Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You wonder why attendance is low
This organization doesn’t give a crap about winning. The trade deadline has come and gone and of course this organization does absolutely nothing
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:02 PM)Trademark Wrote: This organization doesn’t give a crap about winning. The trade deadline has come and gone and of course this organization does absolutely nothing

The NFL isn't like the NBA, NHL, or MLB where all the cellar dwellers do a fire sale on high priced vets for picks and prospects.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Attendance is low because Marvin was brought back. The same thing happened in 2011. Sadly, Mike isn't intelligent and/or brave enough to learn from past mistakes Whatever
Reply/Quote
I definitely agree with you. You got to make some kind oplayer moves to get them excited, cordy glenn isnt going to get people excited.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:02 PM)Trademark Wrote: This organization doesn’t give a crap about winning.

Mike Brown must be the greatest football genius in history.

Only 4 teams in the league have won more games than the Bengals this year and Mike Brown accomplished that without even trying.

That is pretty impressive.
Reply/Quote
Really? THAT'S your rebuttal?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Really?  THAT'S your rebuttal?

Yes.  It was a very good one.

Much better than yours.

Noticed you did not even attempt to explain how only 4 teams have more wins than us when we don't even try or care.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown must be the greatest football genius in history.

Only 4 teams in the league have won more games than the Bengals this year and Mike Brown accomplished that without even trying.

But the 8-0 Rams traded for someone .
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown must be the greatest football genius in history.

Anyone wanting incontrovertible evidence that Bengals fans are the most beat down fan base of any professional sports organization in the country look no further than the quoted post above.

My God. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But the 8-0 Rams traded for someone .

One winning season in the last 15 years.

"Oh why can't we be more like the Rams?"
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:44 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Anyone wanting incontrovertible evidence that Bengals fans are the most beat down fan base of any professional sports organization in the country look no further than the quoted post above.

My God. 

So more personal insults but still not even an attempt to disagree with what I actually said.

So sad that there is a certain group here who does not even want to talk about football because they are so obsessed with whining.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So more personal insults but still not even an attempt to disagree with what I actually said.

So sad that there is a certain group here who does not even want to talk about football because they are so obsessed with whining.

Honestly, it's time you take it down a notch with the hypocrisy and doublespeak.  It's a bad look.  
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:02 PM)Trademark Wrote: This organization doesn’t give a crap about winning. The trade deadline has come and gone and of course this organization does absolutely nothing

I think Carson Palmer felt the same way, so he tried to retire.  

(10-30-2018, 07:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But the 8-0 Rams traded for someone .

No sense trying to explain it.  Some organizations just want to get better, so they try to fix what's wrong.  If I was Mike Brown I would've made a trade to improve the defense, but I bet he said, "Hey, there's only 4 teams with more wins than us!  We're good to go."  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Lol I think y'all are missing Fred's point here.

If the organization truly doesn't care, yet is 5-3, then damn they sure are lucky.....

No, the reality is Mike Brown and the Bengals indeed do care about winning. In fact, they care deeply (just like we do!). The difference is that their methods and strategies for fixing the team don't align with many of the fans ideas on how to do so.

It's fine to say that in your opinion the team is not taking the correct steps to become a better team. That's just fine. But to say that they do not care about winning or getting better is just not true.

In fact, we talk about Mike Brown greed all the time.... doesn't winning mean more revenue?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One winning season in the last 15 years.

So hold our 5-3 record sacred while dismissing the only 8-0 team in the league.  Meh, as you wish. I partly get what you are saying, but you have to realize that being 5-3 and having made the playoffs 3 years ago isn't exactly the most compelling argument of competence outside of Cincy.

Though I guess this explains why no matter how well we do people still think we are crap. But hey, it's great to know that any time the Bengals manage to do well Steeler fans saying "Yeah, but we have 6 Super Bowls" is actually the check-mate argument ender they think it is. Ouch.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 07:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One winning season in the last 15 years.

Rams have had 2 super bowl appearances 1 win, and many more playoff wins since Bengals have won a playoff game. I think many people would take the Rams success over the Bengals. There is maybe 1 team in the NFL that people would not take their success over the Bengals and they share the same state.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 09:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Rams have had 2 super bowl appearances 1 win, and many more playoff wins since Bengals have won a playoff game. I think many people would take the Rams success over the Bengals. There is maybe 1 team in the NFL that people would not take their success over the Bengals and they share the same state.

Preach
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol I think y'all are missing Fred's point here.

If the organization truly doesn't care, yet is 5-3, then damn they sure are lucky.....

No, the reality is Mike Brown and the Bengals indeed do care about winning. In fact, they care deeply (just like we do!). The difference is that their methods and strategies for fixing the team don't align with many of the fans ideas on how to do so.

It's fine to say that in your opinion the team is not taking the correct steps to become a better team. That's just fine. But to say that they do not care about winning or getting better is just not true.

In fact, we talk about Mike Brown greed all the time.... doesn't winning mean more revenue?

You can’t have Marvin here this long and expect people to believe winning a Super Bowl is your #1 priority. Mike Brown May really really like to win a Super Bowl, but there’s not a consuming desire to do whatever it takes to win one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 09:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Rams have had 2 super bowl appearances 1 win, and many more playoff wins since Bengals have won a playoff game. I think many people would take the Rams success over the Bengals. There is maybe 1 team in the NFL that people would not take their success over the Bengals and they share the same state.

The Rams have won 6 playoff games since the Bengals won their last.  That's not a lot.  They've also moved twice in that time frame.  They're going balls out because they need to sell season tickets and PSL's to pay for that new stadium.
Reply/Quote

The Bills and Lions would like a word...

Reply/Quote