Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather?
Go to the postseason again with Marv or would you rather lose out and get a new coach? Just want to get a grasp of the direction you guys think we should take.

No experience setting up polls. Sorry guys.

Oh...and no other scenarios please. Just answer between the 2 options.
Reply/Quote
If I had to choose, I'd take the rough season that led to the coaching staff getting cleaned out.

Marvin isn't leading this team anywhere that matters.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 01:41 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Go to the postseason again with Marv or would you rather lose out and get a new coach? Just want to get a grasp of the direction you guys think we should  take.

Anyone is going to want to get back to the postseason, but the odds at 0-2 are extremely low.

The flip side of this is, losing out still doesn't guarantee that Marvin is gone. Can lose every game and get the #1 pick and that doesn't mean Mike Brown cans his good buddy.

If the option is, go to the postseason and be one and done and status quo versus lose a lot and be promised Marvin is gone, well at this point in the season I think you take the lose a lot let the young guys get experience and can Marvin.

I just don't want to pull against the team, especially since 0-16 doesn't = Marvin is gone.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Win super bowl with Marv or lose and fire no in between
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 01:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If I had to choose, I'd take the rough season that led to the coaching staff getting cleaned out.

Would be nice to see it happen, like we talked about in other threads, there is a few guys I'd keep around, Urban, Simmons, guy show show they can coach but that o-line coach and head coach being gone sure would be nice.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 01:47 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Win super bowl with Marv or lose and fire no in between

So I take that you're rolling woth Marv?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 01:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If I had to choose, I'd take the rough season that led to the coaching staff getting cleaned out.

Yep. Same boat. I'm low key hoping Marv chokes.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 01:46 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Anyone is going to want to get back to the postseason, but the odds at 0-2 are extremely low.

The flip side of this is, losing out still doesn't guarantee that Marvin is gone. Can lose every game and get the #1 pick and that doesn't mean Mike Brown cans his good buddy.

If the option is, go to the postseason and be one and done and status quo versus lose a lot and be promised Marvin is gone, well at this point in the season I think you take the lose a lot let the young guys get experience and can Marvin.

I just don't want to pull against the team, especially since 0-16 doesn't = Marvin is gone.
Marvin and postseason or Losing and new coach? If this is hard to answer thats how bad ML is in the postseason. 
Reply/Quote
Couple questions first.
1. Are we assuming it will be one and done. Always a chance.
2. Who would we be playing. If Pitt may change things
3. Will it just be Marvin fired? What about Gunth and PA
4. If we lose out can we still beat Pitt.
5. Is Colin K. Involved in any way? J/k

I'm going to actually go with the playoff. I want Marvin gone as yesterday but isn't going to the playoffs what it's all about. You never know what might happen once we're there. I know it will most likely be a loss but ya never know. Same holds true for the coaching staff next season, will they even get us to the playoffs. It's so easy to say lose out so Marvins gone and that's what I really want to pick but, I'm going to go with playoffs as crazy as it sounds.
Reply/Quote
I'll take lose and clean the ENTIRE staff out. No sense in leaving any trace of the stench of mediocrity....or in PAs case....the abyss.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If we don't get a few playoff wins this year I say move on from the head coach. I want to see PA gone reguardless 28 years at the same position coaching spot is just way too long.
Reply/Quote
Might as well lose out. Get a top draft pick and a new coach to help make the choice.

Reply/Quote
I want whatever it takes to fix this. Marvin isn't the solution.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 01:41 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Go to the postseason again with Marv or would you rather lose out and get a new coach? Just want to get a grasp of the direction you guys think we should  take.

This will not be the popular answer, but I want the playoffs because this season I think they have a shot of winning it all if they could fix their offense.  I think it would be fitting to have Marv win one and retire.  Cleaning house doesn't guarantee us of anything and I want to win.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 07:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This will not be the popular answer, but I want the playoffs because this season I think they have a shot of winning it all if they could fix their offense.  I think it would be fitting to have Marv win one and retire.  Cleaning house doesn't guarantee us of anything and I want to win.  

How can they fix an oline that's full of bums? You can only scheme around such a glaring weakness so much. 

Reply/Quote
I would probably say lose out and get a new coach.

Because, let's be honest, this team isn't winning the super bowl. So getting to the post season is mostly pointless.

On the other hand, if we lose out, we can get a new coach, we can draft Sam Darnold (or Josh Rosen) and we can start the rebuild the right way. With a QB who elevates his team rather than a QB who needs to be elevated by his team.

And the best news is this wouldn't even be a true rebuild because we have so many of the pieces in place. A solid to great defense, a pile of great wide outs and RBs and a new coach who would, presumably, have the fire that 2003 Marvin Lewis had to prove himself and endear himself to the city.

Then we can draft a new tackle at the top of the 2nd round, a new guard/center in the 3rd. We could probably get back to the playoffs by 2019. Hell, we could even make it in 2018 if our rookies play well enough!

There's hope you guys! It just doesn't rest with Dalton or Lewis (or McCarron, most likely.)
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 07:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How can they fix an oline that's full of bums? You can only scheme around such a glaring weakness so much. 

I disagree...see my response to Packerbacker's thread about Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 06:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'll take lose and clean the ENTIRE staff out. No sense in leaving any trace of the stench of mediocrity....or in PAs case....the abyss.

Except that Mike Brown will probably refuse to fire some of the coaches, like Alexander, unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 08:40 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Except that Mike Brown will probably refuse to fire some of the coaches, like Alexander, unfortunately.

.....and that may be when I finally say "enough".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I have always said do whatever it takes to win so as of now, I hope we go beat Green Bay. But if we lose to GB, if I were king for a day, I would fire every member of the coaching staff not named Lazor (spelling) or Simmons that has been on staff longer than 5 years.. Then, I would direct the acting head coach to rest Geno, Dunlap, Burfict, Green, Dalton and a bunch of starters the remainder of 2017 to keep them healthy and play for the #1 draft choice in 2018.

Why not? Let the young guys play and see what they have so we know our needs in the draft for 2018. It would give those with promise a year to improve under fire against 1st team NFL stars. What is the benefit of playing to win once a team is eliminated from playoffs in the NFL? There is no benefit because wins equal moving up in the draft order from #1 to 7, 8 or 9 in many cases.

I pay a lot of money for season tickets so some may say the season ticket holder base would be in an uproar. Guess what, this one is already in an uproar and if no dramatic change in 2018, I am not going to renew again. This tactic of playing for the number 1 pick would give me hope they know they need some studs to add to a great core and have a plan on how to get them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote