Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyatt Hubert coming out of retirement
(03-01-2023, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I mean teams find gems in the draft all the time late.  Some guys outperform their scouting profile and many never live up to it.

Exactly, pretty sure the 49ers are glad the spent the last pick in the draft on a QB that was viewed as a "camp body" or project. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 03:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's picks like Hubert that confuse me so much. Why do punters routinely go undrafted when they can handily win a job in training camp when players like Hubert can get injured, retire and then come back and the Bengals don't even care to retain him? Just spend the 7th round pick on the punter. that can make your roster...

Usually late round picks are guys on the tail end of your draft board or priority free agents who don't plan on signing with your team after the draft. 

Since punters aren't always in demand, it's tempting for teams to just let them go undrafted.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 03:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's picks like Hubert that confuse me so much. Why do punters routinely go undrafted when they can handily win a job in training camp when players like Hubert can get injured, retire and then come back and the Bengals don't even care to retain him? Just spend the 7th round pick on the punter. that can make your roster...

Injuries factored into all of this with Hubert, but yeah. A head scratching pick but we didn't need a Punter at the time either.
Reply/Quote