Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'd Have to be Insane to Join Zac Taylor's Staff
So it looks like we're going to be filling a number of coaching positions. And let's assume for this thread that Zac Taylor is coming back.

Who the hell would take a job on this staff, knowing there is very good possibility Taylor doesn't last more than another year? Why would anyone, that has any other options, take a job here?

If Zac Taylor gets shit-canned then that means a new coach, with a whole new group of assistants potentially coming in.

I'm sorry, but if we keep this guy we're almost guaranteeing that we're going to be filling these spots with coaches that have no other comparable options. They'll either be out of work, or they'll be taking on a role here that they couldn't get anywhere else.

Fwiw, I saw in another thread that somewhat posted a link about how we're approachining candidates. It looks like we offering shorter contracts. This tells me the Bengals know that there is a possibility that Zac may not last and they don't want to be on the hook paying assistants if they choose to clean house.

So, again, who the hells takes these jobs? Joining a potential lame duck coach.... Joining a team that is more likely to hurt your resume than help it.... Joining a team that asks their coaches to also handle scouting. ... Joining a team that is rumored to be offering short deals.... Joining a team that isn't known to pay a ton of money to their position coaches.

We're going to be left with the left-overs and under-experienced. Why not just clean house rather than try to piece together a staff with this loser of a head coach?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So it looks like we're going to be filling a number of coaching positions.  And let's assume for this thread that Zac Taylor is coming back.

Who the hell would take a job on this staff, knowing there is very good possibility Taylor doesn't last more than another year?  Why would anyone, that has any other options, take a job here?

If Zac Taylor gets shit-canned then that means a new coach, with a whole new group of assistants potentially coming in.

I'm sorry, but if we keep this guy we're almost guaranteeing that we're going to be filling these spots with coaches that have no other comparable options.  They'll either be out of work, or they'll be taking on a role here that they couldn't get anywhere else.

Fwiw, I saw in another thread that somewhat posted a link about how we're approachining candidates.  It looks like we offering shorter contracts.  This tells me the Bengals know that there is a possibility that Zac may not last and they don't want to be on the hook paying assistants if they choose to clean house.

So, again, who the hells takes these jobs?  Joining a potential lame duck coach....  Joining a team that is more likely to hurt your resume than help it....  Joining a team that asks their coaches to also handle scouting. ... Joining a team that is rumored to be offering short deals.... Joining a team that isn't known to pay a ton of money to their position coaches.

We're going to be left with the left-overs and under-experienced.  Why not just clean house rather than try to piece together a staff with this loser of a head coach?

It's the Mike Brown way; half measures.

They'll can a couple coaches, hire a couple coaches, pick up a couple free agents, draft a couple guys, a bunch of dudes will get hurt, they'll suck again next year and the cycle will continue. 

Mike Brown is like King Midas, only everything he touches turns to shit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
burrow should only come back when there's a new HC, lol
Reply/Quote
Exactly...who would risk leaving a spot for a job that is probably only for one year
Reply/Quote
Yep. We’re going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel. He had enough trouble bringing in good coaches the first time.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: burrow should only come back when there's a new HC, lol

Or when he can finish games and season 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mike Brown is like King Midas, only everything he touches turns to shit.

I knew I shouldn't have accepted that handshake from him.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Or when he can finish games and season 

Just wanted to quote this so he can’t delete it.

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is the best selling point. He's a damn good one, but whether its enough to lure in good coaches remains to be seen.

To ZT's credit, by the time he was hired last year there were slim pickins anyway. All we can hope is that he actually learned from all this and makes good decisions. We're stuck with him for now the way it looks.
Reply/Quote
I do agree... Bengals are in a rough spot.

Sounds like they want to keep Taylor but not give any new coaches coming in a decent contract. Which means we end up with crap assistants.

They need to just go ahead and get rid of Taylor and hire a competent staff
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:05 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Joe Burrow is the best selling point. He's a damn good one, but whether its enough to lure in good coaches remains to be seen.

To ZT's credit, by the time he was hired last year there were slim pickins anyway. All we can hope is that he actually learned from all this and makes good decisions. We're stuck with him for now the way it looks.

Even if that was true he could have brought in new guys this year. Like Flores did with Chan Gailey. It’s apparently more important to Taylor to keep his buddies around though.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Who the hell would take a job on this staff, knowing there is very good possibility Taylor doesn't last more than another year?  Why would anyone, that has any other options, take a job here?

Someone who wants to come in and shine in their new position and put themselves in the conversation for HC?
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.KpK-UbmZBggKQbpQiDMklQHaD4&pid...=355&h=187]

[Image: th?id=OIP.MUHuEYeJ2lS7zRjkdCnKAgHaEK&pid...=281&h=159]

Leave it to the "Pretty Shitty Committee" to find someone
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Someone who wants to come in and shine in their new position and put themselves in the conversation for HC?

I don’t think being a position coach on a losing team usually springboards people into the HC conversation.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Someone who wants to come in and shine in their new position and put themselves in the conversation for HC?

We talkin' Todd Haley and Greg Williams style?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
C'mon.. You guys make it sound like Mike Brown or anyone of his kids have EVER screwed this kind of stuff up EVER.. I just can't believe you all don't have 100% confidence in the Brown family to do the right thing for this team.  Sad After all...they are filthy, stinking rich.. Never forget the credo of republicans everywhere..It's the rich who are the "job creators".. Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Even if that was true he could have brought in new guys this year. Like Flores did with Chan Gailey. It’s apparently more important to Taylor to keep his buddies around though.

I cant deny that. He basically hired his buddies from the failed Miami team because he knew them already. He really didnt have a "HC" worthy resume coming in though. I understand why they hired him they were hoping for the next big hit and to bring the Rams potent offense here. But at this moment, ZT has a lot to prove and on most teams he would've been shitcanned already.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I knew I shouldn't have accepted that handshake from him.

I'm skeeved that you would even consider touching him. *shiver*

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

That's not as easy as you think unless you're already a name brand.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Or when he can finish games and season 

I’d like to see you get up after that hit he took in Washington.
Reply/Quote