Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You F'in Kidding, NFL Network?
(08-03-2016, 02:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000678162/Predicting-Bengals-2016-wins-and-losses

They pick the Bengals to start 1-5 and end up 7-9.

It's like they haven't watched them play football for the last five years.

Heath Evans says 7-9, the other guy says 8-8. Either way I don't see how that can possibly be a realistic projection. Heath Evans talks about other teams defenses multiple times while giving the Bengals an L. As if they are better somehow?

Am I missing something? This is the regular season we're talking about, not the postseason (or just primetime games), so why would anyone bet against the Bengals making the playoffs?

- - - - -
Apparently I needed a reminder of why sparsely check that site/channel.
Heath Evans was a FB.  They lead with their head.  End of story.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 05:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:
12-4

Loss at Cleveland?   Hilarious

You laugh, but there's pretty good odds the Bengals lose one of the two Cleveland games and I am mentally prepared to accept that. In the last 5 years, they have swept them 2 times and split with them 3 times. Put in Hue and RG3 (better than whoever and Manziel) and they will play up and the Bengals will play down one of those two games.

Won't stop the Bengals from winning 11 or 12, but don't be surprised.

EDIT: I have them losing Week 5, 6, 15, and one of the two Browns games. Week 8 is probably my swing game for 12 or 11 wins.

(Of course I will have them also lose Week 16 if TJ Yates is playing for them for some reason, too. LOL.. freaking Bengal kryptonite.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: Heath Evans was a FB.  They lead with their head.  End of story.

Post of the week for anyone that understands football!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 05:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You laugh, but there's pretty good odds the Bengals lose one of the two Cleveland games and I am mentally prepared to accept that. In the last 5 years, they have swept them 2 times and split with them 3 times. Put in Hue and RG3 (better than whoever and Manziel) and they will play up and the Bengals will play down one of those two games.

Won't stop the Bengals from winning 11 or 12, but don't be surprised.

I think RGIII is crippled by that point in the season or he's just playing it safe and playing pocket-quarterback, which we'll eat him alive because he can't do that.

He'll either be hurt by then or failing at trying to stay in the pocket.
Reply/Quote
I keep waiting for that down year, but I don't think it's coming anytime soon. Regardless of what the talking heads "think", the Bengals have too much talent to be a losing team. It's really hard to imagine Dalton, Green, Eifert, Gio/Hill, Whit, Dunlap, Atkins, Tez, Pacman, Iloka, etc going 7-9. It'd be a big surprise.

What wouldn't be surprising is the Steelers going 8-8 for the 3rd time in 5 years. They've lost some key offensive players, Ben and Bell are injury prone, and the defense is a weakness. I'm looking forward to our games with them this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree with that, they had it won, Hill coughed it up, then all hell broke loose.

The calls that stick out to me were the TD you alluded to, the hit on Bernard, no call on "Jerry" Porter, and the call on Shawn Williams for a completely clean hit.  In the instance of Jerry Porter, if he gets flagged instantly, as he should have, the argument could be made that he offsets Burfict, and Pacman never approaches him to draw a flag.  Then, you have an impossible FG with a wounded QB.  It was an ugly night all around for both teams, the officials, and some fans.

Jerry Porter.... Hahahahaha.

I think the biggest b.s call, was probably the Shawn Williams call. It may have been different if Wheaton flopped, fumbled and looked dead on the ground. But to be honest, that was probably one of the cleanest, most textbook hit i have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
Well, I remember reading team by team predictions before the 1981 season. It went like this:

Bengals have a talented team, but unfortunately they play in a division with three power teams (then Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Houston), so we see them failing to make the playoffs and pulling up the rear.

Of course, I can't quote it exactly as this was 35 years ago, but it essentially went like that. We ended up knocking the snot out of just about most everyone and going to the Super Bowl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I could see it if injuries continue.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 12:39 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I could see it if injuries continue.

Idk. Over the last 3-4 years, we've seen this team persevere through injuries to Dalton, Green, Eifert, MLJ, Andre, Atkins, Burfict, Maualuga, Leon, Iloka, etc. Often we've been without several of these guys.  Injuries don't really scare me any more. The only thing that seems to sink this team is (a) the Steelers and (b) the playoffs. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Valid point.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 12:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. Over the last 3-4 years, we've seen this team persevere through injuries to Dalton, Green, Eifert, MLJ, Andre, Atkins, Burfict, Maualuga, Leon, Iloka, etc. Often we've been without several of these guys.  Injuries don't really scare me any more. The only thing that seems to sink this team is (a) the Steelers and (b) the playoffs

© Joey Porter (he's a coach, not a Steeler)
Reply/Quote
No surprise they were predicted 7-9. Like someone said, it's all about the ratings and the most popular teams get all the love. I'm sure they mentioned something like Hue leaving and not having Jones and Sanu anymore. They probably left out our rookie Boyd is as advertised. Anyway, I'm glad they were snubbed. Gives the team some motivation
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 11:07 PM)Gohards Wrote: Jerry Porter.... Hahahahaha.

I think the biggest b.s call, was probably the Shawn Williams call. It may have been different if Wheaton flopped, fumbled and looked dead on the ground. But to be honest, that was probably one of the cleanest, most textbook hit i have ever seen.

I agree, and was MUCH cleaner than the hit on Bernard......that wasn't called.

Yeah, I lmao every time I think about Pacman calling him Jerry... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: In the instance of Jerry Porter, if he gets flagged instantly, as he should have, the argument could be made that he offsets Burfict, and Pacman never approaches him to draw a flag.

I cannot envision an overly emotional Adam Jones suddenly restraining himself when (if) he sees a flag thrown (which also assumes that he knows the penalty would be called on Porter). He's not exactly the most rational person when he gets into that state of mind.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 11:34 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: I cannot envision an overly emotional Adam Jones suddenly restraining himself when (if) he sees a flag thrown (which also assumes that he knows the penalty would be called on Porter). He's not exactly the most rational person when he gets into that state of mind.

You're right. He's not overly rational. He wasn't in that huddle initially though. Porter had been mingling in there for a few seconds. Pacman's gotta learn to walk away from stuff like that.

The saddest part of the incident is to watch MJ and Geno's reactions when the flag was thrown. They looked like they wanted to slam Adam.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 02:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000678162/Predicting-Bengals-2016-wins-and-losses

They pick the Bengals to start 1-5 and end up 7-9.

It's like they haven't watched them play football for the last five years.

Heath Evans says 7-9, the other guy says 8-8. Either way I don't see how that can possibly be a realistic projection. Heath Evans talks about other teams defenses multiple times while giving the Bengals an L. As if they are better somehow?

Am I missing something? This is the regular season we're talking about, not the postseason (or just primetime games), so why would anyone bet against the Bengals making the playoffs?

- - - - -
Apparently I needed a reminder of why sparsely check that site/channel.

We would have to be decimated with injuries to only win 7 games. The first 6 games are tough but if Eifert is back
by game 2 we should win atleast 3 of them. Our Defense will be good this year with Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict, Dunlap,
Iloka, Adam, Dansby etc.

Our passing game might go through a little chemistry issue early on but we still have AJ Green a great RB duo and
a decent O-line. Plus Boyd is impressing and doesn't drop balls. This will only help Dalton who improved in every
aspect last year.

We are definately the most solid team in the Division by far. Only a Steeler homer would say otherwise and even
some Steeler fans will consent to this.

Personally i am pridicting a 5-1 start and we go 13-3 but hey i could be dead wrong, but i bet i am closer to our
record than Evans and the other doosh says.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 11:34 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: I cannot envision an overly emotional Adam Jones suddenly restraining himself when (if) he sees a flag thrown (which also assumes that he knows the penalty would be called on Porter). He's not exactly the most rational person when he gets into that state of mind.

(08-04-2016, 12:26 PM)jason Wrote: You're right. He's not overly rational. He wasn't in that huddle initially though. Porter had been mingling in there for a few seconds. Pacman's gotta learn to walk away from stuff like that.

The saddest part of the incident is to watch MJ and Geno's reactions when the flag was thrown. They looked like they wanted to slam Adam.

I think that had an official intervened in a timely manner, Jerry Porter is never in among players, is walked off the field, and gets a flag, hence no reason for Pacman to be emotionally charged at all. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 02:52 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I predicted 7-9 back in May.

I love the team, the roster, and even have (in general) come around on the coaching staff. But the NFL is not setup for the same teams to be successful every year. Unless your the Patriots beating up the WORST division in football over a 16 year span, or the Packers, whose division isn't very strong, only one other team has gone to the playoffs as constantly as the Bengals and that's Denver.

Oh, and Baltimore also has 5 in a row recently. But that's not a positive in this conversation because those MFers are in the Bengals division. Along with the Steelers!

The Bengals have an incredibly weak schedule, but a brutal (IMO) home/away mix, plus prime time... which is always a boom or bust night for them.

I just have a bad juju feeling over this whole season. 7-9 isn't crazy considering the division, home/away schedule and the fact that they've had so much regular season success. I think that this year it will be injuries.

Or, F-me and they'll go 13-3 or something. We can only hope!

I just thought since now this season is in it's death throws that I would like to point out to the haters that I was pretty much right on (assuming the Bengals win out and go 7-8-1).

Calm down. I'm (mostly) joking. But, seriously, how did your predictions turn out? Do you feel any positivity for next eason? Maybe anticipation for a decent draft?

Has being wrong helped sober you up from the orange kool-aid?
Reply/Quote
Well Pundits finally got one right, although they've been predicting the Bengals fall the last 3 years at least. Sooner or later they would guess the right year. As for us fans. Maybe we'll be right one day too and this team won't disappoint. Doubt it though.

Worst 4th quarter team in the league this year (statistically). Even worse than the 0-14 Browns.

It's embarrassing to think how angry the city was after the wild card loss just to get smacked silly by the Steelers in 2016. They were right, there's no rivalry. Bengals are like the little kids whining and crying on the sidewalk about not being able to play Street ball with the big boys. Then they get their shot and well, look like little whiny kids. This is our legacy under Marvin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well Pundits finally got one right, although they've been predicting the Bengals fall the last 3 years at least. Sooner or later they would guess the right year. As for us fans. Maybe we'll be right one day too and this team won't disappoint. Doubt it though.

Worst 4th quarter team in the league this year (statistically). Even worse than the 0-14 Browns.

This season just never felt "right". I think the coaching changes and injuries finally caught up to us. First year in awhile im not optimistic about next season. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote