Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Young QBS would be jealous of AJ right now.
A young QB couldn't dream of a better situation better than aj has going for him right now. Qbs would dream about their first start on a team that has a killer defense. Also 2 good young running backs. Oh ya, you also have a top 5 WR. And a hell of a WR2 in jones. If AJ isn't successful in these few starts we'll have a good evaluation on him. It's not like he's coming into a jaguar or browns starting gig.

Horrible situation with dalton, but I think AJ is going to surprise. I know we'll at least win 2 games, and I see no reason why we don't at least compete in denver.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 02:44 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: A young QB couldn't dream of a better situation better than aj has going for him right now. Qbs would dream about their first start on a team that has a killer defense. Also 2 good young running backs. Oh ya, you also have a top 5 WR. And a hell of a WR2 in jones. If AJ isn't successful in these few starts we'll have a good evaluation on him. It's not like he's coming into a jaguar or browns starting gig.

Horrible situation with dalton, but I think AJ is going to surprise. I know we'll at least win 2 games, and I see no reason why we don't at least compete in denver.

This is the main reason some are not only predicting doom, but low key hoping doom. They see AJ as real competition.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 02:51 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This is the main reason some are not only predicting doom, but low key hoping doom. They see AJ as real competition.

Hmmmm interesting..............!!
Reply/Quote
I can't help but see the similarities between the Bengals and AJM's 1st National Championship team.

On both teams AJM was surrounded by some of the leagues top tier talent.
Both teams use a strong running game with good backs and have a good offensive line.
Both teams could win with their solid Defense and good game management.

This is so similar to what he was trained to do at Alabama that I can see him progressing quickly.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 02:51 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This is the main reason some are not only predicting doom, but low key hoping doom. They see AJ as real competition.

Not really.

People see McCarron for what he is. He isn't going to win us any games. He can only manage them. There's never been a QB competition and to think so is ludicrous. Just because you look decent in preseason means nothing (IE: look at Teddy in preseason). He still has the same weaknesses he had in college.

McCarron isn't competition. He wants to be, but he isn't. Dalton is better than McCarron in every way, and it isn't even close. There is no quarterback competition nor controversy. McCarron is starting for an injured Dalton, not because he's outplayed Dalton in any way.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:02 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: I can't help but see the similarities between the Bengals and AJM's 1st National Championship team.

On both teams AJM was surrounded by some of the leagues top tier talent.
Both teams use a strong running game with good backs and have a good offensive line.
Both teams could win with their solid Defense and good game management.

This is so similar to what he was trained to do at Alabama that I can see him progressing quickly.

ESPN just posted an article essentially saying the same thing...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14371328/the-cincinnati-bengals-built-competitive-even-backup-qb-nfl

Also of note, it wouldn't be a true ESPN article without the subtle jab at Dalton's talent...
"6. Dalton may not be all that he appeared to be."

Bottom line though is that the article is right. This likely will force the Bengals be more run-focused, but McCarron also has a bevy of receiving weapons around him (Green, Jones, Sanu, Eifert, Bernard).

As a young backup QB, you couldn't really ask for a much better set of talent around you.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:33 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not really.

People see McCarron for what he is. He isn't going to win us any games. He can only manage them. There's never been a QB competition and to think so is ludicrous. Just because you look decent in preseason means nothing (IE: look at Teddy in preseason). He still has the same weaknesses he had in college.

McCarron isn't competition. He wants to be, but he isn't. Dalton is better than McCarron in every way, and it isn't even close. There is no quarterback competition nor controversy. McCarron is starting for an injured Dalton, not because he's outplayed Dalton in any way.

Not a real Bengal fan. Youre a fan of someone on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:38 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Not a real Bengal fan. Youre a fan of someone on the Bengals.

Because I said there's no QB controversy? Or that I pointed out his flaws?

I mean, I've pointed out many players flaws. Dalton included.

There is no competition between McCarron and Dalton. Period.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:06 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Because I said there's no QB controversy? Or that I pointed out his flaws?

I think it's because of this that you said..."He isn't going to win us any games. He can only manage them."

If read incorrectly/fast, it sounds like you have no belief in McCarron at all. But what you were likely trying to get across is that you don't think he is going to win games by himself.

Outside of that bit that might have been misread by some people, nothing of what you said was off base.
McCarron will gain valuable experience from the time Dalton will be out, but he still has a lot of growing to do before he could be a relied upon as a quality starting QB in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it's because of this that you said..."He isn't going to win us any games. He can only manage them."

If read incorrectly/fast, it sounds like you have no belief in McCarron at all. But what you were likely trying to get across is that you don't think he is going to win games by himself.

Outside of that bit that might have been misread by some people, nothing of what you said was off base.
McCarron will gain valuable experience from the time Dalton will be out, but he still has a lot of growing to do before he could be a relied upon as a quality starting QB in the NFL.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was saying

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:06 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Because I said there's no QB controversy? Or that I pointed out his flaws?

Because you gave up on the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:38 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Not a real Bengal fan. Youre a fan of someone on the Bengals.

You keep spewing this shit.....yet you don't support someone that starts on this team , and wish for their failure.....ultimately hoping for the failure of this team just to see someone else in that guy's position......hypocrite much?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: You keep spewing this shit.....yet you don't support someone that starts on this team , and wish for their failure.....ultimately hoping for the failure of this team just to see someone else in that guy's position......hypocrite much?

Dalton has 100% of my support. You guys just don't like to see him criticized. Now that he's out for a while we can see who really supports this team and who is really on these boards to attack people with different views. Now that Dalton is on the sidelines you have nothing to talk about. Coincidence?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 02:44 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: A young QB couldn't dream of a better situation better than aj has going for him right now. Qbs would dream about their first start on a team that has a killer defense. Also 2 good young running backs. Oh ya, you also have a top 5 WR. And a hell of a WR2 in jones. If AJ isn't successful in these few starts we'll have a good evaluation on him. It's not like he's coming into a jaguar or browns starting gig.

All very true. He has so many tools around him to succeed in these next 3 weeks. Not many young QB's have
ever had such a talented and deep team around them to start. I also agree that we should beat the Niners and
the Ravens. We can definately compete with Denver, Ossweiler is not that good.

Should be a low scoring game in Denver that either team could win.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:34 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Dalton has 100% of my support. You guys just don't like to see him criticized. Now that he's out for a while we can see who really supports this team and who is really on these boards to attack people with different views. Now that Dalton is on the sidelines you have nothing to talk about. Coincidence?

He has been criticized plenty.....then were realists that said he was a 12-18th ranked QB until this season ( like myself ).....then there were a few homers who were out of their gourds.....then there's folks like you. Mellow

With "support" like yours....who needs enemies? The guy is leading the league in passer rating....there's not much to criticize. That's why YOU were conspicuously absent until game 9.  See how that works?  I remember what you posted on the old boards. Maybe you should take the time to learn the community before you come on here spouting off random shit you haven't a clue about.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: He has been criticized plenty.....then were realists that said he was a 12-18th ranked QB until this season ( like myself ).....then there were a few homers who were out of their gourds.....then there's folks like you. Mellow

With "support" like yours....who needs enemies? The guy is leading the league in passer rating....there's not much to criticize. That's why YOU were conspicuously absent until game 9.  See how that works?  I remember what you posted on the old boards. Maybe you should take the time to learn the community before you come on here spouting off random shit you haven't a clue about.

Only thing conspicuously absent is your thought process. You guys hate when Dalton gets criticized while whaling on any and everything else you think is wrong with the team. That's why Dalton has a thread neatly tucked in the corner.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:48 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Only thing conspicuously absent is your thought process. You guys hate when Dalton gets criticized while whaling on any and everything else you think is wrong with the team. That's why Dalton has a thread neatly tucked in the corner.

.........aaaaannnnnnddddddd you're wrong again.  Why don't you ask Bengalholic why there is a mega thread?

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 06:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: .........aaaaannnnnnddddddd you're wrong again.  Why don't you ask Bengalholic why there is a mega thread?

Hopefully I ain't wrong on AJM bringing us a playoff victory. Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 02:44 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: I see no reason why we don't at least compete in denver.

I see no reason why we don't beat denver. They put up 17 against a horrible chargers D, and put up 12 against a raiders D that we put 30 on.
Reply/Quote

A lot of QBs would love to have the Bengals offensive weapons to work with, not just young ones.

Reply/Quote