Poll: Do you clean your Yeti Rambler in the dishwasher?
Never used the dishwasher, hand washed only
Tried the dishwasher and screwed it up, so never again
The dishwasher messed it up, but not bad enough to make me stop
Dishwasher every time, with no change to the performance
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeti Rambler
Much like anyone else who has ever used one, I love the thing. Back when I got my first one, Yeti was adamant that it should not go through the dishwasher, and there were reviews of people who for whom it worked fine, and others who said it was never the same after doing so.

Well, we have quite a few of them, and hand washing is a pain in the ass. As Yeti has now changed their stance on newer ones, I'm considering throwing them into the dishwasher. At the price point though, I'm hesitant to try it as I don't want to have them get screwed up.

So, to all the Rambler owners out there, how do you clean yours?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just hand wash it. It's not that big of a deal.

Why is it not dishwasher safe? Isn't it just stainless steel?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 11:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just hand wash it. It's not that big of a deal.

Why is it not dishwasher safe? Isn't it just stainless steel?

Sometimes seals are soft rubber.

I had a stainless steel mug with a plastic piece on the bottom that would fill with water in the dishwasher .
Reply/Quote
People always remark about how expensive their products are, but boy, do they ever work phenomenally.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Well it looks like three are only other board members who own them Ninja LMAO
Reply/Quote
I have a lot of Yeti drinkware because I love it. I'm honestly a little embarrassed about how much I have. The only reason I ever hand wash is if I plan to use it again right away. I've had zero problems with any of it and going through the dishwasher.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 07:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have a lot of Yeti drinkware because I love it. I'm honestly a little embarrassed about how much I have. The only reason I ever hand wash is if I plan to use it again right away. I've had zero problems with any of it and going through the dishwasher.

Same.

I just remove the rubber seal thingy and run them through the dishwasher. I wash the seal by hand.

The first couple we had I left the ring on. It started to grow mold on the backside and crack on the front.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 07:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have a lot of Yeti drinkware because I love it. I'm honestly a little embarrassed about how much I have. The only reason I ever hand wash is if I plan to use it again right away. I've had zero problems with any of it and going through the dishwasher.

Ditto...

I wonder if it is a VA thing???

(08-19-2020, 09:29 PM)Benton Wrote: Same.

I just remove the rubber seal thingy and run them through the dishwasher. I wash the seal by hand.

The first couple we had I left the ring on. It started to grow mold on the backside and crack on the front.

The seal cracked, or the lid?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 09:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ditto...

I wonder if it is a VA thing???

The seal cracked, or the lid?

Seal. Never had an issue with the lids or the metal bodies, just the rubber band like seals. If you don't remove and clean them, they grow mold. If you run them through the dishwasher, they get brittle. The last couple I've gotten, I take the seals off and just wash them in soapy water by hand. 
Reply/Quote