Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, it is a loss...but....
(11-23-2015, 02:47 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: They were already in field goal range. That is why they elected to take a knee on 2nd down and was going to spike it on 3rd. I don't blame Peko...he knew the game was lost already. Just trying to win it...if you are not cheating your not trying. 

Peko didn't do anything is #1 and #2, how can the ref be sure that what he called was what happened?

Yoy don't make a call like that in this part of the game: I think this is the first time in NFL history that, that specific penalty was called, I have never seen it before in my life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Peko clearly said something. The right guard jumped and the center and left guard immediately pointed at Peko and yelled for a flag.

Given the situation (an expected spike coming on the down after a knee) it's hard to believe Peko's story. I'm with Rhino23: we tried to cheat and got caught. No biggy. The loss in regulation is on Marvin, Hue and Andy (in that order, as each had the chance to ignore orders and do a run play anyway).
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 01:59 AM)Since82 Wrote: I enjoyed the 8-0, but I still hold judgement until I see a playoff win. I don't care about tough fought losses, great effort, or close calls. If this team goes 14-2 and loses in the first round, the season wasn't worth a damn.

I agree that the playoffs are all that matters, but the effort we saw tonight was nothing like any of the playoff losses. Dalton, Gio, Eifert, Atkins and many others balled out tonight. It was a slim loss to a great team on the road. If they play like this they can beat anyone. Especially in Cincy.

(11-23-2015, 02:46 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: The sickening thing is that if Dalton had handed the ball off on the exact play they ran, Gio would have picked up at least 5 yards.

I was so pissed when I realized it was play action. A run would've netted an easy first down. Smh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:46 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: What do Marvin Lewis and Tom Coughlin have in common?

Both perennial underachievers who look clueless during games and have cost their teams victories with ridiculous clock management failures in the last two weeks.  

How do you not run the ball on 3rd and 2 with a minute to play and the opposition having no timeouts remaining?

The sickening thing is that if Dalton had handed the ball off on the exact play they ran, Gio would have picked up at least 5 yards.

I liked the idea of going for the kill shot, but the problem is AJ is not that guy.  He actually looked like he waited to see if it would be picked off....like that would put all the bad attention on Andy????  I think Andy needs to realize AJ just isn't that clutch performer.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't give a shit about the way we played, when the referees completely screw us over with that horseshit call.

I don't give a shit if the team gives up a 40 point lead in a half, you do NOT make a completely horseshit call and **** the team over. It shows blatant favouritism and serious unprofessionalism.

A flagrant foul or an offside? Absolutely, completely our fault. But you're standing 10 yards away, with a guy who has a soft voice, with his 330 pound torso and ass standing between you and him and you are 100% sure that he's, "making calls to draw the team into a foul?"

When the game is decided on bullshit like that, who cares about a stupid call on 3rd and 2 or a fumble or anything.

Really disappointed and saddened that after putting forth great effort to extend the game, WITH momentum on their side, its thrust away because of hearsay and just massive unprofessionalism.

Hearsay?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
From 8-0 to moral victories. This season is falling apart quick!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 03:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I liked the idea of going for the kill shot, but the problem is AJ is not that guy.  He actually looked like he waited to see if it would be picked off....like that would put all the bad attention on Andy????  I think Andy needs to realize AJ just isn't that clutch performer.  

Andy's pass was under thrown and he is lucky it wasn't intercepted. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 03:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I liked the idea of going for the kill shot, but the problem is AJ is not that guy.  He actually looked like he waited to see if it would be picked off....like that would put all the bad attention on Andy????  I think Andy needs to realize AJ just isn't that clutch performer.  

We could have gone for the win without throwing it up for grabs on a pass play that almost never works. There was plenty of time on the clock and we only needed two yards for a first down.

Andy is not clutch. He had a good game on paper thanks to the 127 yards he had dumping it off to Gio, but he was missing open guys all night. It's hard to blame AJ when Andy underthrows the receiver every single time that play is called. We're lucky it wasn't picked off. If Andy makes a better throw that would have been a touchdown.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:46 AM)J24 Wrote: Hopefully Dennard isn't that seriously hurt and we can get Pacman back quickly. It's frustrating that we lost but this team has everything you win a championship.

Except for the coaching.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:06 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: We could have gone for the win without throwing it up for grabs on a pass play that almost never works. There was plenty of time on the clock and we only needed two yards for a first down.

Andy is not clutch. He had a good game on paper thanks to the 127 yards he had dumping it off to Gio, but he was missing open guys all night. It's hard to blame AJ when Andy underthrows the receiver every single time that play is called. We're lucky it wasn't picked off. If Andy makes a better throw that would have been a touchdown.

I'm sorry, but this just isn't accurate at all.  Andy had several big plays where the receiver dropped the ball.  He overthrew Marvin Jones once big-time, but I think Jones got held or something that interrupted his timing.  

Dalton played extremely well with very little to no protection for much of the game.  Palmer had all day.  Dalton was getting lit up every snap.  He didn't force any dumb throws and had no picks.  

I was very happy by what I saw our offense do except for the same poor play selections (seemed like they ran the same play?) in the third quarter. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 03:11 AM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Peko clearly said something.  The right guard jumped and the center and left guard immediately pointed at Peko and yelled for a flag.

Given the situation (an expected spike coming on the down after a knee) it's hard to believe Peko's story.  I'm with Rhino23: we tried to cheat and got caught.  No biggy.  The loss in regulation is on Marvin, Hue and Andy (in that order, as each had the chance to ignore orders and do a run play anyway).

All im saying is that how can you be sure as an official that Peko did what he did when youre standing 4 yards behind him. The official that threw the flag was the one behind the defensive line by the linebackers. Even if Peko did do it, as an official you should be 100% sure it was him before you throw the flag, and behind the guy I just don't see how you can be.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:47 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: They were already in field goal range. That is why they elected to take a knee on 2nd down and was going to spike it on 3rd. I don't blame Peko...he knew the game was lost already. Just trying to win it...if you are not cheating your not trying. 

Peko says he was NOT doing that.  He's not really the lying type of guy.  Their offensive linemen said he was doing that the whole game.   Peko's a talker, said he was saying, "Get set, get set".    I think the refs took too much into their hands the whole game...   except the blatant hit to defenseless receiver, constantly holding Dunlap and allowing the Cards to push Jones out of bounds way beyond the 5 yard limit.

We still win the game if we make a few less stupid penalties, protect Dalton a little better and run the ball on third down at the end of the game.   But the Zebras made a lot of bad calls (and no calls).
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:29 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: All im saying is that how can you be sure as an official that Peko did what he did when youre standing 4 yards behind him. The official that threw the flag was the one behind the defensive line by the linebackers. Even if Peko did do it, as an official you should be 100% sure it was him before you throw the flag, and behind the guy I just don't see how you can be.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm sorry, but this just isn't accurate at all.  Andy had several big plays where the receiver dropped the ball.  He overthrew Marvin Jones once big-time, but I think Jones got held or something that interrupted his timing.  

Dalton played extremely well with very little to no protection for much of the game.  Palmer had all day.  Dalton was getting lit up every snap.  He didn't force any dumb throws and had no picks.  

I was very happy by what I saw our offense do except for the same poor play selections (seemed like they ran the same play?) in the third quarter. 

I agree with this.   What elite quarterback doesn't have their bad throws and poor decisions.   Andy played well enough to win and had a # of clutch plays, all while running for his life.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:16 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Except for the coaching.

Our biggest problem right now.   Hopefully they're learning and will figure a few things out before we get into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the referees did not cost the Bengals the game.  The Bengals played a very good team, in their stadium, and it came down to the last play of the game.  Even the call on Peko, which was most likely legit, did not really matter because it still would have been a very makeable field goal.  Much of the second half was played without Dennard, Shawn Williams, and even Nelson was out for periods.  They had Josh Shaw and Deron Smith playing against one of the most prolific passing attacks in the NFL.

Hindsight says that you run the ball, but giving your all world wide receiver a chance to make a play against their backup corner (Peterson was on the sidelines) does not seem like a terrible option either... they just left Palmer too much time on the clock with the depleted secondary.
Reply/Quote
The defense really let the team down last night imo.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 12:01 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: The defense really let the team down last night imo.

The secondary was decimated last night, and they were going against a great passing team.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 11:45 AM)3wt Wrote: I agree with this.   What elite quarterback doesn't have their bad throws and poor decisions.   Andy played well enough to win and had a # of clutch plays, all while running for his life.

Honestly, there are no glaringly poor decisions that stand out from last night.  He threw for over 300 yards with two touchdowns (easily could have been three if Gio doesn't go down).  He had a 40 yard pass that hit Jones in the shoulder pads and should have been caught for what would have most likely been another touchdown.  Even the play to Green where both he and Peterson were hurt, that ball was just off his fingertips.  Last night was not on Dalton, he easily played well enough to win.  Losing sucks, but they played a very good team and literally took it down to the last second.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 12:04 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The secondary was decimated last night, and they were going against a great passing team.

I don't know about decimated but we had some injuries. All off-season we want to brag about the depth we had well even with the injuries you still have Kirk, Hall, Iloka and Nelson. They were still capable of making a stop to seal the game. If they can't adapt any better then that with all of the "depth" we have then that's a problem.

I just feel like this team is too good to wilt the way they did last night even with some injuries. I don't think it had anything to do with primetime though.
Reply/Quote