Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow you are going to love this from Joey B
Great to hear from Joey Franchise. The unsolicited praise for ZT and the FO is fantastic. I do not think it is just hot air for two reasons:

1) Other players hear it. When the star QB is 100% praising the coach & the FO, it helps our reputation. It mighthelp us land some FAs. Especially for an organization whose reputation isn't exactly sterling around the league.

2) I am not a contract/cap wizard, but that desire could help us. If he is willing to sign a longer contract (whatever the max is), I believe we can lock in a lower salary in future years (as opposed to two shorter contracts) AND structure the bonus to lessen the cap hit (more years). And that is not considering the possibility of him taking a lower number.
Reply/Quote
It's good leadership by Joe too and ties in to culture.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 09:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I mean cool and all but there is nothing else he or anyone with half a brain would say.

Lamar sure as hell ain't saying it.
Reply/Quote
Lawrence led the Jags back!

Herbert and the Chargers out in the 1st Round. And to think Burrow vs Herbert was a debate on here.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:28 AM)samhain Wrote: Lamar sure as hell ain't saying it.

I think Lamar is the problem in that pairing. The Ravens have to run some crazy college offense because he can't throw. 
Reply/Quote
What a meltdown by the chargers...
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There were some warning signs his last year at Clemson.

My theory is he's not an elite processor like Burrow. Like his brain just doesn't read the defense and know where to throw at an elite level.

My son is 10.  Started taking him to games last season.  He's been to 9 and he's never seen them lose.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:33 AM)samhain Wrote: My son is 10.  Started taking him to games last season.  He's been to 9 and he's never seen them lose.  

Awesome!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lawrence led the Jags back!

Herbert and the Chargers out in the 1st Round. And to think Burrow vs Herbert was a debate on here.

For all the criticism of Lawrence in this thread, after his horrific first half, he looked terrific in the second half. He throws a beautiful spiral, lots of arm strength, and showed leadership in overcoming the bad first half and leading his team to victory. This game looked dead at 27-0 and then Lawrence got on fire. Of course, Bosa losing his temper a couple of time and drawing critical penalties didn't help the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
Hey, maybe this Lawrence guy has some talent afterall
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's not Burrow, never will be.

And I don't think he's awful, but I said from day one (not searching for the post now) that he will have a middling-above average career.

I don't forsee him EVER being as bad as last year.

ANd I call him the woman because he looks like one :lol: all the way down to the cheekbones.

[Image: c862cfd7354dfa9783c7277b2e97a56b29b069dc...a981_1.jpg]

:lol:

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 09:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: LOVE that he gave credit to the front office with drafting, free agency, and claiming guys off waivers!

The fact that he loves Zac so much and thinks so highly of him is so incredible!

Can't wait to see how much the front office does in the offseason to improve the team!

I'm just pumped for tomorrow right now!

The front office certainly make us look forward to the offseason, all the moves made lately just seem correct!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Its great that Burrow said that, but I recall AJ Green saying the same thing. Situations can change and anything can happen. What's most important right now is that the Bengals are on fire, and he's a big part of the reason why. I predict he'll at least be with the Bengals for a good long time.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 10:07 AM)Emphasis Wrote: Its great that Burrow said that, but I recall AJ Green saying the same thing. Situations can change and anything can happen. What's most important right now is that the Bengals are on fire, and he's a big part of the reason why. I predict he'll at least be with the Bengals for a good long time.

What to take away from it? It was unprompted. It was genuine. It showed he wants to stay here. It shows that he and Zac have a strong relationship. That can’t hurt. It shows he has confidence in the staff. He mentioned their great game planning. He said Zac was the best coach in the NFL. It’s not as much what he said but that he said it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 10:07 AM)Emphasis Wrote: Its great that Burrow said that, but I recall AJ Green saying the same thing. Situations can change and anything can happen. What's most important right now is that the Bengals are on fire, and he's a big part of the reason why. I predict he'll at least be with the Bengals for a good long time.
I don't think AJ Green EVER said he hopes Zac stays here his whole career.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:36 AM)Nepa Wrote: For all the criticism of Lawrence in this thread, after his horrific first half, he looked terrific in the second half. He throws a beautiful spiral, lots of arm strength, and showed leadership in overcoming the bad first half and leading his team to victory. This game looked dead at 27-0 and then Lawrence got on fire. Of course, Bosa losing his temper a couple of time and drawing critical penalties didn't help the Chargers.

Bosa should have maintained his composure but he was getting mauled, it is shocking how different playoff refs are than regular season refs.  I imagine the Ravens will be mugging Hendrickson tonight and getting away with it.  

Back to Lawrence, he can throw a beautiful pass and will just get better.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:28 AM)samhain Wrote: Lamar sure as hell ain't saying it.

Nor Rodgers.  Nor Brady. 

And they don't have much career left. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I feel like you've nailed it here. I had more faith in Zac than the average member here, but I certainly won't pretend I had the faith that Sled had.

When I look at our schedule, how the season started this year, I am firmly in the retain Zac camp. I said at the onset of last year, it's make or break. They made it. I think this year might be more impressive. Especially with how the team showed its depth. That depth, to me, points to coaching. 

And, with one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. More impressive this year than last.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think AJ Green EVER said he hopes Zac stays here his whole career.

Yeah this is the key point. You hear players say 'hope it works out, I wanna stay here forever'.... but how many extend that to 'I hope my coach stays here with me forever too, he's the best in the league. I also want this team to stay together for as long as possible'? Nobody does.

I also do tend to buy in to what Burrow says. I know a lot of interview talk is just platitudes and acceptable speak, but I do believe Burrow in his interviews. I do think he speaks honestly.

I definitely could see Burrow playing his whole career here. I guess the teller will be how he deals with it if the team goes back to being crap for a prolonged period at any stage in his career. I don't think he'd accept being on a losing team in his prime, but I do think he'd want to try and dig us out of that too. I think he'll spend the vast majority of his career as a Bengal at the least.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think AJ Green EVER said he hopes Zac stays here his whole career.

Me neither!
Reply/Quote