Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're the OC, what plays do you add...
(01-04-2018, 09:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: Cmon brotha don't hate...take that D7 chord in your profile pix and jam out the "Piano Man Blues"

But I will be on the look out for you for the latest breaking news and post it as soon as I see something! Now....to more important matters...hit the IV chord!

Nice! Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'm still waiting for the Andre ripped off jersey play that scares defenses into submission and they curl up in the fetal position screaming, "MAKE ME UNSEE THAT!"  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't necessarily want to see any specific plays added, or thrown out. What i would like to see is flawless execution of football plays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Some middle ground between a basic zampese offense, and air Coryell

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Throw in the garbage that sideline pass to Gio.

You know the one.

The one where either Andy throws it at his ankles or he gets blown the hell up on if he does catch it.

Not enough time to set up blocks and projected by QB then read by the opposing D like a children's pop up book.

More of getting Gio/Mixon/other RBs out past the LOS in the middle of the field as checkdown or pre-planned pass plays.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't necessarily want to see any specific plays added, or thrown out.  What i would like to see is flawless execution of football plays.

I'd just like to see no more of AJ volleyballing gimme INTs to the other team.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Throw in the garbage that sideline pass to Gio.

You know the one.  

The one where either Andy throws it at his ankles or he gets blown the hell up on if he does catch it.

Not enough time to set up blocks and projected by QB then read by the opposing D like a children's pop up book.

More of getting Gio/Mixon/other RBs out past the LOS in the middle of the field as checkdown or pre-planned pass plays.

Sure do, terrible play. Just gets Gio hurt or causes a fumble/interception.

Need more aggressive playcalling in the middle of the field, go after them the way the Pats do using RB's and TE's.

We have most of the players here, atleast the RB's. If Eifert is back we have the TE's.

If you run these plays right it doesn't hurt your players anymore than that shit play.
Reply/Quote
Several plays anything with both Mixon & Gio on the field.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Any play where Dalton actually throws it in bounds, and a run play where the oline actually blocks.

Joking aside, give us a gio and mixon on the field together. Both can run block and catch.
Reply/Quote
How bout the Annexation of Puerto Rico

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Really we need more designed rollouts, less timing routes (because our present line can't hold the pass rush long enough for timing routes to fully develop) and on all the pass plays the receivers need to learn to break to the ball and keep their eyes on the QB until the ball is released.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Andy does well throwing on the run. 

Are u missing a ninja?    By good at throwing on the run does this consist of Andy throwing it at the sidelines on 3rd down  ?
Reply/Quote
Where should I start? Let me start by giving you some eye opening stats.

Tom Brady threw for more yards than the entire Bengals offense as a whole gained. 4577 yards to 4488.

Who remembers the 5 toughest years in Bengals history, I'm talking about the 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 years. The offense was better every single year, with the exception of 2000. The year Smith was our QB we had 4260 yards of offense. The difference is this team has way too much talent to be playing like the Smith years.

The 0-16 Browns statistically blow us out of the water. In all honesty, we played worst in every way then the Browns, with the exception of our secondary. If not for the 28 INTs, this was an 8-8 team.

Don't believe me look at some of those scores, 21-18 31-28 17-14 12-9 19-10 27-21 28-24. Give them Dalton they may have even went 10-6.

For some reason Marvin Lewis loves to play Mixon and Hill, but Bernard has always seemed to run better than both. I don't understand it either, why the obsession with them?

Does he think you have to be 230 pounds to be effective in the AFC North? Ever heard of James Brooks? What kills me though is that I see Bernard lower his head more than either Hill or Mixon.

Without even batting an eye, if Paul Brown and Bill Walsh was on this team like in the 70s, with the O-Line playing bad, Bernard would of seen at least 100-150 more touches.

Those little swing passes became an extension of the run in the 70s, then it was revolutionary but now it should be common sense. That's entirely on the coaching.

Dalton to me is not the problem, it's the O-Line and coaching. Dalton has been sacked 39, 41 and 46 times in a year. Stats have proven he has the 2nd quickest release. 6.7 yards per an attempt was the lowest since his rookie year. His sack percentage was the 2nd highest in his career 7.3 percent and yards per game was the lowest in his career.

Generally you wanted to be below 6% in sack percentage. Some of the QB's below 6 are Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Jared Goff, Joe Flacco, Case Keenum, Matt Ryan, Derek Carr, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers.

Some of the QB's around Daltons sack percentage DeShone Kizer, Tyrod Taylor, Jacob Brissett, Josh McCown, Trevor Siemian, Mitch Trubisky, Tom Savage, Carson Palmer, Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rogers (Got Hurt Because Of It), Cam Newton, Jameis Winston.

Quarterbacks can play well with higher sack percentages, but generally it means they are playing well despite of, not because of.

Point being that if you give Dalton the time to throw like Drew Brees then he'll play like Drew Brees. Get him beat up and he'll play like he's beat up.

Obviously there's ways to coach around having a poor O-Line but obviously we didn't do that last year.

To answer your question, if Paul Brown was alive this is the prescription he would give us. Get back to the basics. Show up to practice early, leave practice late. Be punctual, get a good night's sleep. Eat 3 solid meals a day. Be professional, take the time to build the team camaraderie. Study the game, to develop yourself to make the least amount of mistakes possible.

Paul Brown said the team that makes the least mental errors will generally win. Remind yourself of why you first fell in love with this game. Tell yourself this, we may not be the most skilled team, but we will be the most prepared team.

You do that and we can win.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
More draws, wheel routes or similar stuff for the RBs, crossing routes. Also wouldn't mind seeing some no huddle/uptempo stuff. No need to milk the clock down and let the defense stop and think about what's coming every time.
Reply/Quote
More plays where Andy throws the ball in bounds giving the WR a chance to catch would be a good start.

Reply/Quote
Student Body Left
Student Body Right
1990s Buffalo Bills Hurry-up Option Play
Play-action
QB position is up for grabs
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If our line is as sh** as it was this year by next season, definitely more play action/QB Boot option plays. Andy is capable of getting big chunks of yards when he scrambles.

Not so much a play, but more deep balls to A.J.... Gotta keep the defense honest. And with him, I think it's a fair 50/50 chance he makes the catch despite the coverage/double teams he faces every game.

More better designed screens to Gio. He's arguably our best player YAC when given the opportunity.

More over the middle plays to Kroft. He's not afraid to take a hit (and he can) and he's not injury prone like Tyler 'I-hurt' (knock on wood).

Lastly, get Ross involved some way, some how. I don't care what he looks like in practice. Some players have that 'on switch' when you get them in the game and he may be one of them. See what the kid can do... Hopefully he can stay healthy next season and be productive (if Marvin gets the stick out of his a** that is...). Sorry, not trying to go off topic.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:42 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Are u missing a ninja?    By good at throwing on the run does this consist of Andy throwing it at the sidelines on 3rd down  ?

True, but if Andy had a better line he wouldn't even have to bother trying to throw on the run.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Andy does well throwing on the run. 

Yes he does. We just have to teach the fans in the first 3 rows how to catch that ball.

Reply/Quote
I would add some 2 back sets. With Gio / Mixon. 
Option for run or pass.

See what Saints is doing with Ingram and Kamara. They use both backs, at same time. Making defence guess what they will do.
Reply/Quote