Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y The Last Man on Earth
So, I just started reading this comic series called "Y The Last Man" and it's about Yorrick and his pet monkey Ampersand who are the only male creatures left alive after some mysterious plague wipes out every creature with a 'Y' chromosome. I'm far enough into the series that they just discovered that there's something about Ampersand that makes him immune and because he likes to throw his shit, it made Yorrick immune as well.

It's an interesting series so far. For one thing, Yorrick certainly isn't the typical guy finding out he's the last man on earth as of issue 30 (where I'm at right now) he's only had sex with 1 woman since the plague hit (incidentally, it happened on my birthday). Anyway, I wouldn't describe the book as misogynistic as I think it describes women realistically (other than that none of them are fat or ugly, so far). You have the crazies that think all men dead is a good thing and when they find out 1 is alive they try to kill him. You have those that try to get life back to where it was. You have those trying to make life better, take advantage of this opportunity to start over; etc. etc.

I'd recommend reading this if you're interested in post-apocalyptic type of reading. IMO, if you liked the Walking Dead comics, you'll probably like this one as well (did I mention they show some boobies?)

But, the point of this thread was, what if YOU were the last man on earth? Would you go hog wild and hump any and every girl you could? Would you try to take control and "rule the world"? Would you hide in fear of your life? Would you kill yourself and screw the human race?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I've read that series, still have all of the trades.

Honestly, I have always been one that puts more emotional attachment on sex than many men like to claim, so it would be difficult for me to actually help repopulate. Plus the gene pool would be screwed. That being said, I would probably take it as a sign that humanity was intended to be doomed or evolve to the point where men were not necessary and so wouldn't worry to much about it. I wouldn't really consider it a duty to repopulate.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Is my wife one of the females still alive? If not, I'm your re-population guy.
Reply/Quote
[Image: dt1.jpg]

Although there would be one sticking point. If whatever the plague is would just kill any male offspring, then there wouldn't be much point (outside of having tons of sex). And since I wouldn't want to be burying a literal ton of babies, I'd probably just go off to a cabin in the woods and let the women sort their own stuff out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 02:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've read that series, still have all of the trades.

Honestly, I have always been one that puts more emotional attachment on sex than many men like to claim, so it would be difficult for me to actually help repopulate. Plus the gene pool would be screwed. That being said, I would probably take it as a sign that humanity was intended to be doomed or evolve to the point where men were not necessary and so wouldn't worry to much about it. I wouldn't really consider it a duty to repopulate.

I know what you mean. Currently, I don't have the mindset that would allow me to sleep with multiple women. Heck, it took over a year after my divorce before even a simple date didn't feel like I was cheating. Then there's the presumption that my wife survives and if she survives, I'm pretty sure she's not going to like me sleeping with other women, even for the fate of the humanity.

(05-17-2016, 05:05 PM)Beaker Wrote: Is my wife one of the females still alive? If not, I'm your re-population guy.

Yes, but you're not. Sorry, buddy, she's mine now. Hope she likes fat guys.  Smirk

(05-17-2016, 06:01 PM)Benton Wrote: [Image: dt1.jpg]

Although there would be one sticking point. If whatever the plague is would just kill any male offspring, then there wouldn't be much point (outside of having tons of sex). And since I wouldn't want to be burying a literal ton of babies, I'd probably just go off to a cabin in the woods and let the women sort their own stuff out.

Let's assume that as the last man you have a natural immunity to whatever caused the problem. As such, most of your offspring would carry that immunity. Sure, there's the chance a few might not, but so what.

As to the other thing, I would set up a system where anyone who wants to be impregnated can apply and I get to choose one woman each day Monday thru Friday and you can only be chosen once. The chosen woman gets sexed by me and I leave my seed in her garden. On Saturday, I rest from all sexual activities. On Sunday, I allow my sperm to be collected ("hand" positions are available) and stored so those women that want to get pregnant but don't want to have a p in their v have an option of getting pregnant (thinking mostly of lesbians and women with semi-high standards even though I'm the last man alive). All that I ask in return is room and board and non-sexual entertainment.

I'll leave governing and leadership and whatnot to everyone else as long as they don't interfere with my repopulating the earth.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 12:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, I just started reading this comic series called "Y The Last Man" and it's about Yorrick and his pet monkey Ampersand who are the only male creatures left alive after some mysterious plague wipes out every creature with a 'Y' chromosome. I'm far enough into the series that they just discovered that there's something about Ampersand that makes him immune and because he likes to throw his shit, it made Yorrick immune as well.

It's an interesting series so far. For one thing, Yorrick certainly isn't the typical guy finding out he's the last man on earth as of issue 30 (where I'm at right now) he's only had sex with 1 woman since the plague hit (incidentally, it happened on my birthday). Anyway, I wouldn't describe the book as misogynistic as I think it describes women realistically (other than that none of them are fat or ugly, so far). You have the crazies that think all men dead is a good thing and when they find out 1 is alive they try to kill him. You have those that try to get life back to where it was. You have those trying to make life better, take advantage of this opportunity to start over; etc. etc.

I'd recommend reading this if you're interested in post-apocalyptic type of reading. IMO, if you liked the Walking Dead comics, you'll probably like this one as well (did I mention they show some boobies?)

But, the point of this thread was, what if YOU were the last man on earth? Would you go hog wild and hump any and every girl you could? Would you try to take control and "rule the world"? Would you hide in fear of your life? Would you kill yourself and screw the human race?

you might like the movie "Children of Men"  
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 12:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you might like the movie "Children of Men"  

Saw it. It was okay.
Reply/Quote
Vaughn is a great writer. He was behind Runaways and writes Saga which is easily the best comic currently being made.

He also wrote for Lost and was the showrunner for Under the Dome.

He recently wrote a cool one shot spin off of the Walking Dead that followed Rick's brother in Spain.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote