Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade pick 5 if it meant losing your guy
I'm thinking of the scenario where QB goes 123 and then Atlanta takes Pitts. Sewell and Chase are both on the board and either Detroit wants to move up from 7 to get they're Wr or Denver wants to come up from 9 to get a QB.  

I think this affects the Chase guys more because he's likely the one to be gone or you could just take next available OT if sewell is gone. But is an extra day 2 pick worth giving up on Chase/Sewell.

The other question I have is how far you'd trade back and what suprise pick would you make if we found ourselves in the pick 20 range? We all know how deep this draft is at OL and I think its deeper than people want to admit at WR. I think we find ourselves in a truly unique situation with potentially 4 QBs going off the board in order, the top wide receivers and top Tackles taking up most of the top 10 - 15 picks. Plus with depth at linebacker they're could be some guys in the mid to late 1st rd that wouldn't be there in any other year. We could take the kind of game changing linebacker that are hard to come all while stock piling day 2 picks. Even if we managed just an extra 2nd and 3rd pick. That would give us 2 OL,DE and WR. So would you do it and what player would you target.

I'd go Zaven Collins LB Tulsa. He looks like a game changer. His highlights just make me think Burfict but with out all BS. Plus he has a knack for getting after the Quarterback.
Reply/Quote
Depending on what the deal is I would have no problem giving up the #5 pick. The most logical solution is to trade the pick.

Who would I draft at 20 or in the 20s well it would be between Jaelean Phillips, Terrace Marshall, or Alex Leatherwood.

My first choice would be Phillips- He is a top 5 talent but he has ? Medicals with dealing with concussions.

Marshall- Normal years he is a #1 WR in a draft this year people have him as the 6th or 7th WR. He has the speed, size, and he has the Burrow connection as well.

Leatherwood- Plug & play RG who can move to RT in the future. Has the size and Athletic ability of an Elite tackle prospect.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Depends on the offer and how far down. I would slide down to 8 because I know I can still get Chase, Pitts or Sewell.

I wouldn't go any further than that,

Also - I really have 4 guys that I would take in the top 10:

Pitts
Sewell
Chase
Devonta
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 02:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Depends on the offer and how far down.  I would slide down to 8 because I know I can still get Chase, Pitts or Sewell.

I wouldn't go any further than that,

Also - I really have 4 guys that I would take in the top 10:

Pitts
Sewell
Chase
Devonta
Devonta is a guy I really like too. I understand the slight frame concern but I don't think it will be an issue.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 02:47 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Devonta is a guy I really like too. I understand the slight frame concern but I don't think it will be an issue.

Honestly, that's why I can't buy into the generational takes with Chase.  Because I view Smith as just as good of a player.  I've never seen a guy dominate a big time game like he did in the NC.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 03:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Honestly, that's why I can't buy into the generational takes with Chase.  Because I view Smith as just as good of a player.  I've never seen a guy dominate a big time game like he did in the NC.

Even more impressive what he did when you think about how they didn't have Waddle. I also have alot of respect for Ryan Day and to think they had to know they had to try and take him out of the game but he still dominated. I like Chase more because of the Burrow connection and how special he is at the catch point I think he might have a slightly higher floor. I'm a draft a tackle first guy. But it definitely speaks to the level of talent in these 4 receiving threats if Devonta is considered last among them.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 03:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Honestly, that's why I can't buy into the generational takes with Chase.  Because I view Smith as just as good of a player.  I've never seen a guy dominate a big time game like he did in the NC.

I was actually just thinking about Smith as just as good of a pick as Chase this morning but then thought "what if Burrow really wants Chase and wasn't just saying that because his friend wanted him to so he could be drafted a few spots higher and make more money?"

Do we really want to upset our franchise quarterback or his Burrow so mature that he wouldn't care?  Is he so young that it's impossible to take emotion out of it and it would always be in the back of his head?

That's not a knock against Burrow, it's just something that happens subconsciously.  

I'd do it in a heartbeat if we can their first round and then maybe one or two more in the second or third because there's a few positions early that we could really use.

In my newest mock, I just took defense end out of my third round pick and took Freiermuth, but we need d-line help, so I'd love to get both because, for the reasons I list in the mock, I think Freiermuth would make our offense unstoppable with a guy like Chase or Smith, along with Mixon keeping defenses honest.
Reply/Quote
I think Burrow would be disappointed if we went WR and we passed on Chase. I don't think he would have an issue if we drafted Sewell.

Quite honestly, if we draft at 5 and go Waddle or Smith I would be disappointed.
Reply/Quote
I’d go back to 7 and roll the dice, Detroit says they have explored going up and back. If they want to come to 5 for their guy I’d go to 7 and see what’s there. If everyone is gone I slide back again take best OL then come up from our 2nd rounder back into the 1st for a WR potentially or maybe a pass rusher.

Theoretically, if you go back to 7 and Pitts/Chase/Sewell are all gone it means that there is still a QB there which means NE at 15 is in play to come up and you could get a good haul and still get a really good offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 07:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’d go back to 7 and roll the dice, Detroit says they have explored going up and back. If they want to come to 5 for their guy I’d go to 7 and see what’s there. If everyone is gone I slide back again take best OL then come up from our 2nd rounder back into the 1st for a WR potentially or maybe a pass rusher.

Theoretically, if you go back to 7 and Pitts/Chase/Sewell are all gone it means that there is still a QB there which means NE at 15 is in play to come up and you could get a good haul and still get a really good offensive lineman.
I'd go back to but I'm more Sewell or really any of the 3 OT. But I'll be stoked if we get Chase but I think if Detroit moves up it's probably for Chase but it could be one of the Alabama guy's. I just hope the Bengals get a little creative and find a way to pick up an extra 3rd rounder. As long as our 1st 4 picks are 2 OL, DE and WR in no paticular order this draft would be a huge success. An extra 3rd gives you the opportunity to take a player you didn't expect to be there. Maybe a Zaven Collins in the 2nd or TE in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 07:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’d go back to 7 and roll the dice, Detroit says they have explored going up and back. If they want to come to 5 for their guy I’d go to 7 and see what’s there. If everyone is gone I slide back again take best OL then come up from our 2nd rounder back into the 1st for a WR potentially or maybe a pass rusher.

For some reason I didn't read your 2nd paragraph. But that would be my perfect draft scenario. Still a ton of talent available at 15 but with 2 trade backs you probably pick up 3 extra day 2 picks. Wouldn't happen because Duke Tobin said he doesn't want to trade out of range of those top guys. Which I agree Pitts, Chase and Sewell or OT should all be good although Pitts scares me atleast for our luck with TE's. With all the QB's going it's really gonna push some talent down the draft that might not be there in a normal year. Plus all those day 2 picks could put us on the fast track to competing for the division.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 11:24 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm thinking of the scenario where QB goes 123 and then Atlanta takes Pitts. Sewell and Chase are both on the board and either Detroit wants to move up from 7 to get they're Wr or Denver wants to come up from 9 to get a QB.  

I think this affects the Chase guys more because he's likely the one to be gone or you could just take next available OT if sewell is gone. But is an extra day 2 pick worth giving up on Chase/Sewell.

The other question I have is how far you'd trade back and what suprise pick would you make if we found ourselves in the pick 20 range? We all know how deep this draft is at OL and I think its deeper than people want to admit at WR. I think we find ourselves in a truly unique situation with potentially 4 QBs going off the board in order, the top wide receivers and top Tackles taking up most of the top 10 - 15 picks. Plus with depth at linebacker they're could be some guys in the mid to late 1st rd that wouldn't be there in any other year. We could take the kind of game changing linebacker that are hard to come all while stock piling day 2 picks. Even if we managed just an extra 2nd and 3rd pick. That would give us 2 OL,DE and WR. So would you do it and what player would you target.

I'd go Zaven Collins LB Tulsa. He looks like a game changer. His highlights just make me think Burfict but with out all BS. Plus he has a knack for getting after the Quarterback.
I predict Collins a Raven after day 1
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 08:10 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I predict Collins a Raven after day 1

I was just thinking that earlier. I feel like they must have a couple players in mind and or positions as to why they made that trade. But maybe thats obvious. I know the Browns are reported to have interest in him although I think they may be looking at DT if the Alabama guy is there.
Reply/Quote
I would trade back for Darrisaw or even Slater, but I would want a 2nd and either 3rd or 4th round picks to do it and nothing less. And if that were to happen, and a guy like Zaven Collins was siting there at 38, there would be very serious consideration to draft him, and then Dyami Brown in the 2nd. We can get a guy like Kendrick Green in the 3rd and could still have an extra pick and the rest of the draft to fill out needs.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 08:55 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I would trade back for Darrisaw or even Slater, but I would want a 2nd and either 3rd or 4th round picks to do it and nothing less. And if that were to happen, and a guy like Zaven Collins was siting there at 38, there would be very serious consideration to draft him, and then Dyami Brown in the 2nd. We can get a guy like Kendrick Green in the 3rd and could still have an extra pick and the rest of the draft to fill out needs.
I've tried not to think about trading back because I don't know how realistic it is but just look at the results. It's hard to imagine a Bengal fan being upset with that haul. I'd assume to get that kind of draft capital in results you'd have to trade back to the New Englandish range 15 or so and potentially risk missing out on a top tackle but even if you get the USC guy vera-tucker? who actually played tackle so I would think would have some emergency use at tackle capabilities( I mean Boling did it and from I could tell was pretty good at LT) and if Zaven Collins isn't there at 38 one of DE should be available. That would still be an amazing draft to that point with Dyami brown and Kendrick Greene.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, as good as I think Chase, Pitts, and Sewell are, the odds are that trading down and accumulating more picks is the way to go. The more shots you get at drafting guys, the better your chances are that more of them pan out.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 02:47 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Devonta is a guy I really like too. I understand the slight frame concern but I don't think it will be an issue.

At what point are we gonna stope with love afair for small guys in big mans game. DeVonta is one hit away in the nfl from being hurt. It isn’t gonna be like at Alabama when he goes over the middle in This league
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 10:16 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Honestly, as good as I think Chase, Pitts, and Sewell are, the odds are that trading down and accumulating more picks is the way to go. The more shots you get at drafting guys, the better your chances are that more of them pan out.

100%
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 10:54 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: At what point are we gonna stope with love afair for small guys in big mans game.  DeVonta is one hit away in the nfl from being hurt.  It isn’t gonna be like at Alabama when he goes over the middle in This league

The NFL is protecting receivers. I know he could still takes some hits but it's certainly not as big of an issue as it used to be. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 11:24 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm thinking of the scenario where QB goes 123 and then Atlanta takes Pitts. Sewell and Chase are both on the board and either Detroit wants to move up from 7 to get they're Wr or Denver wants to come up from 9 to get a QB.  

depends on what we are getting to move back.. Who my guy might not be their guy they might still get the guy they want moving back a few spots depending on why other teams are moving up.

People need to stop acting like Sewell or Chase are the only options.. lol
Reply/Quote