Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant before work
Received my 4 tickets the other day. Should have noticed when paying the bill or upon reception. Yet did not until today.

My seats went up $15 freaking dollars a seat making it a $135 more a seat and $540 more on the lot this season. $150 and $600 for regular seasons.

Bill seemed about normal minus the money already in pot for playoff games unplayed last season. Then I look at the actual tickets and see my price is $110 a seat. Paying more this year for 9 games instead of 10 last season.

Guess this is to make up for revenue lost going to London. BfreakingS. Even though I am sure they are compensated royally for going to London, or at least what they would have made at home.

Really after that unprofessional playoff departure ? Love the Bengals and these seats have been purchased since 1968 and since 1990 by myself.

Guess this is the plan, screw the longtime loyal customers figuring they are hemmed in and will always buy.

Probably will since they are front row behind Bengals bench. But my row has always had a deal to only bring Bengals fans.

Suspect this will change in the near future and will buy them only to make profit selling to highest bidder. Which will mostly be opponents fans and just attend 1 or 2.

This will break my heart but until they have playoff success they should not be gouging imo.

Rant over.

Sorry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Losing that home game to London irks me.

End of rant.... Back to work.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 02:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Received my 4 tickets the other day. Should have noticed when paying the bill or upon reception. Yet did not until today.

My seats went up $15 freaking dollars a seat making it a $135 more a seat and $540 more on the lot this season. $150 and $600 for regular seasons.

Bill seemed about normal minus the money already in pot for playoff games unplayed last season. Then I look at the actual tickets and see my price is $110 a seat. Paying more this year for 9 games instead of 10 last season.

Guess this is to make up for revenue lost going to London.  BfreakingS.  Even though I am sure they are compensated royally for going to London, or at least what they would have made at home.

Really after that unprofessional playoff departure ?   Love the Bengals and these seats have been purchased since 1968 and since 1990 by myself.

Guess this is the plan, screw the longtime loyal customers figuring they are hemmed in and will always buy.

Probably will since they are front row behind Bengals bench. But my row has always had a deal to only bring Bengals fans.

Suspect this will change in the near future and will buy them only to make profit selling to highest bidder. Which will mostly be opponents fans and just attend 1 or 2.

This will break my heart but until they have playoff success they should not be gouging imo.

Rant over.  

Sorry.

Team has been consistently good over the last 4 years.... prices wouldn't go down... its not gouging.... they expect demand to go up but supplies to stay the same..

Increased Demand = Increased value.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 04:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Team has been consistently good over the last 4 years.... prices wouldn't go down...  its not gouging.... they expect demand to go up but supplies to stay the same..

Increased Demand = Increased value.

This.

The team is winning, so the price will go up.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 02:41 PM)jason Wrote: Losing that home game to London irks me.

End of rant.... Back to work.

My issue is still that neither team really gets a home advantage. If you're both playing an away game, it should be counted as one of your road games. Doesn't screw the season ticket holders, doesn't effect local fans and doesn't take away from the benefit of getting to play eight games in your own house.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 06:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This.

The team is winning, so the price will go up.

They are pretend winning.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 06:21 PM)Benton Wrote: My issue is still that neither team really gets a home advantage. If you're both playing an away game, it should be counted as one of your road games. Doesn't screw the season ticket holders, doesn't effect local fans and doesn't take away from the benefit of getting to play eight games in your own house.

Agreed, I have heard many complaints about the way NFL handles the overseas games.

I do like the 'away game' idea...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Never was a math whiz, Pa never was one much for the fancy book learnin'. But, how can both teams have an away game and the NFL schedule remain a balance of all teams having 8 home/8 away?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 08:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Never was a math whiz, Pa never was one much for the fancy book learnin'. But, how can both teams have an away game and the NFL schedule remain a balance of all teams having 8 home/8 away?
It's technically a home game for the Bengals.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 09:00 PM)J24 Wrote: It's technically a home game for the Bengals.

As a STH, believe me, I am well aware it's a home game.

I was asking how, as some had proposed, that both teams get to treat it as an away game and the NFL schedule remain balanced.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 09:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: As a STH, believe me, I am well aware it's a home game.

I was asking how, as some had proposed, that both teams get to treat it as an away game and the NFL schedule remain balanced.
$$$ it's not balanced and they don't care that it's not balanced.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 09:36 PM)J24 Wrote: $$$ it's not balanced and they don't care that it's not balanced.

Yes, it's balanced in that the Bengals have only 7 home games at PBS.  If they got to keep eight PBS games, and this game was also an away game for them, what team loses a home game so they only have 8 away games?  
Reply/Quote
Wait, I'm not a cartographer, but isn't Washington DC closer to London than Cincinnati is? Maybe they're going via the Pacific ocean in which case Cincinnati is closer..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 06:21 PM)Benton Wrote: My issue is still that neither team really gets a home advantage. If you're both playing an away game, it should be counted as one of your road games. Doesn't screw the season ticket holders, doesn't effect local fans and doesn't take away from the benefit of getting to play eight games in your own house.

Sorry did a super long shift folks, but .................THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote