Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Your Final Four AFC Teams ???
I thought it would actually be more fun to predict your Final Four(AFC) now, rather than after the playoff field is set. Lot of different scenarios are still possible that you can play around with. I'm gonna say(hope) that the Bengals win out and grab the #2 seed. I see KC as #1 , Buffalo as #3 , Jacksonville #4 , LA Chargers #5 , Baltimore #6 , and Miami #7 .

So, I think the most likely result is:
Wildcard Round:

Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Bills
Chargers @ Jaguars

Divisional Round:

Bills @ Bengals
Chargers @ Chiefs

That's my Final Four . ^^^^^

What would be interesting is if the Chargers dropped a game(say, to the Rams), then they could slide to #6 and have to travel to Buffalo instead of Jacksonville. That could send the Ravens to Jacksonville, for a rematch of that thriller a few weeks ago. I could see the Chargers having a shot at upsetting the Bills, which could set up a potential divisional round of Ravens/Jags @ Bengals and Chargers @ Chiefs . But that's more unlikely than the one I predicted above.

Who do you have for your Final Four AFC teams left standing?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
We don't know whether the Ravens or Dolphins will have their starting QB available to them come playoff time.

Tua is in concussion protocol again. This is at least his second concussion in 8 games, but the general public admits it is likely his 3rd concussion, and there's a chance he's shut down for the season.

And then Lamar....I mean, this is the second year in a row that he's gone down with a "minor" injury, and then is just gone for 4+ games. I assume he'll be available for the playoff game, but until he starts playing again, we honestly won't know for sure.

So my final 4 are the same as yours. Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, Chargers.

The Jaguars have a shot at beating the Chargers, but I'd take the Chargers in a coin flip.
Reply/Quote
3 of my final four are of course the Bengals, Bills, and Chiefs. I think the Jaguars are on a roll and it continues til they face one of the big 3.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's fun thinking about Lamar and the Ravens having to go to Buffalo.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 10:56 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We don't know whether the Ravens or Dolphins will have their starting QB available to them come playoff time.

Tua is in concussion protocol again. This is at least his second concussion in 8 games, but the general public admits it is likely his 3rd concussion, and there's a chance he's shut down for the season.

And then Lamar....I mean, this is the second year in a row that he's gone down with a "minor" injury, and then is just gone for 4+ games. I assume he'll be available for the playoff game, but until he starts playing again, we honestly won't know for sure.

So my final 4 are the same as yours. Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, Chargers.

The Jaguars have a shot at beating the Chargers, but I'd take the Chargers in a coin flip.

It's sad but he may be shut down forever. I'm no expert or doctor but I know you can only have so many until it's gets very bad. Steve Young
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:16 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's fun thinking about Lamar and the Ravens having to go to Buffalo.

I believe the Ravens are on borrowed time. 
Reply/Quote
Gotta be different here:
Ravens @ Bengals
Jags @ KC

AFC Championship:
Jags @ Bengals
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:49 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I thought it would actually be more fun to predict your Final Four(AFC) now, rather than after the playoff field is set. Lot of different scenarios are still possible that you can play around with.   I'm gonna say(hope) that the Bengals win out and grab the #2 seed.  I see KC as #1 ,  Buffalo as #3 ,  Jacksonville #4  ,  LA Chargers #5 ,  Baltimore #6 , and Miami #7 .

Wildcard Round:

Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Bills
Chargers @ Jaguars

Divisional  Round:

Bills @ Bengals
Chargers @ Chiefs

That's my Final Four .   ^^^^^

What would be interesting is if the Chargers dropped a game(say, to the Rams), then they could slide to #6 and have  to travel to Buffalo instead of Jacksonville. That could send the Ravens to Jacksonville, for a rematch of that thriller a few weeks ago. I could see the Chargers having a shot at upsetting the Bills, which could set up a potential divisional round of  Ravens/Jags @ Bengals  and Chargers @ Chiefs .  But that's more unlikely than the one I predicted above.

I dont want to see Bengals vs LA Chargers in playoffs. To me they are the scariest team in AFC for Bengals. They present some serious matchup problems with Mack VS Adeniji and now (Bosa is set to return) VS Jonah . Also, they have those big WRs (Williams and Allen) that we seem to have issues with .  + Herbert is just an impressive and hungry young QB.... id actually prefer the Chiefs or Bills just because I feel we match up better.    
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 04:49 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I thought it would actually be more fun to predict your Final Four(AFC) now, rather than after the playoff field is set. Lot of different scenarios are still possible that you can play around with.   I'm gonna say(hope) that the Bengals win out and grab the #2 seed.  I see KC as #1 ,  Buffalo as #3 ,  Jacksonville #4  ,  LA Chargers #5 ,  Baltimore #6 , and Miami #7 .

Wildcard Round:

Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Bills
Chargers @ Jaguars

Divisional  Round:

Bills @ Bengals
Chargers @ Chiefs

That's my Final Four .   ^^^^^

What would be interesting is if the Chargers dropped a game(say, to the Rams), then they could slide to #6 and have  to travel to Buffalo instead of Jacksonville. That could send the Ravens to Jacksonville, for a rematch of that thriller a few weeks ago. I could see the Chargers having a shot at upsetting the Bills, which could set up a potential divisional round of  Ravens/Jags @ Bengals  and Chargers @ Chiefs .  But that's more unlikely than the one I predicted above.

Good stuff.  I love the ESPN Playoff Machine.  It does all the calculations and you just click your projected winners.  I went with the Jets in a few games because I think they still have a shot with Mike White if he returns.  Big game for the Jets @ Seattle this weekend.  Then I think if they win that, they knock off Miami for the final spot.  2022 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

My first round looks like this (based entirely on predictions, not hope of losses for a team like KC):

Jets @ Bengals
Rats @ Bills
Chargers @ Jags

So, my final four would be: 

Jags @ Bengals 
Bills @ KC

Should the unthinkable happen (damn, they are so lucky) and either Dumpster Fire Denver beats KC, or The Fighting Josh McDaniels beat them, it would look like this:

Jets @ Bills (would actually be a good game)
Rats @ KC (llaugher)
Charges @ Jags

And my final four in that scenario would be:

Jags @ Bengals
KC @ Bills
Reply/Quote
The correct answer is Bengals + Bills + Chiefs + either Chargers or Jaguars. Seeding could make this shake out just a bit differently, but these are the 4/5 best teams.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe the Ravens are on borrowed time. 

I can't see them being favored against ANY opponent.  
Reply/Quote
Looking at the schedules of the teams who aren't locked in yet, I think the Jags win the AFC South.
I would normally say the Dolphins get that last wildcard spot, but I'm not sure now that Tua is in concussion protocol again.
They do "just" have the Jets and Patriots left though, both of whom are beatable.

I never thought I'd say this, but the Steelers somehow have a (decent?) chance to make the playoffs if they can somehow win out and the Patriots, Dolphins, and Jets are not tied with them. All those teams have the H2H against the Steelers.
The only way for the Bengals to win the AFC North over the Ravens before the final game of the season is for the Ravens to lose to the Steelers and Bengals beat the Bills. So we might be (never thought I'd say this) rooting for the Steelers to win this coming weekend.
Then the Steelers play the Browns, so we should definitely root for the Browns to win that game so the Steelers have a losing record for the first time in about 15 years.

If I had to say gut feeling, I'd say the Dolphins squeak into that 7 seed.

What I would then put the seeding is:
1) Bills (14-3) - win out
2) Chiefs (14-3) - win out
3) Bengals (12-5) - lose to Bills, beat Ravens
4) Jags (9-8) - win out
5) Chargers (11-6) - win out
6) Ravens (11-6) - beat Steelers, lose to Bengals
7) Dolphins (9-8) - loses to NE, beat Jets

Ravens @ Bengals wildcard weekend
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff.  I love the ESPN Playoff Machine.  It does all the calculations and you just click your projected winners.  I went with the Jets in a few games because I think they still have a shot with Mike White if he returns.  Big game for the Jets @ Seattle this weekend.  Then I think if they win that, they knock off Miami for the final spot.  2022 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

My first round looks like this (based entirely on predictions, not hope of losses for a team like KC):

Jets @ Bengals
Rats @ Bills
Chargers @ Jags

So, my final four would be: 

Jags @ Bengals 
Bills @ KC

Should the unthinkable happen (damn, they are so lucky) and either Dumpster Fire Denver beats KC, or The Fighting Josh McDaniels beat them, it would look like this:

Jets @ Bills (would actually be a good game)
Rats @ KC (llaugher)
Charges @ Jags

And my final four in that scenario would be:

Jags @ Bengals
KC @ Bills

I’d be thrilled with any scenario that doesn’t involve the Bengals playing KC or Buffalo until the AFC Championship game!

My conservative estimate where we lose a coin flip to Buffalo this week and everything else is pretty much chalk:
Dolphins at KC
Ravens at Bengals (2nd week in a row)
Chargers at Jags

Then final 4:
Bengals at KC
Chargers at Buffalo

Might as well finish it out:
Bengals get revenge on Buffalo in championship game.
Bengals win in return to SB over Minnesota (I’m not crazy high on Minny but the way my predictor set up the NFC playoffs I could see them making it. They’d need a perfect path to make it though imo)
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Gotta be different here:
Ravens @ Bengals
Jags @ KC

AFC Championship:
Jags @ Bengals

I'd give $1000 right now for you to be right. Would love that scenario!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Chargers, Chiefs, Bills, Jags

Obviously, Bengals being omitted. I just think they are struggling to find complete games in all phases and that will bite them this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Looking at the schedules of the teams who aren't locked in yet, I think the Jags win the AFC South.
I would normally say the Dolphins get that last wildcard spot, but I'm not sure now that Tua is in concussion protocol again.
They do "just" have the Jets and Patriots left though, both of whom are beatable.

I never thought I'd say this, but the Steelers somehow have a (decent?) chance to make the playoffs if they can somehow win out and the Patriots, Dolphins, and Jets are not tied with them. All those teams have the H2H against the Steelers.
The only way for the Bengals to win the AFC North over the Ravens before the final game of the season is for the Ravens to lose to the Steelers and Bengals beat the Bills. So we might be (never thought I'd say this) rooting for the Steelers to win this coming weekend.
Then the Steelers play the Browns, so we should definitely root for the Browns to win that game so the Steelers have a losing record for the first time in about 15 years.

If I had to say gut feeling, I'd say the Dolphins squeak into that 7 seed.

What I would then put the seeding is:
1) Bills (14-3) - win out
2) Chiefs (14-3) - win out
3) Bengals (12-5) - lose to Bills, beat Ravens
4) Jags (9-8) - win out
5) Chargers (11-6) - win out
6) Ravens (11-6) - beat Steelers, lose to Bengals
7) Dolphins (9-8) - loses to NE, beat Jets

Ravens @ Bengals wildcard weekend

Interesting analysis and very possible.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Bills v Jaguars
Chiefs v Chargers

Can't help but shake this feeling that it's not our year. Don't know why.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:58 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Bills v Jaguars
Chiefs v Chargers

Can't help but shake this feeling that it's not our year.  Don't know why.

But who's gonna bite us in the WC round?   Dolphins, w/o Tua ?   Ravens ?  Jets?   I don't see that happening.  The Chargers could beat us but we likely won't see them in the WC round unless they lose a game to either the Rams or Denver.  We could lose in the Div. Round but I don't see us not making the Final Four.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:42 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I'd give $1000 right now for you to be right. Would love that scenario!!!

I went with the 2 hot teams in the AFC right now.
Reply/Quote
Bills stay at 1

7th pats vs. 2 KC
6th ravens vs. 3 Cincy
5th LA vs. Jags

KC vs. LA
Bills vs. Cincy

LA vs Cincy

We end up with 2 home games
Reply/Quote