Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yikes
It is starting to sound like Marvin Lewis maybe rejoining the Cincinnati Bengals but conditionally. If my memory serves me correct when they hired Marvin Lewis he was given more decision-making Authority than any prior coach with the exception of Paul Brown of course.

Yeah he changed the culture of the franchise. But no one really knows how much Authority Marvin Lewis had and making decisions regarding player personnel.

I think the only way Marvin Lewis comes back is if he is promoted to GM / coach. I personally thank him for changing a culture of the Cincinnati Bengals. With that sad I hope he is promoted to the front office and they hire somebody new and clean the entire coaching staff.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It is starting to sound like Marvin Lewis maybe rejoining the Cincinnati Bengals but conditionally.  If my memory serves me correct when they hired Marvin Lewis he was given more decision-making Authority than any prior coach with the exception of Paul Brown of course.

Yeah he changed the culture of the franchise.  But no one really knows how much Authority Marvin Lewis had and making decisions regarding player personnel.  

I think the only way Marvin Lewis comes back is if he is promoted to GM / coach.  I personally thank him for changing a culture of the Cincinnati Bengals.  With that sad I hope he is promoted to the front office and they hire somebody new and clean the entire coaching staff.
Front Office?  Maybe if he's vacuuming the rugs, emptying the trash, dusting the furniture.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think Marvin wants to come back, and the Browns want him back. I think Marvin used Schefter to make it known he was willing to leave to accelerate negotiations. Marvin probably has something he wants (more roster control, getting rid of some coordinators, etc), and is counting on Mike giving in.

And I think he will. Since mid-season I've felt like Marvin was coming back, and I still feel that way. Unless what he's asking for is completely unreasonable, I think he and Mike will find a middle ground and Marvin will come back.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 06:26 PM)Benton Wrote: I think Marvin wants to come back, and the Browns want him back. I think Marvin used Schefter to make it known he was willing to leave to accelerate negotiations. Marvin probably has something he wants (more roster control, getting rid of some coordinators, etc), and is counting on Mike giving in.

And I think he will. Since mid-season I've felt like Marvin was coming back, and I still feel that way. Unless what he's asking for is completely unreasonable, I think he and Mike will find a middle ground and Marvin will come back.

Of course he's coming back because that is the last thing that should happen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 06:26 PM)Benton Wrote: I think Marvin wants to come back, and the Browns want him back. I think Marvin used Schefter to make it known he was willing to leave to accelerate negotiations. Marvin probably has something he wants (more roster control, getting rid of some coordinators, etc), and is counting on Mike giving in.

Well said.  Make sense.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

If it means Mike Brown gets permanently cut out of draft decisions then I'd take Marvin back for another year.

If it means Paul Alexander is fired then I'd take Marvin for two more years.

If it means Mike Brown giving up his GM hat altogether and has no say in which players gets re-signed then I'd take Marvin for another three years.

Getting Mike Brown out of football decisions is always a positive for the team and the fans.

Reply/Quote