Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You want a coach that holds players accountable?
Then go after Jay Gruden. After he previously spoke with Swearinger this season about being critical of coaching, he did it again. This time, it cost Swearinger his job. If that ain't drawing a line, and holding players to it, I don't know what is.

https://wtkr.com/2018/12/24/skins-scoop-jay-gruden-responds-to-d-j-swearingers-criticism-of-defensive-coordinator-greg-manusky/

Quote:“We made it pretty clear that we try to keep our business within these walls and we’ve had many talks before about that and unfortunately he chose to go to the media again and talk about his displeasure with some of the calls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I want a head coach that will win playoff games. If he also holds players accountable while doing it, that's just icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
What’s this accountable word you speak of ?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:31 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I want a head coach that will win playoff games. If he also holds players accountable while doing it, that's just icing on the cake.

No coach has won a Super Bowl, until they did.  One trait in common with most Super Bowl winning coaches is accountability.   The ability to hold players responsible for their actions on the field, or off the field.  We've complained for years about a lack of general accountability on this team from the coaching staff.  

Jay Gruden is a man that holds his players accountable to the lines that he establishes.  Prior to losing both of his QBs to season ending injury, the Redskins were in control of their division, and trending upward.  He may or may not have had the parts to make a deep run, I really don't care.  But, what I do like about him is he has a master plan, he draws lines, he holds people accountable to what he has established.  He is the polar opposite of Marv, the players coach.  Jay Gruden is a Coaches coach.

After 16 years of mediocrity with a players coach, it's time we went the opposite direction, and went with a disciplinarian.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I want another Head Coach thread
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I didn’t see where it cost Swearingers job tho, or am I missing something?

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:16 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I didn’t see where it cost Swearingers job tho, or am I missing something?

Put on waivers. Already claimed by Cards.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:16 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I didn’t see where it cost Swearingers job tho, or am I missing something?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/after-critical-comments-coaching-staff-redskins-release-dj-swearinger

Yeah Dog, you missed it.  Swearinger, a Pro-Bowler, was released by the 'skins for his comments.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/after-critical-comments-coaching-staff-redskins-release-dj-swearinger

Yeah Dog, you missed it.  Swearinger, a Pro-Bowler, was released by the 'skins for his comments.

Ok. That wasn’t in the article so that’s why I was confused. Sounds like the right thing to do.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Put on waivers. Already claimed by Cards.

Now, he's the Cardinals' locker room cancer.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've stated this earlier in other threads.

I'm not shouting on the rooftops for a Gruden hire but he's at least got balls.

Not this same passive stuff we keep hearing year after year from Merv.

Gruden would be definitely be a culture change around these parts.

But would he win here? Can anyone, would be the real question, since it all points back to Mike Brown.

I even think Gruden HC + Hue at OC wouldn't be terrible but people like to squeal(like that Freddy ?)about how terrible it would be.

I think getting Marv away from the whole organization is the only thing that would change this passive shit culture he's implemented.

NO FRONT OFFICE FOR MARVIN !!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now, he's the Cardinals' locker room cancer.

Not sure why a team would take him so quickly with disruption like that?

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ok. That wasn’t in the article so that’s why I was confused. Sounds like the right thing to do.

That is the type of immediate accountable action that many have been clamoring for out of Marvin, for as long as he's ever been around here.  Do you think that Gruden would have tolerated Adam Jones many run ins with the law?  How about Vontaze' many run ins with the league office?  Do you think that a coach like Gruden would allow a #9 pick like Ross to cut off routes, and allow passes to bounce off his chest?  Me neither.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is the type of immediate accountable action that many have been clamoring for out of Marvin, for as long as he's ever been around here.  Do you think that Gruden would have tolerated Adam Jones many run ins with the law?  How about Vontaze' many run ins with the league office?  Do you think that a coach like Gruden would allow a #9 pick like Ross to cut off routes, and allow passes to bounce off his chest?  Me neither.  Mellow

Tbf Marvin has held Ross accountable for his bad play. Almost too much at times.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:30 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I've stated this earlier in other threads.

I'm not shouting on the rooftops for a Gruden hire but he's at least got balls.

Not this same passive stuff we keep hearing year after year from Merv.

Gruden would be definitely be a culture change around these parts.

But would he win here?  Can anyone, would be the real question, since it all points back to Mike Brown.

I even think Gruden HC + Hue at OC wouldn't be terrible but people like to squeal(like that Freddy ?)about how terrible it would be.

I think getting Marv away from the whole organization is the only thing that would change this passive shit culture he's implemented.

NO FRONT OFFICE FOR MARVIN !!!!!!!!!!

Honestly?  At this point, I'm hoping for Gruden for HC, Vance Joseph for DC, and Lazor to remain at OC.

Yeah, I understand that many are frustrated with Lazor right now.  But, with an innovative offensive mind like Gruden as HC, they might pair very well together.  I just think that as long as were getting rid of Marvin, Hue should be swept away with also, as they are so much of the same cloth.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That's cool and we probably need some of that around here. That said, I'll never quite get over Gruden's game plan vs Houston when he decided not to throw to AJ Green for an entire half of playoff football.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:38 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly?  At this point, I'm hoping for Gruden for HC, Vance Joseph for DC, and Lazor to remain at OC.

Yeah, I understand that many are frustrated with Lazor right now.  But, with an innovative offensive mind like Gruden as HC, they might pair very well together.  I just think that as long as were getting rid of Marvin, Hue should be swept away with also, as they are so much of the same cloth.

NO LAZOR!!!

Joe Mixon should be leading the AFC in total yds, not just rushing. I want him gone yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf Marvin has held Ross accountable for his bad play. Almost too much at times.

The difference being that an offensive minded coach like Gruden, would make certain that the WR coach was able to reach Ross in a way that he can understand, and get him performing to the best of his abilities.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is the type of immediate accountable action that many have been clamoring for out of Marvin, for as long as he's ever been around here.  Do you think that Gruden would have tolerated Adam Jones many run ins with the law?  How about Vontaze' many run ins with the league office?  Do you think that a coach like Gruden would allow a #9 pick like Ross to cut off routes, and allow passes to bounce off his chest?  Me neither.  Mellow

I’m a true believer in discipline and have been screaming forever that we don’t have that here. This has been the Bengal killer for years. Marvin won’t take accountability for losses, players are free to run the asylum.

Reply/Quote
Marvin holds players accountable plenty.

I'd prefer an owner that held the coaching staff accountable.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote