Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Would you do this deal?
Would you trade a first for Sherman? if we could get back a mid first for Mccaron? We could release Adam Jones. I know Bengals wouldn't but I personally would provide a good influence on Dre and Burfict etc...
Reply/Quote
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No. I feel Sherman isn't far behind Jones in the diminishing skills area. He's on the decline.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
He could probably still shutdownt Antonio Brown twice a year. we don't have that now
Reply/Quote

Meh, I'll pass.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Nnamdi Asomugha is why you shouldn't want Sherman. Sherman to me is a system CB and he won't be as successful outside of that system. Sherman is afforded a lot of leeway on holding that other teams besides Seattle don't get. Their theory is they hold so often that they force the refs to decide if they want to throw flags every play or if they are going to let it go and most let it go. The other issue is Seattle runs a lot of single high and press man where as we tend to be a cover two zone team.

The name sounds intriguing but the actual results could be a lot less interesting than the name.
Reply/Quote
Interesting article on MMQB this morning that talked about him having trouble with change of direction last year. They said it could mean his skills are declining or it could be a result of an injury he played through last year. It is a very deep draft for defense, so I would vote "no". If they want another first round cornerback, then take him at #9 and get the benefit of the rookie wage scale.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 02:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Would you trade a first for Sherman? if we could get back a mid first for Mccaron? We could release Adam Jones. I know Bengals wouldn't but I personally would provide a good influence on Dre and Burfict etc...

Nope....
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 02:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He could probably still shutdownt Antonio Brown twice a year. we don't have that now

how did brown do against us last year?
Reply/Quote
If they trade a high pick(s) for a player, it had better be for a starting caliber LT.  
Reply/Quote
Maybe if I had the 30th or 32nd overall pick, and hadn't just thrown money at Kirkpatrick and spent first round picks on Dennard and Will Jack.

But how the team currently is roster-wise and with the 9th overall pick, no.

Besides, earlier in FA had Logan Ryan, Stephon Gilmore, and AJ Bouye all 26-year-olds, all available for 0 draft picks, and all available for less money than Sherman. Meanwhile Sherman is 29 and only is under contract for 2 more years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nope. Mainly because he makes QB money and CB isn't a weakness for us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
3 years ago I would have, but not at this point. This team is in somewhat of a rebuild and Sherman could very easily turn into what Revis has by the time we are ready to contend again.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 07:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nope. Mainly because he makes QB money and CB isn't a weakness for us.

Actually, I was looking at it because I made the point of the money owed to him + age + 1st round pick + only 2 years left... and realized that any team that would trade for him would get him for 2yr/$22.431m. His cap hits are higher, but $4.4m of it over those 2 years is his signing bonus, which is still Seattle's problem, I believe.

So it's really not bad money at all, but my other concerns/reasons still stand.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 08:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Actually, I was looking at it because I made the point of the money owed to him + age + 1st round pick + only 2 years left... and realized that any team that would trade for him would get him for 2yr/$22.431m. His cap hits are higher, but $4.4m of it over those 2 years is his signing bonus, which is still Seattle's problem, I believe.

So it's really not bad money at all, but my other concerns/reasons still stand.

For a player of his caliber - at that position - it's not a ton of money. I wasn't saying he's overpaid or anything...just saying that 11+ million per is more than I'd want to spend at a position where we aren't exactly weak. Especially giving up a 1st round pick on top of that for a player on the downside.

I'm all for smart trades and FA moves, but that wouldn't be wise spending.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 02:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He could probably still shutdownt Antonio Brown twice a year. we don't have that now

Completely untrue. 

Brown almost never has big games against us. 

Reply/Quote
Sherman has about an $11.5 million cap hit. No way would we do that.

We should be able to get a young contributor at our pick. Plus, they'll cost a lot less.
Reply/Quote

Browns always averages about hald of what he averages against everyone else against us.
Reply/Quote
No way, Sherman is on the decline...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote

I beg to differ. Brown typically does very poor against the Bengals. In 2016, he had just 39 and 58 yards and 0 TDs in two games against the Bengals.
In 2015, he only had 47 and 87 yards and 1 total TD in the regular season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote