Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You’re the GM
I agree with the guys saying we let Austin pick his guy in the 2nd. Being he is a Secondary coach i think we go
with one of the cover Safeties at 46, Ronnie Harrison, Jessie Bates III or Justin Reid.

An End also could be on the table like Harold Landry (have to take him don't we?), Rasheem Green or Lorenzo
Carter. But if someone crazy talented like Will Hernandez falls you have to take him, no way he falls though.

With our first 3rd i think we go OT with Geron Christian, Connor Williams, Orlando Brown, Tyrell Crosby or Rankin.

We just might go LB after that and grab Shaqueem Griffin or another talent that falls that can play SAM.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With redmon and westerman coming on last season when given a chance... And the potential for OBG Fisher Hart to also compete for RG

Id say we go OT if we get another lineman over a Guard.

I agree, I think Redmond will be the starting RG. That being said, while I don’t think he will be, if Hernandez is there at 46 he would be hard to pass up.

Reply/Quote
I could see them grabbin CB Jackson if he’s there for sure. Also wouldnt surprise me if Arden Key is the pick in the second. Safety and/or tackle in the third

Reply/Quote
I’d pretty much go BPA here. We filled our two biggest holes in the first round with Glenn and Price so we are back to a point where I’m getting the best impact player available. Hernandez and Landry would be tops of my list if the fell. Like a few of the safeties, Jackson, Hubbard, Greene, Jefferson at LB, or either of the top 2 TE’s left.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:41 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I could see them grabbin CB Jackson if he’s there for sure. Also wouldnt surprise me if Arden Key is the pick in the second. Safety and/or tackle in the third

Mike Hughes is another name that should be mentioned here.

Reminds me a lot of Adam Jones honestly. Sticks to receivers like glue but is a little undersized but plays with heart.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with the guys saying we let Austin pick his guy in the 2nd. Being he is a Secondary coach i think we go
with one of the cover Safeties at 46, Ronnie Harrison, Jessie Bates III or Justin Reid.

An End also could be on the table like Harold Landry (have to take him don't we?), Rasheem Green or Lorenzo
Carter. But if someone crazy talented like Will Hernandez falls you have to take him, no way he falls though.

With our first 3rd i think we go OT with Geron Christian, Connor Williams, Orlando Brown, Tyrell Crosby or Rankin.

We just might go LB after that and grab Shaqueem Griffin or another talent that falls that can play SAM.

I wonder if any other teams fanbase is rooting for Griffin(to be on their team) as much as we are.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d pretty much go BPA here. We filled our two biggest holes in the first round with Glenn and Price so we are back to a point where I’m getting the best impact player available. Hernandez and Landry would be tops of my list if the fell. Like a few of the safeties, Jackson, Hubbard, Greene, Jefferson at LB, or either of the top 2 TE’s left.

I keep forgetting about Hubbard cause he is a Buckeye, but hey, we finally took one, could happen again. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I wonder if any other teams fanbase is rooting for Griffin(to be on their team) as much as we are.

It is a good question. All i know is i think he could do all we need at SAM and he would inspire the entire Defense.

Want this guy in stripes.
Reply/Quote
Landry or Hurst could make sure we've got some cushion on DL over the next couple years. Either one could give good time in a rotation (especially Landry), and give us a chance to keep the line solid as we start looking at some of our productive guys needing new contracts or starting to decline.

My guess, though, is a guard or OT.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I keep forgetting about Hubbard cause he is a Buckeye, but hey, we finally took one, could happen again. ThumbsUp

We do like to double dip occansionally
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mike Hughes is another name that should be mentioned here.

Reminds me a lot of Adam Jones honestly. Sticks to receivers like glue but is a little undersized but plays with heart.

Mike Hughes went to Minnesota.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:07 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: If Josh Jackson is there, he'll probably be the pick. Otherwise, I would really like Hernandez, although I doubt they go that route. I think it's D, so I will go with:

Justin Reid
Ronnie Harrison
Josh Jackson
Mo Hurst
Rasheem Green

Jackson is slow and the team values speed at corner
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:53 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Mike Hughes went to Minnesota.

Ah, thanks, too many brewskis last night. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Hurst fits productive falling DL prospect from a big school. They love these kind of guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ah, thanks, too many brewskis last night. Mellow

I know that life!

Reply/Quote
Rasheem Green fits what Marvin Lewis likes to do with his defensive lines. He would be a base end and an interior pass rusher.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hurst fits productive  falling DL prospect from a big school.  They love these kind of guys.

This guy is alot like Geno, would be all for Mo Hurst today.

(04-27-2018, 03:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Rasheem Green fits what Marvin Lewis likes to do with his defensive lines. He would be a base end and an interior pass rusher.

Sure does, he reminds me a lot of Dunlap honestly.
Reply/Quote
I would consider trading up to grab Hernandez as he is a very powerful and nasty blocker. He has the potential to develop into a Pro Bowler, he's fairly mobile considering his size.

That would make our starting OL potentially LT Glenn, LG Boling, C Price, RG Hernandez, RT Fisher. That would be better than last year's by a long shot.

I would look at S Justin Reid from Stanford. He's a ballhawk with excellent speed and athleticism (4.4), who has experience playing safety, nickel and cornerback. At 6-1 210 he has the size and strength. Drafting him would essentially be drafting both a safety and cornerback simultaneously, as he can play both.

I would also look at DT Harrison Phillips from Stanford at 6'3 310. He had 102 tackles, 17 tackles for loss, and 7.5 sacks. By the way he's had over 14 sacks the last two years combined. He's got a swim move almost as brutal as his strength, 42 bench press reps are a lot, but it's the intangibles and heart that go with it that can make him a nightmare next to Atkins. Although it's obviously not a glaring need for us, but in terms of talent it would easily be justifiable taking him.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I actually wouldn't mind them trading up if they really like a guy that fell on their board. A third round comp would take them to one of Indy's picks.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=cin
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:35 AM)Rattler Wrote: Since we won't pay guards, best tackle available.

Who cares?  I'd rather have 4 years of Hernandez than zero years.
Reply/Quote