Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you want....
Honestly don't think that AJ as starter would lead to a 4 win season. I will, with full confidence, predict it would be at least an 8 win season. Optimistically a 10 win season, and at least 1 playoff win.
I also think this is a very likely scenario with Dalton too. Or t least it should be, but i guess that's why were having this discussion.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 10:50 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: Honestly don't think that AJ as starter would lead to a 4 win season.  I will, with full confidence, predict it would be at least an 8 win season.  Optimistically a 10 win season, and at least 1 playoff win.
I also think this is a very likely scenario with Dalton too.  Or t least it should be, but i guess that's why were having this discussion.

Exactly.  Too much talent here to be a 4 win team.  Hell, Josh Johnson could lead us to more than 4 wins.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Nah.

Dalton is a good QB.

McCarron is a good back up, but I think he's a year away from starting.

Dalton could possibly get us back to the first round of the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 10:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Why would anyone want to go 4-12? 

Nostalgia for the 1990s.
Reply/Quote
Got news for you - if we go 4-12, the first round pick would be a QB.

So no, I would not.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 07:27 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Yes..  I despise Andy Dalton that much...  I would rather miss the playoffs and not be heartbroken to get to the playoffs..  and only fail for a 5th time... with Andy. 

i'd rather andy lead us to the playoffs again so some team like the steelers or ravens can sit home broken hearted before the playoffs even start.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 10:25 PM)Benton Wrote: It's been a long day, but I'm not really getting the point of the thread.

Why would anyone want to go 4-12? To get a higher draft pick? To prove the "Dalton is great" people right? If 4-12 going to make AJ somehow a better quarterback (because at this point he's not looking too good).

To weed out the dingbats (they know who they are) who are basically just McCarron fans or idiots who just want to get rid of Andy at all costs. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 09:48 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Because all 4 of the previous playoff losses were Andy's fault!  This is quite possibly the most stupid reply to one of the most stupid posts I've ever read.

Posters like you make Jungle Noise so fun taking everything so literal...  I love it!!!!!!  Please note see my post about drinking my own piss cause the thread was so stupid!!  And then I just embellished the idea that nobody who is a Bengal Fan would even 
remotely think this is a better situation losing due having a qb that some want....  If you read any of my post as I stated I would take Donald Trump as QB if we make it to the play offs... again.. you would find it little bit more funny than taking one line out of context........   next time I will put the little sign for you SARCASM..  Have a good day..  Daddy-O!!  If someone post yes I would rather lose than have Andy Dalton as QB then perhaps we should kick them out of Cincinnati...  lol.. do you live in Cincinnati? 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i'd rather andy lead us to the playoffs again so some team like the steelers or ravens can sit home broken hearted before the playoffs even start.

Yes without a doubt............  That was a sarcastic statement poking fun of a thread that is Hilarious and Fun!!  I just forget the Sarcasm sign...  See my post about drinking my own piss............. LOL.. laterzzzzzzzz XenoMorph!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 10:25 PM)Benton Wrote: It's been a long day, but I'm not really getting the point of the thread.

Why would anyone want to go 4-12? To get a higher draft pick? To prove the "Dalton is great" people right? If 4-12 going to make AJ somehow a better quarterback (because at this point he's not looking too good).

I think the point of the thread is that it is a litmus test for some of the out spoken AJ Mc supporters, to see if they'd like to have him over AD at any cost.  This was probably a post directed at 2-4 avid AJ supporters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 02:32 PM)Stewy Wrote: I think the point of the thread is that it is a litmus test for some of the out spoken AJ Mc supporters, to see if they'd like to have him over AD at any cost.  This was probably a post directed at 2-4 avid AJ supporters.

Notably the ones who are clearly avoiding this thread but post in AJ threads exclusively 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 02:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Notably the ones who are clearly avoiding this thread but post in AJ threads exclusively 

so you want me to say yes?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 02:34 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: so you want me to say yes?

Hey look I didn't even have to say his name and he knew!

It's okay, you can...we all know you do. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 02:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hey look I didn't even have to say his name and he knew!

It's okay, you can...we all know you do. 

I said in my long expose on the guy that it would be dumb to start him too soon. That being said I'd say hes a little ahead of schedule in become a future star.

Still I'll pass on 4-12
Reply/Quote
I frankly don't care Andy or AJ I want to win... but simple thing for me is Andy has done ok not that great not that bad... but with this talent we should have won a playoff game... Not saying it is his fault but there are a lot of QB's I would take over Andy in a second but as long has he is in our uniform he has my support but so does AJ... if AJ shows any improvement over Andy put him in... not supporting one or the other just because, but cause I want US as FAN base to win.. We deserve it.. and Cincinnati deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't want Aaron Rodgers on the team if it meant us going 4-12, so why would I want McCarron starting if that's the outcome?

The only way I'd agree to willingly endure another 4-12 season would be if you told me that it meant we could be guaranteed to contend for a title the next season (winning at least 1 playoff game and looking like they can hang with the best in the league). Even then, I'd have to at least think about it and it wouldn't be a slam dunk answer.

Losing seasons suck.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 02:54 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I wouldn't want Aaron Rodgers on the team if it meant us going 4-12, so why would I want McCarron starting if that's the outcome?

The only way I'd agree to willingly endure another 4-12 season would be if you told me that it meant we could be guaranteed to contend for a title the next season (winning at least 1 playoff game and looking like they can hang with the best in the league). Even then, I'd have to at least think about it and it wouldn't be a slam dunk answer.

Losing seasons suck.

Didnt we have like a 4-12 season in 2010 that was brutal.. I remember watching Owens while at the game just give up on the play and I was like man... this is the worst feeling ever..  Yes that sucked...!!!
Reply/Quote
[Image: andy-dalton-turnover-meme1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 02:37 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: I said in my long expose on the guy that it would be dumb to start him too soon. That being said I'd say hes a little ahead of schedule in become a future star.

Still I'll pass on 4-12

1 preseason game is ahead of schedule. aye-aye cap'n
Reply/Quote
Yes all in for Boesa!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote