Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoiur views on managment post draft?
Something changed. Had an OC taken on Piano Man like Lazor did in the past they would have backed Piano Man and the OC would be out after the season. Somehow (blackmail?) Lazor won and got rid of Piano Man.

Then the next shocker - they PROACTIVELY went out and got an A List Line Coach by jumping on him before anyone else could.

Then again in Free Agency they PROACTIVELY attacked what was considered a VERY weak class of Free Agents by grabbing a bona fide Mike LB still in his prime and trading for a top shelf LT still in his prime.

And finally they actually moved around in the draft and got:

- the top Center prospect to come out in years
- an actual Center Fielder Safety prospect
- badly needed help at DL and RB and special teams

They have me wondering what comes next?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My views on management post draft are the same as they were pre draft. Mr. Brown should turn complete control over to his family, pack up the Chevy Lumina and head to the sandy white beaches of Florida for some fun in the sun.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 09:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know this is a Bengals thread, but I saw ML beat Ravens and their HC on the road with a depleted offensive team in 2017. My point is those hating on decision to keep ML must also feel Ravens coach should be one.

I dropped my season tickets based on ML coming back, but I have to say the FO has been a lot more aggressive this off season and time will tell if it pays off or not.

The Bengals also lost to the 5-11 Bears at home by a score of 33-7, in 2017.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 07:58 PM)Derrick Wrote: You're right. I recall the O-linemen saying they were being coached to wait for the defender instead of attacking. I hope that concept went to Dallas with PA! Tongue

Not only that Derrick.....but it was revealed the practices were rather passive as well.  I don't know if you caught the thread on this earlier or not, but essentially, PA was using arm pads in practices.....while Pollack has gone with traditional repetitive teaching using sleds, chutes, and things of that nature.  I found it rather peculiar that the Cincinnati Bengals were not in possession of a blocking sled until Pollack get here. Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 09:30 AM)Wyche Wrote:   I found it rather peculiar that the Cincinnati Bengals were not in possession of a blocking sled until Pollack get here. Shocked

I find this hard to believe considering PA invented the "Rogers Lev Sled" which most teams now use to train offensive linemen.

Got a link?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 09:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: Not only that Derrick.....but it was revealed the practices were rather passive as well.  I don't know if you caught the thread on this earlier or not, but essentially, PA was using arm pads in practices.....while Pollack has gone with traditional repetitive teaching using sleds, chutes, and things of that nature.  I found it rather peculiar that the Cincinnati Bengals were not in possession of a blocking sled until Pollack get here. Shocked

If Pollack can teach our o line to maintain their blocks like the Steelers do for Bell, Joe Mixon could do a lot of damage this year.

As several folks have said, it was a miracle that they won 7 games last year with the awful o line we saw in the first 14 games.

Andy will be a top 10 QB if he gets a consistent running game and a decent pocket on passing plays.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 09:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I find this hard to believe considering PA invented the "Rogers Lev Sled" which most teams now use to train offensive linemen.

Got a link?

Look back through the threads around the time Pollack was hired.....you will find your link.  It was mentioned that PA had gone to using arm pads in practice.....and Pollack had to order a sled, a chute, and some other assorted drill equipment.

EDIT: Considering that was his invention....that is odd. That's what Hobsons article said though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote