Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow.
(01-10-2016, 02:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. 3 runs into the line, protecting the ball with both hands, make Pitt use all 3 timeouts and even if you're out of field goal range, there are no timeouts. 

They had the game man. No one to blame but themselves.

I'm surprised you're sober enough to post. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
By unusual you mean that the Steelers find a way to bullshit their way to a win again. At no time in history has a ***** team ever got 30 yards in penalties to end a game.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:22 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yeah, as others have explained it was a legal hit and a TD.  But otherwise made things more interesting.

It actually wasnt. Helmet to helmet on a runner is still a personal foul if it isn't between the hashes. They changed the rule a year or two ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
omewhere Ndamukong Suh, is shaking HIS head at that nonsense. I'm trying to remember worse judgement at a worse moment in sports, and maybe it's because I'm flabbergasted, but I'm drawing a blank!
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:19 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: How is that any different than what Mitchell does? 

That said Congrats Steelers. I will be cheer for the Broncos next week. For obvious reasons  ThumbsUp

As far as Steelers fans are concerned they never have had a dirty player.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:12 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: That guy shouldn't even be in the league.  He's a detriment to his team and a danger to his opponents.  

No more so than a number of current and former steelers. 

Your glass house is in pieces at your feet.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:22 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Mitchell has 2 fines for hits in his career. Burfict had 8 - including leg twisting - coming into tonight. He'll get a suspension for tonight.

Well you can't go by fines.  Cough Harrison cough.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:24 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: By unusual you mean that the Steelers find a way to bullshit their way to a win again. At no time in history has a ***** team ever got 30 yards in penalties to end a game.

That's why i thank the football gods for the Bungals. I believe it was Marcus Gilbert that said he was thrilled to play the Bengals, because they always choke in the playoffs. That was an epic choke.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:23 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm surprised you're sober enough to post. Ninja

Well, in all honesty, while i am sober--regarding the ninja--i am disappointed at the usual excusing of a steeler player leading with the crown of his helmet. But i'm not going to waste any more time than this post debating it. I know Burfict and Jones (along with Hill) cost the Bengals the game. You won't find a Pitt fan that has the integrity to admit Shazier's hit should have been flagged though.

And just to reiterate, i won't bother debating it. So any excuses will be ignored. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:24 AM)treee Wrote: It actually wasnt. Helmet to helmet on a runner is still a personal foul if it isn't between the hashes. They changed the rule a year or two ago.
No one cares t acknowledge this apparently.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:27 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well you can't go by fines.  Cough Harrison cough.

Harrison had 6 coming into tonight for his career. Mitchell and Harrison together had exactly as many as Burfict and he is one guy who has been in the league for 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No more so than a number of current and former steelers. 

Your glass house is in pieces at your feet.

The same goes for any Bengal fan who calls the Steelers dirty.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:32 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The same goes for any Bengal fan who calls the Steelers dirty.  

The steelers are dirty. There's no debating that. My glass house isn't shattered because i know Burfict's hit--as well as i'll publicly admit it--was illegal and unnecessary. 

There's not a steelers fan here that has the integrity or the balls to admit any pittsburgh player's dirty hits.

Careful. That glass will cut your feet, man.

Reply/Quote
It's easy to beat a team when you have the refs in your pocket.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The steelers are dirty. There's no debating that. My glass house isn't shattered because i know Burfict's hit--as well as i'll publicly admit it--was illegal and unnecessary. 

There's not a steelers fan here that has the integrity or the balls to admit any pittsburgh player's dirty hits.

It wasn't that bad of a hit. I wish he had let up, but Steelers got away with much worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:28 AM)6andcounting Wrote: That's why i thank the football gods for the Bungals. I believe it was Marcus Gilbert that said he was thrilled to play the Bengals, because they always choke in the playoffs. That was an epic choke.

If i could negative rep this i would. And i would point out what a douche you are. 

There's no ninja on this post because it's 100% honest.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:24 AM)treee Wrote: It actually wasnt. Helmet to helmet on a runner is still a personal foul if it isn't between the hashes. They changed the rule a year or two ago.

Ummm, no.
Reply/Quote
Quote:It wasn't that bad of a hit. I wish he had let up, but Steelers got away with much worse.

It was a bad hit because the ball was clearly way overthrown and incomplete. As well, he hit him in the head, which is a 15 yard penalty--and has been for several years now--when it wasn't even remotely necessary.

He just wanted to hurt an opponent at that point. 

Selfish.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:37 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: It's easy to beat a team when you have the refs in your pocket.

Steelers had a TD taken off the board because of a blown call. Whine about that.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The steelers are dirty. There's no debating that. My glass house isn't shattered because i know Burfict's hit--as well as i'll publicly admit it--was illegal and unnecessary. 

True.  I can't recall them ever acknowleding a dirty hit.  

Reply/Quote