset about some dude smoking some green.     nfl looking at using it over pain pills for players right now

I'm not upset he smokes weed. But, he won't do the team any good if he is suspended.

I doubt the NFL is exploring marijuana use to replace opioids and/or NSAIDs. I'm 99% sure Goodell has stated the opposite. Until the DEA reschedules marijuana there is going to be little to no progress related to marijuana reform.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 12:39 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He has been in trouble since he was in college at Baylor.  While Johnny was probably not a great influence, I doubt he had much before they even knew each other.

To be fair, a lot of players got into trouble while at Baylor.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 01:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm not upset he smokes weed. But, he won't do the team any good if he is suspended.

I doubt the NFL is exploring marijuana use to replace opioids and/or NSAIDs. I'm 99% sure Goodell has stated the opposite. Until the DEA reschedules marijuana there is going to be little to no progress related to  marijuana reform.

don't have to worry about him getting suspended 1 more strike and hes a Justin blackmon
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 01:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm not upset he smokes weed. But, he won't do the team any good if he is suspended.

I doubt the NFL is exploring marijuana use to replace opioids and/or NSAIDs. I'm 99% sure Goodell has stated the opposite. Until the DEA reschedules marijuana there is going to be little to no progress related to  marijuana reform.

Sorry your right its the NFLPA that is exploring the use of it for pain management
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: why everyone so upset about some dude smoking some green.     nfl looking at using it over pain pills for players right now

I hear ya, but it's not about right vs. wrong so much as rules vs. against the rules.  It may be absurd that NFL players are forbidden to consume a plant but are pushed towards side-effect laden and addictive drugs (yep, pills count as drugs) but until the rules change it matters not.
Reply/Quote
Why not?  We already got Smokey on the team.  He could be his side kick.

[Image: th?id=OIP.ETLGa587f6YqRJZKUGc0EwD_Es&pid...=300&h=300][Image: th?id=OIP.KKZc07-EYgOiLy1gQdHPHgEsCl&pid...=358&h=199]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wonder how many of you demonizing this man for smoking marijuana suck down a bottle of scotch or a 12 pack of beer when you get home?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Are we leaning to the thug life?

Seriously? That thread almost sounds like it is coming true. We want Mixon, Adam and Gordon on our team?

We'd have to open up an office at PBS for a resident parole officer and book an extra hotel room for the guy on road games.

Reply/Quote
I would. I dont think mb will go for it.

Look, im not going to get into the politics when it comes to marijuana, but my god. I would much rather have a guy that smokes a little weed (gordon) than someone who goes out drinking all the time (pacman, and really alot of players)

I know when im drinking (and obv. when pacman does) im super unpredictable. If im a little liquored up, i would say theres a chance i could get in a fight. Compared to when im sober, im going to do everything i can to do avoid a fight. Im bound to do SOMETHING stupid/embarrassing when im drinking.

You can also sign a guy like gordon for cheap. Desperation.

I think gordon has a lot of upside. Hes a super talent.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000363194/Top-100-Josh-Gordon
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 10:05 PM)Gohards Wrote: I would. I dont think mb will go for it.

Look, im not going to get into the politics when it comes to marijuana, but my god. I would much rather have a guy that smokes a little weed (gordon) than someone who goes out drinking all the time (pacman, and really alot of players)

I know when im drinking (and obv. when pacman does) im super unpredictable. If im a little liquored up, i would say theres a chance i could get in a fight. Compared to when im sober, im going to do everything i can to do avoid a fight. Im bound to do SOMETHING stupid/embarrassing when im drinking.

lol I'm the short annoying drunk who thinks he's 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Friends hated going to the bar with me cause I would always find the biggest SOB and start a fight.

Give me a joint and I'm the total opposite. Too scared to drive high and won't go out anywhere high anyway. Give me a joint and a woman and I'm good. Or at least PlayStation. So yea I'm 100% more likely to make the news paper one way or another drinking.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 07:51 PM)bengalbiff Wrote: I wonder how many of you demonizing this man for smoking marijuana suck down a bottle of scotch or a 12 pack of beer when you get home?

I sure as hell hope i am not demonizing this man Biff.

The only thing i know is that being in that position of being a great football player that made the NFL is pretty damn rare.

I would not waste it as terrible of a thing that is to say.

Beer is good.

(03-31-2017, 08:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: We'd have to open up an office at PBS for a resident parole officer and book an extra hotel room for the guy on road games.

Hilarious

(03-31-2017, 10:05 PM)Gohards Wrote: I would. I dont think mb will go for it.

What an awesome post in these times. Rock On

(03-31-2017, 11:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: lol I'm the short annoying drunk who thinks he's 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Friends hated going to the bar with me cause I would always find the biggest SOB and start a fight.

Give me a joint and I'm the total opposite. Too scared to drive high and won't go out anywhere high anyway. Give me a joint and a woman and I'm good. Or at least PlayStation. So yea I'm 100% more likely to make the news paper one way or another drinking.

Little man syndrome (spelling) lol LMAO

Honestly you know it man, i know too many to not acknowledge this truth.

Some little guys on liquor just go looking for the big fellas. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:38 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Gordon is done he hasn't touched an NFL field in how long?

Pass 1000 times.

I know it was preseason, but the the last time Josh Gordon touched an NFL field, he had 2 catches for 80 yrds. Josh Gordon on the Bengals would be the tits.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote