Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you help the Bengals build a new stadium?
Just build a Bengals stadium out in West Chester and draw from both the Cincy and Dayton suburbs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember the PBS lease is up in 2026 and so far nothing on a renewal. If the Bengals came out and said they need a new stadium to remain what would your response be?

I can honestly see the team leaving.. I just hope they keep the Benglals name and don't change the helmets..
Reply/Quote
We don’t need a new one
Reply/Quote
PBS was only built a little over 20 years ago the Bengals wont be getting a new stadium for a long time. They will continue to renovate though. Also The Bengals are not leaving Cincinnati the Brown family is too heavily invested in the area and Cincinnati is a mid sized sports city it needs the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 08:46 PM)Tony Wrote: I can honestly see the team leaving.. I just hope they keep the Benglals name and don't change the helmets..

Always the ray of sunshine.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I don't live in the county but assuming I did have to pay taxes to have it built I'd say extend the life of the current stadium a bit longer (maybe 10 years to 2036?). If a new stadium does get built more than half the cost should be privately funded. None of this contributing $44 million of to a total $455 million price tag (not to mention maintenance and upkeep costs). A new stadium will be a $1 billion+ enterprise and I could live with paying taxes to support maybe 30% of that. The Bengals can pay $30 million a year on a 30 year loan for the rest. Considering how pro-football consistently makes money that shouldn't be difficult to budget for.

If that can't be done then, well, I'd be sad to see them go but maybe you can build some affordable housing, a park, or a museum where the stadium is now. There are other ways to make the world better/more enjoyable.

Reply/Quote
100% no.
Reply/Quote
This thread makes me wonder, if the Bengals ever did leave Cincinnati/Ohio/the region for a place like San Antonio, how many of us would still follow the team? Would we be like Raider nation and root them on or would a detachment from the hometown area make people move on from the NFL or seek out a new team? I don't think the NFL would ever give Cincinnati a replacement franchise.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This thread makes me wonder, if the Bengals ever did leave Cincinnati/Ohio/the region for a place like San Antonio, how many of us would still follow the team? Would we be like Raider nation and root them on or would a detachment from the hometown area make people move on from the NFL or seek out a new team? I don't think the NFL would ever give Cincinnati a replacement franchise.

If they changed their name it be over.

I'm not sure if i'd pick a new team or just stop following the NFL all together.          From here the next closest teams are Indy, Cleveland, Tenn, Pitt

I guess following the Browns would make sense but that be hard to do.

If they kept the name id still kinda root for them but wouldnt follow them nearly as actively.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This thread makes me wonder, if the Bengals ever did leave Cincinnati/Ohio/the region for a place like San Antonio, how many of us would still follow the team? Would we be like Raider nation and root them on or would a detachment from the hometown area make people move on from the NFL or seek out a new team? I don't think the NFL would ever give Cincinnati a replacement franchise.

Wouldn't people still like Joe Burrow, at least?  I get the frustration, but I can't picture Burrow and San Antonio playing the Steelers and Bengals fans being like "I don't care who wins."

Maybe one the whole team changes ala the Oilers to Titans itd be easier to move on.  But i also can't see the Brown family leaving the Bengals name and history behind. 
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Bezos would be more than happy to pay for a new stadium for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wouldn't people still like Joe Burrow, at least?  I get the frustration, but I can't picture Burrow and San Antonio playing the Steelers and Bengals fans being like "I don't care who wins."

Maybe one the whole team changes ala the Oilers to Titans itd be easier to move on.  But i also can't see the Brown family leaving the Bengals name and history behind. 

If they were still the Bengals and in a different geographical location, I'd follow the team-- I think? If it was an Oilers to Titans or Browns to Ravens situation, I don't think I'd have interest. I wonder if people in St. Louis rooted for the Arizona Cardinals when they had the Rams and do any fans there still follow the Rams since the return to LA? If the Bengals were a beloved and iconic franchise like the Cowboys or Raiders, perhaps it would be different.

Hmmm, maybe I wouldn't be interested in the Bengals anymore. I think it will be interesting to see how things unfold when the stadium deal is up.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm sure Bezos would be more than happy to pay for a new stadium for the Bengals.

Hopefully it would be shaped like a giant penis.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wouldn't people still like Joe Burrow, at least?  I get the frustration, but I can't picture Burrow and San Antonio playing the Steelers and Bengals fans being like "I don't care who wins."

Team moving would likely be the Browns(family) Selling...   As the team was built to compete with the Browns moving might cause divisional realignment etc...   

Id still be a fan of Burrow.. Im still a fan of Dalton. But would care a lot less about the team
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Team moving would likely be the Browns(family) Selling...   As the team was built to compete with the Browns moving might cause divisional realignment etc...   

Id still be a fan of Burrow.. Im still a fan of Dalton.     But would care a lot less about the team

I thought this thread was about " buy me a new stadium or im taking the team somewhere with grateful taxpayers who will."  That indicates the Brown family still own the team, no?

San Antonio Pumpkins.  I'd root for them.  Screw it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought this thread was about " buy me a new stadium or im taking the team somewhere with grateful taxpayers who will."  That indicates the Brown family still own the team, no?

San Antonio Pumpkins.  I'd root for them.  Screw it. 

Could the Team has a deal with the City no matter who owns them....      I dont see the team trying to leave while the browns own it... At least not while MB is living.     

Im all for building a new stadium to keep our NFL team
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals moved to another city, I'd probably quit watching the NFL altogether and go back to watching college ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hopefully it would be shaped like a giant penis.

If they do that, the stadium may end doubling as a shrine during the offseason.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The LA teams each had $550m relocation fees.

There's approximately 0% chance that Mike Brown is giving $550m to anyone, let alone the other owners. Then you factor in that there's not going to be anywhere that is going to just give him a new stadium without him having to pay for it and bam. Between the relocation fee and the stadium costs, Mike Brown moving the Bengals would be a near-$1b move, probably.

It ain't gonna happen. Not with one of the poorest owners in the NFL. (In both a monetary and performance sense.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hopefully it would be shaped like a giant penis.

[Image: blueorigin_austinpowers_bezos_copy.png]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote