Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Biggest Sports Disappointment ???
This definitely takes the cake as far al let downs because I really thought this was their year..

Van exel losing to Michigan in final four

Palmer getting knee destroyed

Kenyon Martin breaking his leg

2015 meltdown.

Reds going 3-0 only to end up losing the series in playoffs.

As a fan of Cincinnati sports, this could probably be a long list if I really thought about it

Edit: after careful consideration there is no order. They all sucked pretty bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am old enough to remember all our Super Bowl losses, but honestly the 2015 playoff loss was the biggest gut punch I ever got from the Bengals.

#2 ranked UT Vols lose 2001 SEC Championship game to #22 ranked LSU and miss out on national Championship game.

#1 ranked Ohio State loses 75 Rose Bowl to UCLA.

2006 Bengals miss playoffs because of botched chip shot FG on last play of regulation. I can't remember if it was a bad snap or if that was the botched XP the final seconds of the game the week before against the Broncos. Those two losses back-to-back were a serious combination.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 01:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am old enough to remember all our Super Bowl losses, but honestly the 2015 playoff loss was the biggest gut punch I ever got from the Bengals.

#2 ranked UT Vols lose 2001 SEC Championship game to #22 ranked LSU and miss out on national Championship game.

#1 ranked Ohio State loses 75 Rose Bowl to UCLA.

2006 Bengals miss playoffs because of botched chip shot FG on last play of regulation. I can't remember if it was a bad snap or if that was the botched XP the final seconds of the game the week before against the Broncos. Those two losses back-to-back were a serious combination.

Wasn't Justin Smith called for a BS penalty vs Tampa that cost us a win in that same season? Then we lost 3 straight at the end in crazy fashion, when we just needed one win to make the playoffs?

We were better than 8-8 that year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This Super Bowl-cause I’ve seen how hard it is to get there.
UK loss to Wisconsin 2015 ending run at perfect season
Tim Krumrie leg injury and the impact on the 89 Super Bowl
1982 Super Bowl
1997 UK loss in OT to Arizona for National Championship.
Reply/Quote
Actually I really have to go with the meltdown in 2015. That was the year we should have made a run at at least a playoff win. We had it and gave it away to our bitter rival in a dirty game. The game proved that we can't out Pittsburg Pittsburg. It eventually led to an evolved approach to beating them which will continue to pay off in dividends for several years though.

I never felt as crushed over a game than that one--mainly because we had it won and the matter in which we let it slip away.

This loss yesterday is nothing compared to that loss. I expected this loss more or less. I expected the oline to get dominated and they did when it mattered most. We overachieved this year and still almost won. There's a lot to look forward to with this young squad. After 2015, we knew we were going to start to lose big pieces of our core. That was the year. This go around we still have a wide window in front of us to win it all--and our team is much better. Not only that, but we have loads of cash and players want to come here to win a super bowl. I'm sure there's lineman in FA that want a ring.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
2004 Stanley Cup game 6, where the Flames were one goal from winning the cup at home. There was a controversial play where the puck looked like it had crossed the red line, however they didn't review it! Of course TB scores in double overtime, and goes on to win in game 7 at home. I hope one day one of my team can win a championship (that I can experience). I have waited so long Sad
Reply/Quote