Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you want....
4-12 means a high draft pick....do we then get Cardale Jones and win the Super Bowl the following year? We are just throwing out random and ridiculous comments, right?
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 03:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 1 preseason game is ahead of schedule. aye-aye cap'n

I say he's ahead of schedule because he got in with the 1s in the preseason tune up. Even the announcers for the game were saying that its a different story when he's playing well with the first team vs a guy who is just playing well with 2s on 2s.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 02:32 PM)Stewy Wrote: I think the point of the thread is that it is a litmus test for some of the out spoken AJ Mc supporters, to see if they'd like to have him over AD at any cost.  This was probably a post directed at 2-4 avid AJ supporters.

(09-01-2015, 02:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Notably the ones who are clearly avoiding this thread but post in AJ threads exclusively 

Only took 30 replies before someone got it.

But I say the same thing as Marlon. I don't care who....as long as we win.

But I think some are too quick to think Dalton is at fault, as well as some who are too quick to think McCarron is the answer. If McCarron gets his shot and plays better than Andy, then I would have no problem with him playing.

But usually, rookies can look good in flashes, but cost you games as they learn. Thus the hypothetical start AJ from the beginning if it cost us a 4-12 season.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 06:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: Only took 30 replies before someone got it.

But I say the same thing as Marlon. I don't care who....as long as we win.

But I think some are too quick to think Dalton is at fault, as well as some who are too quick to think McCarron is the answer. If McCarron gets his shot and plays better than Andy, then I would have no problem with him playing.

But usually, rookies can look good in flashes, but cost you games as they learn. Thus the hypothetical start AJ from the beginning if it cost us a 4-12 season.

I think everyone saw through that. I don't want a losing season tho just because I believe in McCrackin. So I avoided the "bait" as best I could. But the inner Hodgie E. Smodgie in me says #letsgetcrackin

And I do post on other topics sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 06:24 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: I say he's ahead of schedule because he got in with the 1s in the preseason tune up. Even the announcers for the game were saying that its a different story when he's playing well with the first team vs a guy who is just playing well with 2s on 2s.

Because Dalton got hurt. 
He didn't exactly "play his way in"

The Bears defense is terrible. 
He faced almost 0 pressure with the top OL...because the defense is terrible. 

He didn't light up the 01 Ravens. 

Munoz, while the best to play his position and the best Bengal ever, is a terrible announcer. Johnasson is also bad. Grating to listen to them. At least Lap has emotion on his side. You could fall asleep during the apocalypse if Munoz was giving commentary on it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 07:09 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: I think everyone saw through that. I don't want a losing season tho just because I believe in McCrackin. So I avoided the "bait" as best I could. But the inner Hodgie E. Smodgie in me says #letsgetcrackin

And I do post on other topics sometimes.

A quick review says....of all your posts ~ 10/72 come on topics not about McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: A quick review says....of all your posts ~ 10/72 come on topics not about McCarron.

It's because I constantly defend my statements about AJM, while everyone mostly agrees with the other shit I say.

But seriously, How can you say he wasn't pressured tho. He was definitely pressured in both halfs and basically under duress the second half. He still mostly took advantage of the rush with more than a few screens and quick throws. Also aside from his first pass of the game which he admitted was late coming out, his passes were great all night.

PFF, coaches, announcers, article writers, ect. a lot of people agree he looked great, even a notch above Andy's performance. You're really reaching for reasons to downplay it and you know it.
Reply/Quote
I see what you went for Beaker, but the obvious and only answer should be no. AJ may be a solid backup this year, Andy has stayed amazingly healthy to date.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 05:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: Would you want AJ McCarron to replace Andy Dalton as the Bengals starting QB right now if it meant the Bengals would go 4-12 this season?

This is arguably the worst thread in the history of western civilization. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 05:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: Would you want AJ McCarron to replace Andy Dalton as the Bengals starting QB right now if it meant the Bengals would go 4-12 this season?

McCarron has already shown he's not that far behind Dalton, so if we go 4-12 with McCarron what's that say about Dalton? 5-11?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: McCarron has already shown he's not that far behind Dalton, so if we go 4-12 with McCarron what's that say about Dalton? 5-11?

I am the biggest Dalton critic on this message forum but how and the heck do we know that McCarron isn't that far behind Dalton. For how bad Dalton is, he's a serviceable average to below average starting NFL QB. Macaroni for all we know could be a complete and utter bum.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:59 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I am the biggest Dalton critic on this message forum but how and the heck do we know that McCarron isn't that far behind Dalton. For how bad Dalton is, he's a serviceable average to below average starting NFL QB. Macaroni for all we know could be a complete and utter bum.

McCarron has showed that he can command the offense, is good at avoiding the rush, doesn't get flustered when there's pressure and makes decent decisions. You can see it in how he plays. The sample size is tiny, though.

That makes him not far behind Dalton in my book. When Dalton gets flustered, and we've all seen it, our chances of winning basically die right there.

There will be more Cleveland games, games that could easily go the other way if the QB kept his head in the game. Not saying McCarron is that guy though. We'll have to wait and see.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:59 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I am the biggest Dalton critic on this message forum but how and the heck do we know that McCarron isn't that far behind Dalton. For how bad Dalton is, he's a serviceable average to below average starting NFL QB. Macaroni for all we know could be a complete and utter bum.

Major flaw in your statement.  Complete and utter bums play like complete and utter bums and you see it immediately. 

Now the picture is clear.  You don't just hate on Andy.  It's Bengal QB's in general you hate. 

Macaroni?  Did you type that on your Sponge Bob phone at recess?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
One preseason game and suddenly the 5th rounder has been crowned the super bowl mvp.. That's what's referred to as a blind faith true believer. Heck, why not just trade the entire team for the decendants of Red Granger?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 12:31 AM)McC Wrote: Major flaw in your statement.  Complete and utter bums play like complete and utter bums and you see it immediately. 

Now the picture is clear.  You don't just hate on Andy.  It's Bengal QB's in general you hate. 

Macaroni?  Did you type that on your Sponge Bob phone at recess?

We haven't seen him take a single snap in the regular season so we haven't seen anything. He could go out there and play like a complete and utter bum when the bullets are really flying, not against 3rd string players in games that are completely meaningless.

The picture isn't clear at all as you say because your analysis is a complete joke. I would love for McCarron to be the QB of the future, if he can play better than Dalton. I'm just not buying into the hype until I see him go out there and produce in the regular season.

Last but not least if you think that McCarron is right behind Dalton then most of you think very low of Andy Dalton. Much lower than even a guy like me.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 01:07 AM)grampahol Wrote: One preseason game and suddenly the 5th rounder has been crowned the super bowl mvp.. That's what's referred to as a blind faith true believer.  Heck, why not just trade the entire team for the decendants of Red Granger?

I know, it's completely ridiculous. This message forum can be so irritating at times. Where are the rational people out there??
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 01:07 AM)grampahol Wrote: One preseason game and suddenly the 5th rounder has been crowned the super bowl mvp.. That's what's referred to as a blind faith true believer.  Heck, why not just trade the entire team for the decendants of Red Granger?

This is complete bullshit.  NO ONE said any such thing.  Way to just make shit up.  And your last sentence really tops off the stupidity.  So you came in stupid and went out stupider.  Congats. Also, it's two preseason games, so you can't even count either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 03:54 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: We haven't seen him take a single snap in the regular season so we haven't seen anything. He could go out there and play like a complete and utter bum when the bullets are really flying, not against 3rd string players in games that are completely meaningless.

The picture isn't clear at all as you say because your analysis is a complete joke. I would love for McCarron to be the QB of the future, if he can play better than Dalton. I'm just not buying into the hype until I see him go out there and produce in the regular season.

Last but not least if you think that McCarron is right behind Dalton then most of you think very low of Andy Dalton. Much lower than even a guy like me.

He played with the 1's against the 1's.  Apparently, you missed that.  Where did I say he was right behind Dalton?  Oh, right.  You just made that up.  

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 07:08 AM)McC Wrote: This is complete bullshit.  NO ONE said any such thing.  Way to just make shit up.  And your last sentence really tops off the stupidity.  So you came in stupid and went out stupider.  Congats. Also, it's two preseason games, so you can't even count either.

Oh..you're of course right. How silly of me. We SHOULD replace the guy who's won 40 games in 4 years and gotten us to the playoffs every time with the guy who's played in 2 preseason games. How couldn't I have seen the wisdom of it all along?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 11:01 AM)grampahol Wrote: Oh..you're of course right. How silly of me. We SHOULD replace the guy who's won 40 games in 4 years and gotten us to the playoffs every time with the guy who's played in 2 preseason games. How couldn't I have seen the wisdom of it all along?

Where did anybody say replace him?  Quit making shit up.

Reply/Quote