Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"You can't talk Super Bowl....."
(10-20-2015, 08:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't think you really understood his post.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with considering yourself an extension of the team.  Without fans, there would be no team, so without you, there would be no Bengals.  You're definitely part of the team.

BUT...saying that we need to "focus"?  What the hell is a fan focusing on more than one game going to do for the Bengals?  If you focus hard enough, will it pay off? Is talking "super bowl" somehow detrimental to the team?

Focusing on the next game is a player thing. Looking forward to all of the games and talking "what if" is a fan thing.

Unless your focusing includes sneaking ex-lax into the opposing team's breakfast or picking a fight with a star player in a bar, you're not focusing on helping the team win enough.

(10-20-2015, 08:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Precisely.  Any time there's a thread of this nature someone deems it necessary to scold us not to look ahead, to take one game at a time and only focus on the next opponent, blah blah blah.  

We're fans.  It doesn't matter if we look ahead, or run down the schedule, or (gasp) think about  that game in Denver in December.

Well, you know what?  I'm already thinking about the Cleveland game.  Yep, thinking about where I'll park that night.  Where we're going to eat on the way down to PBS.  Over-thinking it, really.  Man, I am just so looking right past Pittsburgh.  ****, I've created a trap game for us Smirk    

(10-21-2015, 09:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bonnie, my point is not that someone is not a part of the team. We are all fans and a part of the team, but we can't control how the team looks at games week to week or the season. The team (players and coaches) is very focused week to week and that is great to see.

My point is as fans our enthusiasm or focus has no bearing on the outcome of any game or any season.

These three dudes are spot on. We have no bearing of games week to week and we should be able to talk about the Superbowl if we feel.

This team has the players to do it and they are 6-0. Hopefully we can just stay healthy and keep this run going straight through Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What number are you?

Or are you a coach?

Last time I checked fans don't play so we can focus on anything as we have no skin in any actual game.

(10-20-2015, 03:41 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Talk about a buzz kill man. Get out of here with that weak coach speak crap. 

(10-21-2015, 01:16 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Always has to be one Debbie downer. Can't we just enjoy the ride. Our favorite team is being mentioned in playoffs contention and super bowl talk let us enjoy it. 

(10-21-2015, 02:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: as fans we are allowed to look into the future

Thank God I posted in this thread, or you guys would have nothing to b!tch talk about.

Of course it's fun to dream about Super Bowl wins. Naturally it's fun to imagine your team winning it all. 6-0 is a spectacular stepping stone to maybe seeing it actually happen. But there are still plenty of steps in between here and there. This thread only slightly less out of place than it would have been after week 1. Or during training camp. Or immediately after the draft. Or following the Colts game. No one wants to talk about what we're all hoping happens until we're on the cusp of it actually happening. It's like the kid who can't sleep in October because he's dreaming about what he might get for Christmas... except Christmas is guaranteed to happen and it's closer to the present than the Super Bowl is. 

It's never to early to dream about it, but getting all excited about a dream is premature and childish... Especially when there's a bona fide reason to be legitimately excited in the here and now. We are 6-0 with a bye week to prepare for our most hated rival. Dream about the Super Bowl all you want. But I want to talk about getting to 7-0. There are too many variables to waste time discussing a potential Super Bowl run. We have 10 weeks of regular season football to get through before the field even shakes out. There's no reason to discuss the road to the Super Bowl before we know the stops along the way. We don't know who our opponents will be, and we don't know who may or may not be injured. There's no analysis to be done. Just a circle-jerk of fans talking about nothing and ganging up on anyone who bothers to point it out.

(10-20-2015, 03:49 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: This is a special football team, and if you wanna be all cynical and miss the fun of the ride that is fine with me, but this is the year they take it all the way. I'm not on the field, i don't to study film and all that shit, all i have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride. WHO DEY!

As for this one, it seems like I am the only one enjoying it. The rest of these guys are a little too excited for the ride to be over. I must be the only one who likes winning more than I like the offseason. Hmm
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 04:09 PM)Ryuko Wrote: Thank God I posted in this thread, or you guys would have nothing to b!tch talk about.

Of course it's fun to dream about Super Bowl wins. Naturally it's fun to imagine your team winning it all. 6-0 is a spectacular stepping stone to maybe seeing it actually happen. But there are still plenty of steps in between here and there. This thread only slightly less out of place than it would have been after week 1. Or during training camp. Or immediately after the draft. Or following the Colts game. No one wants to talk about what we're all hoping happens until we're on the cusp of it actually happening. It's like the kid who can't sleep in October because he's dreaming about what he might get for Christmas... except Christmas is guaranteed to happen and it's closer to the present than the Super Bowl is. 

It's never to early to dream about it, but getting all excited about a dream is premature and childish... Especially when there's a bona fide reason to be legitimately excited in the here and now. We are 6-0 with a bye week to prepare for our most hated rival. Dream about the Super Bowl all you want. But I want to talk about getting to 7-0. There are too many variables to waste time discussing a potential Super Bowl run. We have 10 weeks of regular season football to get through before the field even shakes out. There's no reason to discuss the road to the Super Bowl before we know the stops along the way. We don't know who our opponents will be, and we don't know who may or may not be injured. There's no analysis to be done. Just a circle-jerk of fans talking about nothing and ganging up on anyone who bothers to point it out.

As for this one, it seems like I am the only one enjoying it. The rest of these guys are a little too excited for the ride to be over. I must be the only one who likes winning more than I like the offseason. Hmm

its you acting like us talking about games down the road instead of just the next one will somehow affect the teams preparing for the next game.  If we just talked about the next game especially during a bye week it would be super boring round here
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 04:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its you acting like us talking about games down the road instead of just the next one will somehow affect the teams preparing for the next game.  If we just talked about the next game especially during a bye week it would be super boring round here

When did I act like that? No one wanted to talk about "games down the road". They didn't even want to talk playoffs. They wanted to talk Super Bowl. Here's my post:

(10-20-2015, 01:26 PM)Ryuko Wrote: You can't talk Super Bowl without winning in the playoffs. You can't talk winning in the playoffs until you've made the playoffs. 

Let's focus on making the playoffs. We're 6-0 with a chance to be 7-0, and that's fantastic. But there's an awful lot of football between now and February. For now, let's focus handing Pittsburgh their 3rd or 4th loss. That will go a long way toward clinching that playoff spot.

You guys are skipping to chapter 19 of a book 6 chapters long. I'm mentioned discussing what might happen in chapter 7, 8, or 9 first. I specifically wanted to talk about "games down the road" and everyone got pissy. 

Now tell me what, specifically, you would like to talk about regarding the Super Bowl. Who are we playing? What are the key injuries on both sides? Who did we beat to get there, and who did they beat? Run some stats by me. What happens in the thirteen weeks of football between now and the Super Bowl that will allow us to intelligently discuss who might win it? 
Reply/Quote
Ya know what? Just to prove I'm not a "Debbie Downer", I'll throw a few poorly timed, asinine "discussion points" out so we have something to talk about during the bye.

We're clearly going to win the Super Bowl this year and next year, but can you imagine what would happen if we won so many games in a row that the rest of the NFL banded together and refused to play us anymore?!

There's a chance that a meteor shower this weekend that is going to level all of Pittsburgh while (by a strange coincidence) the smaller stones are going to cause severe damage to the homes and property of everyone across the country who owns a terrible towel. The only debris to affect any other parts of the country will be gold and silver flakes that sloughed off the main body of the meteorites during entry and gently drifted down onto the properties of non-Pittsburgh fans.

What if Mike Brown decides to refund Cincinnati all of the money the stadium cost them plus 50% interest? After that, he'll probably install personal climate control and and beer taps into every seat. Ticket prices will drop to $20 a piece, and will include a free personalized jersey and parking.

Now we have such fun things to discuss!
Reply/Quote
Some may look to the next game, some may look to January. Not sure how this will affect the team, but reading through this thread has me thinking about Bailey Quarters........
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 05:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some may look to the next game, some may look to January. Not sure how this will affect the team, but reading through this thread has me thinking about Bailey Quarters........

Mmm...Bailey Quarters.

[Image: tq9D60G_HomerMmmm.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Let's just take it one game at a time. Not getting my hopes up again.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote