Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You’re the GM
(04-27-2018, 03:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Who cares?  I'd rather have 4 years of Hernandez than zero years.

I doubt Hernandez gets passed the Giants at 34.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If I'm GM, I am stoked! I can sit back and still get an excellent player. I can take Daniels/Hernandez with Price already in the fold or I can get Harrison/Reid at S. Of course there have been other options already mentioned that would be fine with me as well.

The Price pick was solid and gives the GM flexibility going into round two.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:18 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I would consider trading up to grab Hernandez as he is a very powerful and nasty blocker. He has the potential to develop into a Pro Bowler, he's fairly mobile considering his size.

That would make our starting OL potentially LT Glenn, LG Boling, C Price, RG Hernandez, RT Fisher. That would be better than last year's by a long shot.

I would look at S Justin Reid from Stanford. He's a ballhawk with excellent speed and athleticism (4.4), who has experience playing safety, nickel and cornerback. At 6-1 210 he has the size and strength. Drafting him would essentially be drafting both a safety and cornerback simultaneously, as he can play both.

I would also look at DT Harrison Phillips from Stanford at 6'3 310. He had 102 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, and 7.5 sacks. By the way he's had over 14 sacks the last two years combined. He's got a swim move almost as brutal as his strength, 42 bench press reps are a lot, but it's the intangibles and heart that go with it that can make him a nightmare next to Atkins. Although it's obviously not a glaring need for us, but in terms of talent it would easily be justifiable taking him.

Good stuff on Harrison Phillips man, i didn't know he had THAT good of stats. Surprised he is still on the board.
Reply/Quote
Im thinking about how I can package up a 5th and 7th to get another 3rd.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:24 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im thinking about how I can package up a 5th and 7th to get another 3rd.

You’d be lucky to get a 4th with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:30 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You’d be lucky to get a 4th with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still better then a 7th who we just end up cutting
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:34 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Still better then a 7th who we just end up cutting

Not really.  I'd say things get pretty random after the third round.  So you are probably more likely to get a good player with two choices than one.
Reply/Quote