Poll: Would you take a Thug team Super Bowl win if it were possible?
Yes - I would take it
No - I don't want the Front Office to appear vindicated
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you take a Thug team Superbowl Bengals win if it were possible?
This is a no brainer question!
Reply/Quote
Aaron Hernandez is a thug. ISIS are thugs. Pacman Jones, Joe Mixon, and the like are some punks who weren't raised very well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I would take this in a heartbeat. I just want a SB.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Absolutely. As embarrassing as it would be to win a super bowl having that stigma of being "a team full of thugs", it's still just that: a super bowl win. I'd take it in a heartbeat. 

Hell, the steelers have done it a few times and it doesn't bother their fanbase any.

(03-22-2017, 05:24 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'd eat my words in a heartbeat and take back everything negative I ever said about Marvin and his coaching... 

But I think the odds of any of that ever happening are slim to none. I'd love to be wrong but another thing Marvin is terrible at is proving me wrong.

Took the words right out of my mouth my good man......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Do you think the Steelers will be remember for their antics on the field of Play? NO! They will be remember as Super Bowl Champs. Constantly Winning SuperBowls. Do you think they will be remember for going low or hitting HIGH? NO! They will be remember for their domination of the AFC NORTH. Do you think they will be remember for their stomping, pushing and shoving? NO! they will be remember for their Trophies in the Case. Do you think they will be remember for fighting and cursing? NO!!! They will be remember for Being tough as nails and getting the Job DONE!

I will take Prisoners who have stolen, shot at or betrayed society for a SB win. Except for Rape, I won't take a Rapist.
Reply/Quote
Would you want Mike and Marvin to get Vindicated?

For them to become Media "Rock Stars" overnight?

For "their WAY" to Actually work; making their Critics "Eat crow" & them having the "Last Laugh" ?  

* The 3 lines above would come with it.
It seems agreed that Thugs are acceptable if winning (a no brainer to most people)
BUT what about the 3 questions above.

Would you rather Mike and Marvin forever be stamped as Losers than have them win it all "their way" ?
Reply/Quote
Where's the choice for...
"No - I don't want to basically be a Steelers fan"?

Why does it have to be "Yes" or "No, because of spite against the FO"? Shitty-made poll is shitty.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 10:34 AM)jason Wrote: Aaron Hernandez is a thug. ISIS are thugs. Pacman Jones, Joe Mixon, and the like are some punks who weren't raised very well.

That is very well said.  I have been guilty of grouping punk behavior with thug mentality.

(03-24-2017, 11:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Where's the choice for...

Why does it have to be "Yes" or "No, because of spite against the FO"? Shitty-made poll is shitty.

My thoughts as well.  I haven't voted because the "No" choice here is loaded and not why I would say no.  I'm not in middle school having a breakdown seeing Joe Montana drive down the field and win super bowl XXIII.  I don't have that blind, personal connection with the Bengals any longer.  Now I watch them out habit it seems, maybe some nostalgia as they are my childhood team. But, they aren't "my team" on a personal level.  So seeing them win a superbowl with a team full of thugs or punks would have no interest to me at all.  I probably would not even bother to watch them.  The need to cheer for orange and black laundry on the field is not more important to than my sense of right and wrong. Just because they can run fast and tackle hard doesn't give them a free pass from me.  If i don't like them as people I am going to have no interest in their success. I'm not a steelers fan whose sense of self worth comes from seeing a group of strangers succeed on the field, turning a blind eye to their unsavoriness on and off it.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
This poll is kinda silly.

A championship changes perceptions. As they say, "everyone loves a winner". Suddenly Burfict would be gritty and old school instead of dirty. Pacman and Mixon (supposedly) would be redemption tales. As would perennial losers Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis. So national media perception wouldn't be something we'd have to worry about any more. Now as far as our own opinions, not everyone views Burfict and a thug (that's mostly Steelers fans and media), and every team has players like a Mixon or especially Foster. Obviously Pacman is one of the biggest thugs in the NFL, but I don't think having Pacman is enough to justify you labeling this a "thug team".

But to answer one of your questions, no I wouldn't mind Mike and Marv being painted as hero's. In fact I'd feel good for them. I may bash them incessantly for their many failures (what can I say...I love my team more than the people on it or running it...), but ultimately I love redemption stories and I'm a forgiving person. Especially when it involves winning a championship. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yes, we need it.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 11:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Where's the choice for...

It goes to the Heart of how committed people really are to their view points.
Many Posters want an Organizational move away from having Thug players on the team. They take say a Joe Mixon completely off the Draft Board on principle. Change the Culture. YET, they could live with Thugs if it meant a Super bowl.
A lack of Total Commitment to the "no thugs" concept they support.
Similarly, many want more Spending on Free Agents, retaining say Zeitler and Whit and for the Front Office to commit to this approach rather than being cheap. Having no Faith in Mike and Marvin's approach to the point of finding it Impossible to ever work. Committed to the idea that the Front Office approach is so bad it can't ever work.
If by some miracle it did work, these Posters would have been proven wrong and an old man in an old Brown suit would be surrounded by Cameras like a Rock Star.

In fairness to Mike & Marvin, they did have 2 teams that could have possibly pulled it off but injuries to Palmer & Dalton during those seasons took those chances away. The Steelers and Broncos won it all those years. We won the division with Palmer that Steeler Super bowl year and took Denver to overtime with a backup QB in Denver the Denver Super bowl year with Seedings on the line. Palmer and Dalton injuries killed the Front Offices best chances at proving people wrong.
Would these Posters be ok with being proven wrong by Mike and Marvin if it could somehow happen?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis won 5 straight Super Bowls there would still be plenty of members here squealing "It should have been 8 or 10" and "They won IN SPITE OF Giggles not BECAUSE of him" and "I am still mad that we did not draft Steven Jackson."

Let them win a playoff game before we start this.

The fact is, under Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis, they have not been good enough to win one playoff game, let along even one Super Bowls.

Reply/Quote
Hails yeah. I just want to win baby!
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: It would be very IRONIC if Marvin and Mike Brown actually pulled off a Super bowl win with the THUG team image being front and center on the team. That in Mike Brown's last few years on earth, he actually "pulls it off" with say Reuben Foster, Joe Mixon, Pac Man Jones, Vontaze Burfict & maybe a few other players with not so good reputations added.
If they did pull it off it would be a form of Vindication for their Front Office.
Overnight, Mike Brown & Marvin Lewis become plastered on TV sets everywhere and are considered Football Geniuses by millions of people Worldwide because they pulled it off.  They do it on the CHEAP as well. Spending as little as possible and defying all of their critics. The International MEDIA would continue to Forever Stamp the City with the THUG Team concept as it relates to the Bengals only it would have had a Super Bowl ending.

Would you take this if it were possible or would you rather the THUG team concept never work for the Bengals?

I brought this Thread back up because it only had 2 "No" Votes and 32 "Yes" votes before Joe Mixon was drafted.

Now many are pounding the table against the Mixon pick plus a local News Boycott attempt.

It looks like Mike Brown just "DOUBLED DOWN" on the THUG TEAM approach likely for the rest of his life with this Mixon pick.

As the Poll asks:  Would people still take a THUG TEAM (now with Mixon) Super bowl win or rather it never works out ?

Mike Brown is ALL IN on this THUG image, likely for the rest of his life now with his choice of Mixon.

Winning would "Vindicate" Mike Brown on this issue in a way by actually working. He becomes an instant "Rock Star" to boot with a Super bowl win.

Still take it ?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: It would be very IRONIC if Marvin and Mike Brown actually pulled off a Super bowl win with the THUG team image being front and center on the team. That in Mike Brown's last few years on earth, he actually "pulls it off" with say Reuben Foster, Joe Mixon, Pac Man Jones, Vontaze Burfict & maybe a few other players with not so good reputations added.
If they did pull it off it would be a form of Vindication for their Front Office.
Overnight, Mike Brown & Marvin Lewis become plastered on TV sets everywhere and are considered Football Geniuses by millions of people Worldwide because they pulled it off.  They do it on the CHEAP as well. Spending as little as possible and defying all of their critics. The International MEDIA would continue to Forever Stamp the City with the THUG Team concept as it relates to the Bengals only it would have had a Super Bowl ending.

Would you take this if it were possible or would you rather the THUG team concept never work for the Bengals?

I brought this Thread back up because it only had 2 "No" Votes and 32 "Yes" votes before Joe Mixon was drafted.

Now many are pounding the table against the Mixon pick plus a local News Boycott attempt.

It looks like Mike Brown just "DOUBLED DOWN" on the THUG TEAM approach likely for the rest of his life with this Mixon pick.

As the Poll asks:  Would people still take a THUG TEAM (now with Mixon) Super bowl win or rather it never works out ?

Mike Brown is ALL IN on this THUG image, likely for the rest of his life now with his choice of Mixon.

Winning would "Vindicate" Mike Brown on this issue in a way by actually working. He becomes an instant "Rock Star" to boot with a Super bowl win.

Still take it ?
Reply/Quote
So I'm late to the party on this but yes I'd take it in a heartbeat. That being said, the only "thug" on this team is Adam jones.

But let's face it, the NFL is never going to allow this team to win a super bowl.

Reply/Quote

there are no thug teams in the NFL..

its simply this

You win or you Don't...    If you don't take the risk on talent someone else will and they will use it to beat you.

this is a bait poll... designed to get member arguing against themselves.... But nothing matters in the NFL besides WINNING...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 02:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: there are no thug teams in the NFL..

its simply this

You win or you Don't...    If you don't take the risk on talent someone else will and they will use it to beat you.

this is a bait poll... designed to get member arguing against themselves....   But nothing matters in the NFL besides WINNING...

I have heard the word "Thug" mentioned a number of times on ESPN, FOX, NFL Network.

Thug is the image we have, fair or not.

As for getting people to argue, that is already happening in droves.

My intent for this Poll was more about Mike Brown getting "Vindicated" if he actually won Big and whether people want him to be "vindicated" say with Pac Man holding the Lombardi Trophy.
Reply/Quote
As long as they live in Thug Mansion after the win. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
In the words of Greg Lloyd:
Reply/Quote