Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"You can't talk Super Bowl....."
Finally heard them say it on NFL radio this morning on the Morning Drive. "You can't talk Super Bowl contenders this year without talking Cincinnati" WHO DEY!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Finally heard them say it on NFL radio this morning on the Morning Drive. "You can't talk Super Bowl contenders this year without talking Cincinnati" WHO DEY!!!!!!!

You can't talk Super Bowl without winning in the playoffs. You can't talk winning in the playoffs until you've made the playoffs. 

Let's focus on making the playoffs. We're 6-0 with a chance to be 7-0, and that's fantastic. But there's an awful lot of football between now and February. For now, let's focus handing Pittsburgh their 3rd or 4th loss. That will go a long way toward clinching that playoff spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:26 PM)Ryuko Wrote: You can't talk Super Bowl without winning in the playoffs. You can't talk winning in the playoffs until you've made the playoffs. 

Let's focus on making the playoffs. We're 6-0 with a chance to be 7-0, and that's fantastic. But there's an awful lot of football between now and February. For now, let's focus handing Pittsburgh their 3rd or 4th loss. That will go a long way toward clinching that playoff spot.

What number are you?

Or are you a coach?

Last time I checked fans don't play so we can focus on anything as we have no skin in any actual game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:26 PM)Ryuko Wrote: You can't talk Super Bowl without winning in the playoffs. You can't talk winning in the playoffs until you've made the playoffs. 

Talk about a buzz kill man. Get out of here with that weak coach speak crap. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:41 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Talk about a buzz kill man. Get out of here with that weak coach speak crap. 

WERE GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL FOR THE NEXT 10 YEYAAAAASSSS!!!!!!

Smirk
Reply/Quote

This is a special football team, and if you wanna be all cynical and miss the fun of the ride that is fine with me, but this is the year they take it all the way. I'm not on the field, i don't to study film and all that shit, all i have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride. WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What number are you?

Or are you a coach?

Last time I checked fans don't play so we can focus on anything as we have no skin in any actual game.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 01:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Finally heard them say it on NFL radio this morning on the Morning Drive. "You can't talk Super Bowl contenders this year without talking Cincinnati" WHO DEY!!!!!!!

It is Sweet walking out of the game against Seattle someone was so excited they were yelling Super Bowl!!  LOL it is nice just to have that feeling/chance this year and not be in the same boat as some teams who are pretty much statistically out of it!!  

WHO DEY!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 03:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: ....

WERE GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL FOR THE NEXT 10 YEYAAAAASSSS!!!!!!

Smirk

You live in Cleveland too?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

It's too early to talk seriously talk Super Bowl.  Our next step is handing Pittsburgh a loss at home.  We are the better team, but we can prove we are mentally strong and ready for the next step when we do this.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What number are you?

Or are you a coach?

Sorry Luvnit2, I like you but I hate the "You're not on the team" posts.  We fans have suffered enough that we can consider ourselves part of the team, especially those of us who have watched 2 Super Bowl losses and suffered the 90s.
Reply/Quote

Before I read any further, let me just wonder aloud how many people will toss out the ol' cliches--one game at a time, can't look ahead, etc. 

The Bengals look as good as anybody.  What's the point of denial?   Took me a while to get to the place where I realize that me getting pumped about this season will not somehow jinx it.  I've got the '88 feeling going right now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:13 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Sorry Luvnit2, I like you but I hate the "You're not on the team" posts.  We fans have suffered enough that we can consider ourselves part of the team, especially those of us who have watched 2 Super Bowl losses and suffered the 90s.

Smell the roses, Bonnie.  We've earned the right.  This is our reward.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Wow. A public beating for being cautiously optimistic. This is some third world bullshit. Stay strong brother, being sensible is nothing to be ashamed of!
Reply/Quote
I'll believe the Superbowl when I see it.. :)
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 07:05 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I'll believe the Superbowl when I see it.. :)

YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN, got to Pittsburgh loser!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 07:08 PM)Utts Wrote: YOU ARE NOT A TRUE FAN, got to Pittsburgh loser!!!

Nothing wrong with not wanting to ahead of yourself yet. However this is the third time this team has ever been 6-0, and for me and many fans not born in the 80's this is amazing, we have never seen it, no reason for us to not wanna get our hopes up. This is a first and I'm gonna enjoy it. Didn't you enjoy that 88 team?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 07:22 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: Nothing wrong with not wanting to ahead of yourself yet. However this is the third time this team has ever been 6-0, and for me and many fans not born in the 80's this is amazing, we have never seen it, no reason for us to not wanna get our hopes up. This is a first and I'm gonna enjoy it. Didn't you enjoy that 88 team?

More than words can express.

Reply/Quote
Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 07:22 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: Nothing wrong with not wanting to ahead of yourself yet. However this is the third time this team has ever been 6-0, and for me and many fans not born in the 80's this is amazing, we have never seen it, no reason for us to not wanna get our hopes up. This is a first and I'm gonna enjoy it. Didn't you enjoy that 88 team?

The 88 team was easier to enjoy since the previous season they were 4-11. This team has raised expectations and pooped themselves in the playoffs over and over, so they have to raise the bar.

In any event, I was just kidding with my comment about him not being a fan.
Reply/Quote