Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow you are going to love this from Joey B
(01-15-2023, 01:36 AM)Nepa Wrote: For all the criticism of Lawrence in this thread, after his horrific first half, he looked terrific in the second half. He throws a beautiful spiral, lots of arm strength, and showed leadership in overcoming the bad first half and leading his team to victory. This game looked dead at 27-0 and then Lawrence got on fire. Of course, Bosa losing his temper a couple of time and drawing critical penalties didn't help the Chargers.

Oh he's a good QB, just not elite like Burrow. And maybe with better coaching, he would be.. And they're in a weak division too which helped them this year.

The argument in this thread was that Zac is a good coach independent of Burrow. And Trevor Lawrence is the example I used. Maybe I should have used Herbert and Staley too...as my point was that QBs need good coaching to be elite. It's not just as easy as getting the #1 pick and the coach looking like a genius. Kingsbury is another example.

As much as the Jaguars win that game, the Chargers offense and defense tanked in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And many seasons will end with a playoff loss, but man when we do win a SB or 2 or 3...it will be so sweet!

As a Dodgers fan, I've experienced this.

My NHL Team spoiled me with 5 championships since I've followed them.

So umm, who did/do you follow in the NBA? Hmm
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So umm, who did/do you follow in the NBA? Hmm

The Bulls, ironically. He’s a huge Jordan fan. Close runner up would be the Celtics.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And many seasons will end with a playoff loss, but man when we do win a SB or 2 or 3...it will be so sweet!

As a Dodgers fan, I've experienced this.

My NHL Team spoiled me with 5 championships since I've followed them.

I've never been able to experience a championship in any of my favorite sports. I can't even claim titles prior to my birth. I am an Oregon Ducks fan, Bengals fan, and OKC Thunder fan. Combined, they have a record of 0 - 6 in the big game. The Bengals are the closest to winning and would provide the most emotion. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No one had a chance to draft Burrow other than us.  You can pity 31 NFL franchises for not having burrow but you can't rag on them for not having him. 

He's the only elite QB in the NFL right now or in a long time that no one let slip by. 

Exactly, one member who will be *nameless stated it did not matter who drafted first between Miami and Cincy, thus consequently the Tank Bowl between those two teams was shitty to lose and we should have won that game because we were going to get a good pick[Herbert] Hilarious The QB on vacation team because they can't hold a 27 pt. lead]  Hilarious
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So umm, who did/do you follow in the NBA? Hmm

Haha. I actually haven't watched an NBA game this year. Nor a full NHL game. Kind of lost interest.

In college basketball, I follow UCLA.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 02:03 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The Bulls, ironically. He’s a huge Jordan fan. Close runner up would be the Celtics.

I actually did like watching Jordan. Then Kobe. There are no players in the NBA that I like to watch like that. Ja is the closest.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 02:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I've never been able to experience a championship in any of my favorite sports. I can't even claim titles prior to my birth. I am an Oregon Ducks fan, Bengals fan, and OKC Thunder fan. Combined, they have a record of 0 - 6 in the big game. The Bengals are the closest to winning and would provide the most emotion. 

Hopefully we get a Bengals SB win together?

We're you a Sonics fan? Kemp and Payton were fun.

I like Miami in college too...and they've won several.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 02:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I've never been able to experience a championship in any of my favorite sports. I can't even claim titles prior to my birth. I am an Oregon Ducks fan, Bengals fan, and OKC Thunder fan. Combined, they have a record of 0 - 6 in the big game. The Bengals are the closest to winning and would provide the most emotion. 

Seattle Supersonics won the title in 1979. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 02:15 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Exactly, one member who will be *nameless stated it did not matter who drafted first between Miami and Cincy, thus consequently the Tank Bowl between those two teams was shitty to lose and we should have won that game because we were going to get a good pick[Herbert] Hilarious The QB on vacation team because they can't hold a 27 pt. lead]  Hilarious

Yep. Man drafting is tough. A lot of Steelers fans think Pickett is going to be the next Burrow.

On paper, Herbert has a bigger arm. But yeah, he isn't as good as Burrow. And the Chargers spend to improve.

It ties into the point on Taylor. These other coaches fail with top picks.

Fans generally look at a draft like Madden. Oh 3 QBs that are rated 85. All interchangeable. Drafts are totally unpredictable. As are coaching hires. Kingsbury was the hot coach after his 1st year. Now fired and they ate a lot of money. Same as Rhule.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 03:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hopefully we get a Bengals SB win together?

We're you a Sonics fan? Kemp and Payton were fun.

I like Miami in college too...and they've won several.

Loved the Sonics! After they left Seattle, I haven't watched a game. I don't even consider it a sport anymore. Just junk
Reply/Quote
I want to hear Germaine Pratt say the same thing about Lou Anarumo.
Reply/Quote
Wonder how many teams fans will be calling the Georgia QB the next Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 03:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wonder how many teams fans will be calling the Georgia QB the next Burrow?

I don't think you'll find ANYONE, outside of the biggest Georgia homers saying that.

HALF of Burrow's best college year was significantly-better than Bennett's entire best year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 03:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wonder how many teams fans will be calling the Georgia QB the next Burrow?

Literally no one. He’s already 25 years old, and <6ft. The odds of him becoming anything at the NFL are very low.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 03:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Loved the Sonics! After they left Seattle, I haven't watched a game. I don't even consider it a sport anymore. Just junk

When I was in Seattle, I saw their arena. Was cool.

Kemp was awesome!

The Pistons have been bad for quite some time. There's a 7 foot 4 French guy that is supposedly a generational talent in the draft this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 04:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one. He’s already 25 years old, and <6ft. The odds of him becoming anything at the NFL are very low.

He's the next Chros Weinke.
Reply/Quote

I think most fans think who they draft will be really good. It's a universal thing. Fans always think they draft well too.

It's like an ink blot test that let's you see what you want.
Reply/Quote
How can any fan read anything negative or even neutral on Burrow saying he wants to be in Cincy with ZT his entire career.

He could have said nothing. I am hopeful he is also inclined to want to keep his star players around him come contract time. He will be highly paid either way, the key will be will he take a little less like Brady to win championships.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're damn right.

The Woman looks horrific tonight and Pederson isn't putting him in good spots either.

I dunno... Sunshine just led the 3rd biggest comeback in playoff history. Looked alright to me after the brutal start. Guys without that it factor would've folded before halftime.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote