Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
You get to add one
(05-12-2022, 01:15 AM)phil413 Wrote: Bradberry is in his prime and takes the secondary to another level. Gotta keep him away from another AFC team.  Tretter has the resume but due to durability he comes in 2nd in this convo, assuming Gronk isn't on the table.

Bradberry would be an ideal guy to sign IMO. 2 year deal.
Reply/Quote
Lots of great options discussed - I'd be pumped if they added a 4th receiver or a defensive lineman or veteran offensive tackle for depth.

For DL, I've always like Aikem Hicks - just a disruptive force on the DL who would probably do really well for the Bengals as part of their DL rotation. Maybe he's interested in playing for a contender at this point in his career on a 1 year contract?

For OL, maybe one of the younger players is the answer at OT (D'Ante Smith?) but would feel better knowing that a veteran would be stepping in should an injury occur at LT or RT
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 08:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a hater of Perine but not a big fan of his running abilities either. For such a big man he tries to finesse too much instead of getting behind his pads and punishing tacklers. He moves really well for his size but not NFL fast enough for his style imo. 

Plus have a hard time forgiving him for not trying to catch that last pass in the SB that Burrow threw in desperation that landed not far from where Perine stood and watched it flutter to the ground. 

Got to think Mixon would have broke his neck trying to catch that pass. Yet Zac loves Perine so what do I know and actually hope all of you are right and RB is not a problem at all. 

Yet my vote still goes for a RB for this particular season. 

Perine is terrible. It's not just his running, but he loses focus at times and makes stupid mistakes. There were multiple times last year where it was obvious he didn't know the play or his assignment. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 11:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Perine is terrible. It's not just his running, but he loses focus at times and makes stupid mistakes. There were multiple times last year where it was obvious he didn't know the play or his assignment. 

Of course I'd love any one of a Bradberry, Tretter, Hicks, Cole signing.
I agree with you. Not sure why RB2 isn't of more importance. I'm hoping to see Evans get a bigger workload this season. And I do like the tape of Jones from Coastal Carolina, hopefully PS for him. But I was hoping to see Perine get some competition. Maybe it's Evans who secures the #2 spot. But there's still going to be some cuts before the start of the season, so maybe RB2 isn't here yet. Will Miami keep all 4 of Edmonds, Michel, Mostert and Gaskin? 
This is the current FA RB list I found.
Any names interest you? 
Barring unforeseen circumstances, I see them proceeding as is. Which is why I'm hoping for a big season from Evans.
Tiger

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can I talk/sign Big Whit off the couch? If everyone stays healthy that would win it I do believe
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 07:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Uhhhhh...no to both of these.  

Currently, our WR4 would be Stanley Morgan.  Morgan has 5 catches for 29 yards on 14 targets for his career.  That's after 3 years in the league.  That's .9 receiving yards/game.  That's a miserable 35.7 catch %.  That's 5.8 yards/catch and 2.8 yards/target.  In his lone career start, he had 1 catch for 8 yards on 2 targets.  His career high for receiving yards in a game is 9.  No, there's no missing zero in that.  9 damn yards....on 4 targets.  Say what you want about Allen, but he's had a 300 yard game and multiple 200 yard games.  Say what you want about Prince, but he's had games where he didn't allow a sack and was at least a serviceable starter.  Morgan hasn't even broken double digits in a game...hell, he's averaging less than 10 yards a year.  Yeah, people like him for ST's and his work ethic.  He's still a complete and utter liability as a position player.  Chase had 8 catches of 40+ yards last year.  Morgan doesn't even have 40 yards for his career.  

If I get one guy, I'm getting Landry.

Statistically, our #4 WR was Mike Thomas. On the depth chart at the end of last season, Morgan was back up to Higgins and Williams the back up to Chase.  Williams played in more games and had more receiving yards.  Morgan only played at WR after Auden Tate was injured.  Morgan made the team as the last WR because he played really well on special teams. The #3 RB Chris Evans had more yards receiving than Morgan and Thomas combined.

If I was picking 1 player.  I would choose in order

1) Bradberry
2) Ogunjobi (if the foot really is ok)
3) Clowney
4) Landry
5) Tretter

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Reading through all the responses, I can see a strong argument to be made for Tretter, as he is probably the BPA overall. I could also see an argument for Hicks, as it is a key position and he is a stud, albeit a little on the old side. Lastly, I could see another speed merchant WR for 4 WR sets and a vertical threat to go with Chase in Will Fuller IV.

This won't be the most popular choice, but I think based on projected cost, and help to the team, I would choose Fuller. Here's why:

Take the stats from the #4 WR out of it. He could get more snaps and run more 4 WR sets and be a vertical threat. Him next to Chase outside, with Chase in the slot is terrifying. Not only could Burrow likely get some big plays from teams overplaying Chase and Higgins, but it could also help open things underneath if teams are playing off. Fuiler can still fly, and the Bengals scouted him in 2016 (I think?) and wanted him but the Texans grabbed him first. His health issues should allow him to be signed on a one-year prove-it deal affordably.

Quality depth and a position we wanted to address in the draft but the value wasn't there.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 02:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If money is not an issue I’d take J C Tretter. Lots can be said for Foles or even Will Fuller but the OL sneaks near top 5 status not top 10 and it sure helps depth in the OL

I absolutely agree.  Make the line elite!!
Reply/Quote
Larry O is my choice.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yesterday on Sirius, because of the release of BRADBURY, the subject was: 1 signing you think your team needs to improve. The crazy thing is I was unsure. Usually I can rattle off 4-5, but we damn sure don't need Bradbury or do we.

Some will point to LG (or C and move Karras to RG), but I think we need to give Jackson one more year. I don't think I'd bench him for the likes of Spain (and I love Spain)

Some will say TE and this has merit if we're talking TE #2. But with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Hayden all in the mix how much of a need is TE#2. WTS I wouldn't be mad if Jimmy Graham wanted to give it one more run with a contender.

IMO at this point you have to look at: The biggest drop off if your starter goes down. So my one is:

NICK FOLES/QB. We know he can lead a team to the Super Bowl if the starter goes down and is a class act.

I like your Foles thought Bfine.

Mine - DeDe Westbrook/WR - I think we need that 4th WR that can come in and help in case one of the big 3 go down for 
any amount of time. We need some speed on the outside besides Chase. I also wouldn't mind bringing in Tretter, Spain or another
OL for competition and depth on the OL.

Same with Ogunjobi at DL once his foot is healed in case Zach Carter isn't as disruptive at 3-tech behind BJ Hill.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yesterday on Sirius, because of the release of BRADBURY, the subject was: 1 signing you think your team needs to improve. The crazy thing is I was unsure. Usually I can rattle off 4-5, but we damn sure don't need Bradbury or do we.

Some will point to LG (or C and move Karras to RG), but I think we need to give Jackson one more year. I don't think I'd bench him for the likes of Spain (and I love Spain)

Some will say TE and this has merit if we're talking TE #2. But with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Hayden all in the mix how much of a need is TE#2. WTS I wouldn't be mad if Jimmy Graham wanted to give it one more run with a contender.

IMO at this point you have to look at: The biggest drop off if your starter goes down. So my one is:

NICK FOLES/QB. We know he can lead a team to the Super Bowl if the starter goes down and is a class act.

Looks like my #1 choice is off the market, as he's agreed to terms with the Colts:
https://nfltraderumors.co/nick-foles-signing-two-year-deal-with-colts/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Trey Flowers to rotate with Hubbard Hendrickson and Ossai. If hes 100% from his injuries last year he would be a solid veteran edge that can step in an produce if someone goes down.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 04:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Flowers to rotate with Hubbard Hendrickson and Ossai. If hes 100% from his injuries last year he would be a solid veteran edge that can step in an produce if someone goes down.

Not to be confused with Bengal Great Tre Flowers. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 04:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not to be confused with Bengal Great Tre Flowers. 

Yes. Common name I guess but yeah would be for another Edge even though I think with Ossai and Hubert coming back 
we aren't as bad off as 4th WR or backup QB like you said. Too bad Foles already got picked up by the Colts.
Reply/Quote
https://nfltraderumors.co/top-2022-nfl-free-agents-list/

Still some players remaining especially on the DL. Wouldn't hurt to have a lnown UT like Richardson while Carter develops.

Ring chasers that don't get what they're looking for could be a bridge player at CB or DT until the rookies come around, or even as known depth at OT or WR. Rudolph still makes a lot of sense for cheap.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 01:04 AM)phil413 Wrote: https://nfltraderumors.co/top-2022-nfl-free-agents-list/

Still some players remaining especially on the DL.  Wouldn't hurt to have a lnown UT like Richardson while Carter develops.  

Ring chasers that don't get what they're looking for could be a bridge player at CB or DT until the rookies come around, or even as known depth at OT or WR.  Rudolph still makes a lot of sense for cheap.

Just off that list. Sheldon Richardson, Gronk, Trey Flowers, Daryl Williams, Akiem Hicks, Duane Brown, TY Hilton, Bobbie Massey,
Tyrell Crosby, Kevin King, Marcus Cannon, JPP, Kyle Rudolph and Fitz should all be in our thoughts. Nice list. Didn't see my guy 
DeDe Westbrook on there, he get picked up by somebody?
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 01:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just off that list. Sheldon Richardson, Gronk, Trey Flowers, Daryl Williams, Akiem Hicks, Duane Brown, TY Hilton, Bobbie Massey,
Tyrell Crosby, Kevin King, Marcus Cannon, JPP, Kyle Rudolph and Fitz should all be in our thoughts. Nice list. Didn't see my guy 
DeDe Westbrook on there, he get picked up by somebody?

DeDe is still available, he just may not be considered a top option. A cursory search shows that he has had 11 catches for 72 yards in the past two seasons combined. I know he suffered a major injury in 2020. Pretty tough. 
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 02:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: DeDe is still available, he just may not be considered a top option. A cursory search shows that he has had 11 catches for 72 yards in the past two seasons combined. I know he suffered a major injury in 2020. Pretty tough. 

Thanks KG. He would have to be clearly 100% to have any interest. When he was in his prime he just seems like the exact 
type of WR we need. But if he is done too bad. Sucks for him.
Reply/Quote
Hicks signed with TB, deal is worth up to 10M for 1yr, but would be interested to see how realistic the escalators are. Deals are still competitive, teams are running out of room though they can get creative. Still think we need another body on DL at least with as long as the season is, even if they think they're settled at OL and WR.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 04:51 PM)phil413 Wrote: Hicks signed with TB, deal is worth up to 10M for 1yr, but would be interested to see how realistic the escalators are.  Deals are still competitive, teams are running out of room though they can get creative.  Still think we need another body on DL at least with as long as the season is, even if they think they're settled at OL and WR.

Cool Phil. Sheldon Richardson could be a nice addition if we don't want to throw Zach Carter into the fire too much as a rookie.

Ogunjobi also might still be a thought if he gets healthy. Would love some vet depth at both OL and WR. Hope they aren't settled
with what they got and don't think they are. Especially a Returner that can also play WR. We were looking at these types in the Draft
it was just a crazy Draft with so many WR's going early. I liked Marcus Cannon in his Draft. Would like Guard depth the most if we go
after an OL. 

Even though D'Ante Smith, Adeniji are listed as Guards I think they are clearly Tackles. Need depth at Guard and I don't think we 
want Spain back after the Super Bowl and what he said after.
Reply/Quote