Poll: Would you take a Thug team Super Bowl win if it were possible?
Yes - I would take it
No - I don't want the Front Office to appear vindicated
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you take a Thug team Superbowl Bengals win if it were possible?

This post brought to you by Thuggy Bear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just want a Superbowl win.At my age I don't give a damn how we do it anymore.Just give us hardcore just 1.Beggars ain't choosy anymore.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It all depends.

Did the Bengals choose the thug life or did the thug life choose them?

Lol,,you made a funny
It got a good laugh to sir
Reply/Quote
Your 2017 Bengals:

[Image: b9c712daaaf87e63797c7ed30a77f4d0ab0954ce_hq.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Why not? Didn't seem to bother Pitt, Baltimore or NE being accused of things.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 11:20 AM)depthchart Wrote: Would you want Mike and Marvin to get Vindicated?

For them to become Media "Rock Stars" overnight?

For "their WAY" to Actually work; making their Critics "Eat crow" & them having the "Last Laugh" ?  

* The 3 lines above would come with it.
It seems agreed that Thugs are acceptable if winning (a no brainer to most people)
BUT what about the 3 questions above.

Would you rather Mike and Marvin forever be stamped as Losers than have them win it all "their way" ?

if this is how you feel your rooting for the wrong team...

Of course you want Mike browns way to work... He doesn't cave to these "kids" he does things on his terms.

Marvin has been a hell of a coach for us postseason woes aside. If not for marvin coming here we might be trying to figure out who our 3 wins next season would come against.
Reply/Quote
If I truly feel like this Idk why I even watch games but a little part of me just thinks Godell would NEVER allow us to win a title.

Wed get screwed somewhere somehow. If we don't win every game by 30 then I feel the league would cheat us.

Its a silly opinion and has no backing at all......but if we took a thug team to the playoffs im sure it would be the most one sided officiating of all time. We already saw it in Pittsburg 2 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: It would be very IRONIC if Marvin and Mike Brown actually pulled off a Super bowl win with the THUG team image being front and center on the team. That in Mike Brown's last few years on earth, he actually "pulls it off" with say Reuben Foster, Joe Mixon, Pac Man Jones, Vontaze Burfict & maybe a few other players with not so good reputations added.
If they did pull it off it would be a form of Vindication for their Front Office.
Overnight, Mike Brown & Marvin Lewis become plastered on TV sets everywhere and are considered Football Geniuses by millions of people Worldwide because they pulled it off.  They do it on the CHEAP as well. Spending as little as possible and defying all of their critics. The International MEDIA would continue to Forever Stamp the City with the THUG Team concept as it relates to the Bengals only it would have had a Super Bowl ending.

Would you take this if it were possible or would you rather the THUG team concept never work for the Bengals?

So....you are basically just asking if I would like to see us win a SB? Of course. We are already stamped with the "Team of Thugs" anyway.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 02:31 PM)depthchart Wrote: I brought this Thread back up because it only had 2 "No" Votes and 32 "Yes" votes before Joe Mixon was drafted.

Now many are pounding the table against the Mixon pick plus a local News Boycott attempt.

It looks like Mike Brown just "DOUBLED DOWN" on the THUG TEAM approach likely for the rest of his life with this Mixon pick.

As the Poll asks:  Would people still take a THUG TEAM (now with Mixon) Super bowl win or rather it never works out ?

Mike Brown is ALL IN on this THUG image, likely for the rest of his life now with his choice of Mixon.

Winning would "Vindicate" Mike Brown on this issue in a way by actually working. He becomes an instant "Rock Star" to boot with a Super bowl win.

Still take it ?

How is this a "thug team"? Seriously. Pacman is the only current repeat offender while wearing stripes. Who else? Burfict gets counted by the media but is clean as a whistle off the field.

This team is mostly quiet and humble guys. Dalton, Green, Gio, LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Atkins, Dunlap, DreKirk, Iloka, Williams, etc etc. 

Every single mention of the Bengals as "thugs" will include Pacman, Burfict, and now Mixon. That's literally it, and Burfict shouldn't be mentioned. Maybe not even Mixon because he's done nothing wrong as a Bengal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
After living through the '90's and seeing the ass-whuppin's the Bengals received, I have no issue with them being a thug team if they won a Super Bowl.

(And why is SunsetBengal banned?)
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 11:24 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: After living through the '90's and seeing the ass-whuppin's the Bengals received, I have no issue with them being a thug team if they won a Super Bowl.

(And why is SunsetBengal banned?)

Can't make that info public, but lets just say the boards were crazy at draft time.

I can let you know that the "ban" is very temporary. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 11:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How is this a "thug team"? Seriously. Pacman is the only current repeat offender while wearing stripes. Who else? Burfict gets counted by the media but is clean as a whistle off the field.

This team is mostly quiet and humble guys. Dalton, Green, Gio, LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Atkins, Dunlap, DreKirk, Iloka, Williams, etc etc. 

Every single mention of the Bengals as "thugs" will include Pacman, Burfict, and now Mixon. That's literally it, and Burfict shouldn't be mentioned. Maybe not even Mixon because he's done nothing wrong as a Bengal.

The Media added Jeremy Hill's face to the lineup with Pac Man & Burfict on ESPN I think it was for some issues he had while in College. That surprised me since Jeremy has been a good guy since.

I get your point that most of the players are solid guys.

The Bengals had, however, had a few good years before Pac Man & Burfict's Playoff game meltdown where the Team image had been improving. Chad & TO were gone (more malcontents than Thugs) and the team had seemed to have turned over a new leaf for a stretch.

Mike Brown did have a chance to avoid the brunt of this by taking say Dalvin Cook instead, yet chose not to.
Cook has his own issues but no Mike Tyson style Video tape. Much less of a Hot potato.

It has been a Media Firestorm ever since whether Fair or Not and the word Thug & Thugs is what many of these Media types keep tossing around on ESPN, Fox, NFL Network, Radio etc. The NFL & NFL Network has become very Politically Correct of late, as has ESPN, so I don't see them letting go of this Bone any time soon. 

As you point out, a lot of Good guys on this team have to deal with this image and distraction.

At age 81, Mike Brown may be "All In" on this team image for the rest of his life.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:28 AM)depthchart Wrote: The Media added Jeremy Hill's face to the lineup with Pac Man & Burfict on ESPN I think it was for some issues he had while in College. That surprised me since Jeremy has been a good guy since.

I get your point that most of the players are solid guys.

The Bengals had, however, had a few good years before Pac Man & Burfict's Playoff game meltdown where the Team image had been improving. Chad & TO were gone (more malcontents than Thugs) and the team had seemed to have turned over a new leaf for a stretch.

Mike Brown did have a chance to avoid the brunt of this by taking say Dalvin Cook instead, yet chose not to.
Cook has his own issues but no Mike Tyson style Video tape. Much less of a Hot potato.

It has been a Media Firestorm ever since whether Fair or Not and the word Thug & Thugs is what many of these Media types keep tossing around on ESPN, Fox, NFL Network, Radio etc. The NFL & NFL Network has become very Politically Correct of late, as has ESPN, so I don't see them letting go of this Bone any time soon. 

As you point out, a lot of Good guys on this team have to deal with this image and distraction.

At age 81, Mike Brown may be "All In" on this team image for the rest of his life.

Well that's the first time I've seen/heard about any other player being mentioned outside of Pacman/Burfict. It seems the media can't decide what makes the Bengals "thugs". Is it that they take chances on players with questionable pasts? They use this as evidence, but it really shouldn't be held against them unless it backfires, and it hasn't backfired very often. Plus every team does this. Some as often as the Bengals...including the beloved Cowboys.

Is it that the Bengals have tons of arrests? Well, they don't. Not since 2006.

Is it that they're a dirty team? Well, they're not and we all know this.

I just think it's a narrative that was earned in 2006 and hasn't gone away since. Having perhaps the highest profile thug in the NFL on our team (Pacman) certainly doesn't help. He seems to be defining our team since the playoff meltdown.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 09:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well that's the first time I've seen/heard about any other player being mentioned outside of Pacman/Burfict. It seems the media can't decide what makes the Bengals "thugs". Is it that they take chances on players with questionable pasts? They use this as evidence, but it really shouldn't be held against them unless it backfires, and it hasn't backfired very often. Plus every team does this. Some as often as the Bengals...including the beloved Cowboys.

Is it that the Bengals have tons of arrests? Well, they don't. Not since 2006.

Is it that they're a dirty team? Well, they're not and we all know this.

I just think it's a narrative that was earned in 2006 and hasn't gone away since. Having perhaps the highest profile thug in the NFL on our team (Pacman) certainly doesn't help. He seems to be defining our team since the playoff meltdown.

I still think that Pac Man is the Poster Child here as you seem to imply.

Cutting Pac Man now would take a lot of Air out of this Mixon issue and change the equation.

Mike Brown would look much Wiser for doing it and Mixon would instantly have a better Locker room to go into.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 11:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How is this a "thug team"? Seriously. Pacman is the only current repeat offender while wearing stripes. Who else? Burfict gets counted by the media but is clean as a whistle off the field.

It really is a case of '1 bad apple ruins the bunch.' Perception being reality with the media.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 11:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Can't make that info public, but lets just say the boards were crazy at draft time.

I can let you know that the "ban" is very temporary. 

No problem.

I know that I caused an issue or two at draft time. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 10:00 AM)depthchart Wrote: I still think that Pac Man is the Poster Child here as you seem to imply.

Cutting Pac Man now would take a lot of Air out of this Mixon issue and change the equation.

Mike Brown would look much Wiser for doing it and Mixon would instantly have a better Locker room to go into.

Yup. Pacman has the worst reputation in the NFL and he's the only player on the team that matches the reputation the Bengals have.

Cut him and I doubt the media stops their crusade against the Bengals, but it certainly can't hurt. It'd be good for the team to show accountability anyway.

Set an example for players like Mixon that says "we give you guys chances, but don't f it up".
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 10:51 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. Pacman has the worst reputation in the NFL and he's the only player on the team that matches the reputation the Bengals have.

Cut him and I doubt the media stops their crusade against the Bengals, but it certainly can't hurt. It'd be good for the team to show accountability anyway.

Set an example for players like Mixon that says "we give you guys chances, but don't f it up".

It's not just Pacman. Or Mixon. Or drafting Burfict.

It's signing Benson with all his issues. Drafting Henry. Waiving and re-signing him. Bringing Tank Johnson in.

While the current Bengals get pointed to...it's more a lifetime achievement award for the Bengals that they're considered a team of thugs.
Reply/Quote
If my Packers don't win it I hope the Bengals do. Tired of New England that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 11:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's not just Pacman. Or Mixon. Or drafting Burfict.

It's signing Benson with all his issues. Drafting Henry. Waiving and re-signing him. Bringing Tank Johnson in.

While the current Bengals get pointed to...it's more a lifetime achievement award for the Bengals that they're considered a team of thugs.

We had Benson for a year in GB. He was at the end of his career though. How did you like him as a Bengal?
Reply/Quote