Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you help the Bengals build a new stadium?
(12-13-2021, 04:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember the PBS lease is up in 2026 and so far nothing on a renewal. If the Bengals came out and said they need a new stadium to remain what would your response be?

I would absolutely be in.  I think it is a huge thing for the area, and I would hope the next stadium would be like Lucas Oil stadium.  A dome with a retractable end.  Could host tons more events.

I know I will get hammered for that and will be showered with "I am not paying them a dime".  That is fine, and I am sure it will be the majority of the opinions.  My house is in Washington Township.  I have very high property taxes, and while I don't relish paying that much every month for my property taxes, I choose to live here and enjoy the fact that we have great schools and amazing parks.  I take a lot of pride in my community for that.  I volunteer a lot of my free time to serve in this community because I want it to be a great place for families, specifically kids.  

What does this have to do with a stadium?  I don't know the exact amount that the taxpayers would fork over on a yearly basis should there be a hypothetical 20 year, 2 billion dollar stadium tax.  No clue, but it wouldn't be that much per person.  I forget how much it was for the old stadium.  

There are so many businesses thriving downtown at the "banks" now and a new stadium could only help serve them.  

I also don't believe the Brown family wants to move the team and take a huge payout from a city like San Antonio.  They aren't about money the way a Jerry Jones would be.  They are more about family and community.  However, just because the team is worth a lot now, I don't see them forking over tons of money for the stadium themselves.  It should be a shared equation and the city will need to pay for a lot of it.  

Just my two cents.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dayton is a shithole and Columbus, well, all I can say is Detroit is a better city than Columbus. Wait... That's a lie. Detroit is a slum but I just don't like Columbus. Although, if another city in Ohio was to get the Bengals, Huber Heights or Springfield would be a better place. Yet, has to be on I-70 or south of it. Anything north is stain country.

Hey, be nice.  Downtown Dayton has some very nice areas and the suburbs are awesome.  That being said, there is no way a stadium would be built here.  The Dragons (Reds "A" ball affiliate) is in Dayton and the community loves them.  Something like a 25 year consecutive sell out record.  

Columbus is (I believe) one of the 12 largest cities in the country.  It could absolutely sustain a stadium and team, but the NFL doesn't like to compete with college towns.  That is one reason the pro teams have not approached USC in LA.  Even though they suck, USC is huge out there.  Ask Lincoln Riley.

The Bengals ever leave Cincy, no pro NFL team is coming back.  

I don't think they will leave, though.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hey, be nice.  Downtown Dayton has some very nice areas and the suburbs are awesome.  That being said, there is no way a stadium would be built here.  The Dragons (Reds "A" ball affiliate) is in Dayton and the community loves them.  Something like a 25 year consecutive sell out record.  

Columbus is (I believe) one of the 12 largest cities in the country.  It could absolutely sustain a stadium and team, but the NFL doesn't like to compete with college towns.  That is one reason the pro teams have not approached USC in LA.  Even though they suck, USC is huge out there.  Ask Lincoln Riley.

The Bengals ever leave Cincy, no pro NFL team is coming back.  

I don't think they will leave, though.  

Agreed, Cincinnati would be an NFL-less team if the Bengals ever leave and it would be disappointing to not have a franchise. I wouldn't be too upset if they relocated from Cincinnati to Columbus. I lived most my life in the Cincinnati area, but no longer do. Thus, from my perspective, I could root for the Columbus Bengals just as easy as I do the Cincinnati Bengals. I could also root for the Northern Kentucky Bengals. If they left for San Antonio, St. Louis, or another non-Ohio/Kentucky market, I'm not sure how it would impact my fandom.

A dome would be great!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 07:15 AM)kevin Wrote: IF....That magic word IF. 

Since the Bengals refuse to talk contracts during the season and refuse to try to resign Reiff or the still very young safety talent of Bates Motel, then I as a Fan refuse to discuss New Stadiums for same owners During The Season.  The old what goes around comes around.  Bengals are in a Play-Off Hunt, and if they can't talk contracts, we should not talk new Stadiums.  

Of course the Bengals are not talking New Stadium, so this all goes back to.....IF. 

I'm only concerned now with moving on to The At Denver Game. 

well if we had signed those guys to bigger deals last year we would have over paid....  Reiff isnt long term answer... Bates has fallen off
Reply/Quote
Is there a way they could retro-make PBS so it's like Lucas Oil Stadium? It would mean building walls around it and girders to support the roof. That stadium, Lucas, has a neat steampunk look to it and for the nicer weather games, they can still open the top so it is like being outside.

If they end up going to Columbus, it would be best if they could situate it in the southwest quadrant of that area.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Bengals, after 2026 became San Diego's new team?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember the PBS lease is up in 2026 and so far nothing on a renewal. If the Bengals came out and said they need a new stadium to remain what would your response be?

I just did a tour of Allegiant Stadium a couple of weeks ago. The stadium is awesome. To answer the question, yes with stipulations to help fund it.
1. Dome Stadium - but with natural grass. We got to see them roll the grass field outside while we were there and then they were setting up a turf field for the college team to play.
2. Stadium must use a sponsor and team gets 30% of the revenue and the county/city gets 70%. Paul Brown is dead and can be honored inside the stadium in many ways just as the Raiders honored Al Davis.
3. Team funds 49% and city county funds 51% (they own it and not Bengals).
4. Events can be held year round, revenue split the same as abobe 30% team and 70% for teh city/county.

Cincinnati could finally get a Super Bowl, basketball final 4, concerts year round and many more events to bring people downtown to help businesses and help pay for a state of the art stadium.

I say go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just did a tour of Allegiant Stadium a couple of weeks ago. The stadium is awesome. To answer the question, yes with stipulations to help fund it.
1. Dome Stadium - but with natural grass. We got to see them roll the grass field outside while we were there and then they were setting up a turf field for the college team to play.
2. Stadium must use a sponsor and team gets 30% of the revenue and the county/city gets 70%. Paul Brown is dead and can be honored inside the stadium in many ways just as the Raiders honored Al Davis.
4. Events can be held year round, revenue split the same as abobe 30% team and 70% for teh city/county.

Cincinnati could finally get a Super Bowl, basketball final 4, concerts year round and many more events to bring people downtown to help businesses and help pay for a state of the art stadium.

Good point. You can erect a bronze statue of the man outside the stadium and I'd argue that is more meaningful than having the stadium named after him.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Look at the 7 years of free agents we signed before PBS vs the 7 years that followed:

Before: Garrison Hearst, Ashley Ambrose (better than any CB we've signed since), Neil O'Donnell, Eric Bieniemy, Jimmy Spencer, Andre Collins, Keith Rucker, Derrick Fenner (800 yard season with 14 TDs in Seattle), Clyde Simmons, Myron Bell, Michael Bankston, Oliver Gibson, Richmond Webb, etc

After: Tory James, John Thornton, Reggie Kelly, Kevin Hardy, Kenny Watson, Kim Herring, Duane Clemons, Bryon Robinson, Carl Powell, Nate Webster, Jon Kitna (better than ODonnell? Eh), Antonio Chatman, Dhani Jones, Dexter Jackson, etc.

Where's the giant leap in quality?

As said before, Hearst was a waiver clam, not a FA.  

Fenner came in '92, outside of the 7 year window from '93 to '99 and before the institution of modern FA in '93.

Webb actually signed in '01, so move him from the pre PBS group to the post PBS group.

Can't believe you left out Bobbie Williams and Lorenzo Neal in your post PBS list.  Neal even made the Pro Bowl for us.  You throw out Fenner but omit Gus Frerotte who was a former Pro Bowler when he signed here?  Michael Westbrook had an 1100 yard season for the skins.  Tony Williams?  

I mean, you literally left off 2 of the best Post PBS FA's and included 3 guys in Pre PBS list that don't belong.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 06:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's not just about if they can support a team, it's also about if they would be cutting into surrounding teams markets. The owners still have to approve a new location.

Also.... Portsmouth, VA? Because that's way too small. (And 9+ hours from Cincinnati.) Charlotte, WV? Honestly this post is all kinds of confusing.

- - - - - -
NFL's best chance is trying to go North to Canada if they want new cities, or maybe Portland. Or simply go back to San Diego with private stadium funding.

Sorry man.  Portsmouth, OH.  Actually I believe there was once a professional team there.  Big football area, with a large Bengal base in most directions.  Would also move us closer to Shitsburgh to add to the rivalry.  I'm just sayin'...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just did a tour of Allegiant Stadium a couple of weeks ago. The stadium is awesome. To answer the question, yes with stipulations to help fund it.

No F'n way.... do you not remember the crap we just played on in Las Vegas where they try to do that? Build a dome so they don't have to build an indoor practice facility, keep the turf, name the stadium after a sponsor but keep the field named "Paul Brown Field" at Sponsor's Stadium.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: As said before, Hearst was a waiver clam, not a FA.  

Fenner came in '92, outside of the 7 year window from '93 to '99 and before the institution of modern FA in '93.

Webb actually signed in '01, so move him from the pre PBS group to the post PBS group.

Can't believe you left out Bobbie Williams and Lorenzo Neal in your post PBS list.  Neal even made the Pro Bowl for us.  You throw out Fenner but omit Gus Frerotte who was a former Pro Bowler when he signed here?  Michael Westbrook had an 1100 yard season for the skins.  Tony Williams?  

I mean, you literally left off 2 of the best Post PBS FA's and included 3 guys in Pre PBS list that don't belong.

Yeah....correct all my mistakes, add those 2 guys and the point still stands.

Still don't see the giant leap in quality when your "highlights" are a fullback and Bobbie Williams, while my "highlights" are an All-Pro CB and a Super Bowl QB.

Neither list is impressive, just admit it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:35 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Sorry man.  Portsmouth, OH.  Actually I believe there was once a professional team there.  Big football area, with a large Bengal base in most directions.  Would also move us closer to Shitsburgh to add to the rivalry.  I'm just sayin'...

Yeah, Portsmouth was home to the now Detroit Lions, then known as the Portsmouth Spartans. Played at Spartan Municipal. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No, why, I live in Cleveland

you dont live in cincinnati, you live in cleveland
Reply/Quote

Is the current stadium even paid for yet?

I really don't know the answer to that as I don't live in Ohio any longer.

And, isn't it one of the newer stadiums in the league?

Who was in-charge of building the current stadium? Didn't they know what they were doing and build it right so that it would fill the needs for a long time? [I guess that was a rhetorical question]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:48 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Is the current stadium even paid for yet?

I really don't know the answer to that as I don't live in Ohio any longer.

And, isn't it one of the newer stadiums in the league?

Who was in-charge of building the current stadium? Didn't they know what they were doing and build it right so that it would fill the needs for a long time? [I guess that was a rhetorical question]

Stadium is listed from 2000  there are only 13 older still being used i believe...  but those are some iconic locations in some cases.

https://footballstadiumdigest.com/2017/09/nfl-stadiums-listed-oldest-to-newest/

So they might Want a new stadium in the next 5 years if some of these other teams start getting them too.      

Someone will build one for them if we dont here. (but its still designed well... And its not like we need more seats) i like the open top more than a dome
Reply/Quote
I'd be all for it. I'm not sure about the city as a whole. There's a lot of animosity toward the Brown family and probably even moreso regarding the stadium deal.

I suppose one thing they have going for them is that a lot of people that were pissed about it are much older and that there are a lot of younger potential taxpayers out there that may not be of an age to remember the outcry over the last deal.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dayton is a shithole and Columbus, well, all I can say is Detroit is a better city than Columbus. Wait... That's a lie. Detroit is a slum but I just don't like Columbus. Although, if another city in Ohio was to get the Bengals, Huber Heights or Springfield would be a better place. Yet, has to be on I-70 or south of it. Anything north is stain country.

Huber Heights is in the Dayton Metro Area. You can literally drive for 1-2 minutes on I-75 and go from downtown Dayton to Huber Heights. Also it's weird to call Dayton a shit hole and then recommend Springfield. I personally like both cities but Dayton has a lot more to do, and lot more industry, better public transportation. Both cities have good metro parks. I don't think either city is big enough for an NFL team unless maybe the league expanded to 64 teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 07:36 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd be all for it.  I'm not sure about the city as a whole.  There's a lot of animosity toward the Brown family and probably even moreso regarding the stadium deal.  

I suppose one thing they have going for them is that a lot of people that were pissed about it are much older and that there are a lot of younger potential taxpayers out there that may not be of an age to remember the outcry over the last deal.

Maybe they could curry more favor with the taxpayers if they were to build a dome.  They could pitch as a 365-day venue instead of an open venue that can't be used a good chunk of the year.  Reduce seating capacity to about 55,000 so it doesn't look like PBS did on Sunday.  Maybe snag an NCAA final four, unless they have hotel requirements akin to the NFL for a Super Bowl.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 07:52 PM)treee Wrote: Huber Heights is in the Dayton Metro Area. You can literally drive for 1-2 minutes on I-75 and go from downtown Dayton to Huber Heights. Also it's weird to call Dayton a shit hole and then recommend Springfield. I personally like both cities but Dayton has a lot more to do, and lot more industry, better public transportation. Both cities have good metro parks. I don't think either city is big enough for an NFL team unless maybe the league expanded to 64 teams.

The reason I said Springfield/Huber Heights was for the location not dead center in the city. Plus, it's close to Wright Pat and is a good area to put a stadium where traffic would be less trouble than Dayton proper. I was basically speaking of access (but I really don't like Dayton too much). Also, Middletown area would be ok. 675 services both areas but easier access to the airport in SPR/HH.

Reply/Quote

Springfield is my birthplace & all I can say is "what a shithole".
Reply/Quote