Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Know What's REALLY a Kick in the Teeth?
Now that the Cincinnati offensive line has gone from awful to nonexistent over the last six hours, look for the Front Office to either sign washed-up Adrian Peterson or draft Leonard Fournette or Joe Mixon to create a "run first" offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now that the Cincinnati offensive line has gone from awful to nonexistent over the last six hours, look for the Front Office to either sign washed-up Adrian Peterson or draft Leonard Fournette or Joe Mixon to create a "run first" offense.

I would be fine with Dalvin Cook or Fournette in the first round as long as we start working on the OL in the 2nd.

No O-lineman worth the #9 overall pick anyways.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be fine with Dalvin Cook or Fournette in the first round as long as we start working on the OL in the 2nd.

It doesn't matter. The Piano Man could turn New England's offensive line into five flinching turnstiles.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now that the Cincinnati offensive line has gone from awful to nonexistent over the last six hours, look for the Front Office to either sign washed-up Adrian Peterson or draft Leonard Fournette or Joe Mixon to create a "run first" offense.

Behind this line we'd need Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, and Herschel Walker to end up with positive yards at the end of the season.

Andy has Fran Tarkenton on speed dial I'd bet.
Reply/Quote

We kinda have no choice, but to go run first now. We aren't gonna be able to pass block for any longer than 1.5 seconds on average. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Behind this line we'd need Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, and Herschel Walker to end up with positive yards at the end of the season.

Andy has Fran Tarkenton on speed dial I'd bet.

"Hey Fran! It's Andy Dalton. Yes, I'm in the NFL. Quarterback. Oh, the Bengals -- for now. How did you escape from guys like Butkus and Karras when your offensive line sucked?"
Reply/Quote

As it stands at this point, it literally doesn't matter if it's a "run first", "pass first" or "fart first".  Run first: The RB's will get annihilated prior to getting back to the line of scrimmage.  Pass first: Dalton gets his kidneys ruptured before he gets to the second step of a three step drop.
Fart first: Bodine. (I know it's juvenile and crass but the hell with it).

I just hope Alexander can get these guys......eh, nvm.
Reply/Quote
Dalton will need a long snapper to double the depth of the shotgun formation
Reply/Quote
Ryan Hewitt will be the first fullback in history to demand a trade -- and get it.

Even Domata Peko will refuse to block behind this line.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:48 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: We kinda have no choice, but to go run first now. We aren't gonna be able to pass block for any longer than 1.5 seconds on average. 

Too bad we've sucked at run blocking for over a decade.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:52 PM)McC Wrote: Too bad we've sucked at run blocking for over a decade.

That's the truth. On other teams the "Jeremy Hill through the left side B-gap" play on first down would succeed occasionally.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That's the truth. On other teams the "Jeremy Hill through the left side B-gap" play on first down would succeed occasionally.

PA's got them in "Look out!" class right now.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be fine with Dalvin Cook or Fournette in the first round as long as we start working on the OL in the 2nd.

Truth...at least not in this year's draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:48 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: We kinda have no choice, but to go run first now. We aren't gonna be able to pass block for any longer than 1.5 seconds on average. 

No shit.  You think Andy liked to roll out to his right before...He will likely be taking directional shotgun snaps behind the RG to give him a running head start...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No shit.  You think Andy liked to roll out to his right before...He will likely be taking directional shotgun snaps behind the RG to give him a running head start...

I wish I was a fly on the wall at Paul Brown Stadium.

Duke Tobin:  "Mr. Brown, we just lost our left tackle and Andy's blind side is exposed.  What are we going to do now?"

Mike Brown:  "Trade Dalton for future picks and find a left handed quarterback fast!"
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be fine with Dalvin Cook or Fournette in the first round as long as we start working on the OL in the 2nd.

Bumbling free agency may force our hand to take an offensive lineman at 9.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
According to our head coach, we've always been a run first team because we play in the AFC North. Someone forgot to tell Alexander the Great though, because our run blocking sucks every year. I'm sure this problem will all be fixed by swinging and missing on lineman in the draft. It's not Alexander the Great's fault that some players are uncoachable and the ones that are bolt in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Bumbling free agency may force our hand to take an offensive lineman at 9.
There aren't any good OLs in this draft. There is no "Ogeebogee level" talent.  Sad to be a Bengal. Sick  
Reply/Quote
It should never got to this point. The front office should have locked up Whit & Z last year. Way to go "Business Man" Mikey
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would be fine with Dalvin Cook or Fournette in the first round as long as we start working on the OL in the 2nd.

With the 9th pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, The Cincinnati Bengals select Cam Robinson OT. I can almost hear it already. We are going to pass on some really good players this draft.
Reply/Quote