Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow you are going to love this from Joey B
(01-14-2023, 11:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's not Burrow, never will be.

And I don't think he's awful, but I said from day one (not searching for the post now) that he will have a middling-above average career.

I don't forsee him EVER being as bad as last year.

ANd I call him the woman because he looks like one LOL all the way down to the cheekbones.

Lol, I think he looks like someone who starred in a 90's high school drama that was going out with Katie Holmes! 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Never mind that in the last 30 NFL games only KC +2 and Buffalo +1 have more wins.

Yes. I'll call what will happen next. Expectations will be so high that if we don't win a SB a lot of people will complain.

In reality, we just need to enjoy the ride.

I'm psyched. I just had a son about 11 days ago, and he's going to see a good Bengals team for most of his childhood atleast.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: I feel like you've nailed it here. I had more faith in Zac than the average member here, but I certainly won't pretend I had the faith that Sled had.

When I look at our schedule, how the season started this year, I am firmly in the retain Zac camp. I said at the onset of last year, it's make or break. They made it. I think this year might be more impressive. Especially with how the team showed its depth. That depth, to me, points to coaching. 

Agreed. Doing it thar 2nd year was big. The nfl strives for parity, so the 1st place team gets some anchors attached in the form of lower pick and tougher schedule. We were better this year. And the front office went out and added some quality lineman. Maybe some below the radar guys too that performed well.

Really, the next question will be how they handle having Burrow highly paid and manage the cap. But, I think they'll be able to do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're damn right.

The Woman looks horrific tonight and Pederson isn't putting him in good spots either.

Precisely! And Jax spent a ton of money.

What the Bengals have going is just the confluence of a bunch of factors and is nearly impossible to replicate. It likely is a once in a lifetime thing. So enjoy the ride.
Reply/Quote

And I don't think he's awful, but I said from day one (not searching for the post now) that he will have a middling-above average career.

ANd I call him the woman because he looks like one LOL all the way down to the cheekbones.

Lmao, fair enough, but as a long time, die hard FSU fan..... I'm telling you, don't sleep on Sunshine, he's pretty damn good. He's not our Joey Brrr....but he's not a turd either. They'll be a tough out moving forward. Remember, Ridley comes into the fold next year....some good pieces on defense. This team will take over the south now that they have real coaching.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

There were some warning signs his last year at Clemson.

My theory is he's not an elite processor like Burrow. Like his brain just doesn't read the defense and know where to throw at an elite level.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. I'll call what will happen next. Expectations will be so high that if we don't win a SB a lot of people will complain.

In reality, we just need to enjoy the ride.

I'm psyched. I just had a son about 11 days ago, and he's going to see a good Bengals team for most of his childhood atleast.

Here, here! Congrats Pistons! There is nothing in this world like your children! So happy for you brother!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:51 PM)Wyche Wrote:  Lmao, fair enough, but as a long time, die hard FSU fan..... I'm telling you, don't sleep on Sunshine, he's pretty damn good. He's not our Joey Brrr....but he's not a turd either. They'll be a tough out moving forward. Remember, Ridley comes into the fold next year....some good pieces on defense. This team will take over the south now that they have real coaching.

I think they'll take over the south too.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely! And Jax spent a ton of money.

What the Bengals have going is just the confluence of a bunch of factors and is nearly impossible to replicate. It likely is a once in a lifetime thing. So enjoy the ride.

Enjoy the ride should be the mantra for our fanbase. Absolutely on point 

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here, here! Congrats Pistons! There is nothing in this world like your children! So happy for you brother!

Thanks! I'm pumped.

Interestingly, we had to be at the hospital at 10pm 2 Mondays ago which was when we Bills. The Hamlin thing happened and we had to leave like 15 mins later. Certainly memorable!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There were some warning signs his last year at Clemson.

My theory is he's not an elite processor like Burrow. Like his brain just doesn't read the defense and know where to throw at an elite level.

I agree.....but there aren't very many Joe Burrows out there.    

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Enjoy the ride should be the mantra for our fanbase. Absolutely on point 

Yep. And many seasons will end with a playoff loss, but man when we do win a SB or 2 or 3...it will be so sweet!

As a Dodgers fan, I've experienced this.

My NHL Team spoiled me with 5 championships since I've followed them.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There were some warning signs his last year at Clemson.

No one had a chance to draft Burrow other than us.  You can pity 31 NFL franchises for not having burrow but you can't rag on them for not having him. 

He's the only elite QB in the NFL right now or in a long time that no one let slip by. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.....but there aren't very many Joe Burrows out there.    

Yes. And you look at the 1st 2 games. And Mahommes struggled some early last year too. So you need that coaching for adjustments.

I think Lawrence will turn out to be good. Maybe top 8 to 10 QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No one had a chance to draft Burrow other than us.  You can pity 31 NFL franchises for not having burrow but you can't rag on them for not having him. 

He's the only elite QB in the NFL right now or in a long time that no one let slip by. 

My main point though is you need a good franchise and staff to develop guys. Lawrence might be elite now if Jax never hired Urban Meyer.

And look, Meyer had Burrow at OSU...and we know how that ended up.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My main point though is you need a good franchise and staff to develop guys. Lawrence might be elite now if Jax never hired Urban Meyer.

And look, Meyer had Burrow at OSU...and we know how that ended up.

Seems like every QB needs a good franchise except Peyton Manning and Joe Burrow.  The only can't miss franchise-saving picks I've seen.  Even Aikman needed the greatest trade in history to start his run. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.....but there aren't very many Joe Burrows out there.    

And yet people don't listen to him. He has played football for a lot of coaches. Once this contract is up he pretty much has his choice of which head coach he wants to play for. He wants to play for Zac for his whole career. THAT is the essence of the case definitive. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And yet people don't listen to him. He has played football for a lot of coaches. Once this contract is up he pretty much has his choice of which head coach he wants to play for. He wants to play for Zac for his whole career. THAT is the essence of the case definitive. 

ZT is likely going to be here longer than Burrow, and accept that. I also know Burrow is saying the right thing here.  If MB managed to trade ZT for Kyle Shanahan or  Sean Peyton I sincerely doubt Burrow gets upset. 

But again if burrow said he wanted an actual tiger to be our HC id accept it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT is likely going to be here longer than Burrow, and accept that. I also know Burrow is saying the right thing here.  If MB managed to trade ZT for Kyle Shanahan or  Sean Peyton I sincerely doubt Burrow gets upset. 

But again if burrow said he wanted an actual tiger to be our HC id accept it. 

Zac staying here works for me. What makes you think Burrow is leaving?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac staying here works for me. What makes you think Burrow is leaving?

Hes not. He's going to win multiple SBs and retire at 40 and ZT is going to be here longer than his championship QB like Bellichick, Noll, Landry etc.

Burrow has 15 or so more years, but ZT could coach another 40 years, technically.  
Reply/Quote