Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Personal Free Agent Prediction Headline
"Bengals Value Leadership" this will be the narrative once they re-sign Whitworth, Peko, and Winston. I think signing Whit should be priority but no way should Peko return and Winston should be a guy you wait and see on after the draft. We will hear how they just couldn't match the money for Zeitler and Kirkpatrick event though they could easily cut Pacman and Mauluaga. They could even spend on an outside Free Agent or two after cutting those guys and still retaining Whitworth, Zeitler, and Kirkpatrick. I am just trying to get my complaining out of the way now so I don't have to get on here too much later today....lol
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 12:49 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: "Bengals Value Leadership" this will be the narrative once they re-sign Whitworth, Peko, and Winston. I think signing Whit should be priority but no way should Peko return and Winston should be a guy you wait and see on after the draft. We will hear how they just couldn't match the money for Zeitler and Kirkpatrick event though they could easily cut Pacman and Mauluaga. They could even spend on an outside Free Agent or two after cutting those guys and still retaining Whitworth, Zeitler, and Kirkpatrick. I am just trying to get my complaining out of the way now so I don't have to get on here too much later today....lol

Could, but won't. Model model, expect when Mikey Brown doesn't want to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Oh well we tried- Geoff Hobson
The Bengals missed out on the Big three but can you blame them Whitworth is old and wanted to play for contender there is no way we could match that even though we have one of the best rosters over the past 5 seasons then Bengal front office didn't think it was worth the try. Zeitler might have been the best Offensive lineman on the team but he is a guard and not a tackle so the Bengals can't sign them because Mike Brown still thinks it 1996. Well the Bengal forgot about Dre because Pacman is so Awesome.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Oh well we tried- Geoff Hobson
The Bengals missed out on the Big three but can you blame them Whitworth is old and wanted to play for contender there is no way we could match that even though we have one of the best rosters over the past 5 seasons then Bengal front office didn't think it was worth the try. Zeitler might have been the best Offensive lineman on the team but he is a guard and not a tackle so the Bengals can't sign them because Mike Brown still thinks it 1996. Well the Bengal forgot about Dre because Pacman is so Awesome.

But don't worry, Peko, LaFell, and TJ Johnson are back! Ninja

Also, to the bolded...
[Image: tumblr_mnttyo1FhM1stefago1_400.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Oh well we tried- Geoff Hobson

Ithis what hobson would say lol
Reply/Quote
Andrew Whitworth goes to X Superbowl Contender...

Zeitler gets paid up big time by up and coming team!

Kirkpatrick joins rival team!

Bengals resign Eric Winston & try to sign a wide receiver with less than 1,000 yards in his whole 6 year career.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
"Bengals lose all their Free Agents except Peko and Peerman." It just wouldn't have been responsible to give them the kind of money they got on the open market.

Marvin Lewis reiterates that the OLine is not a concern. In related news, Andy Dalton announces his retirement.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But don't worry, Peko, LaFell, and TJ Johnson are back! Ninja

Also, to the bolded...
[Image: tumblr_mnttyo1FhM1stefago1_400.gif]

I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that. Rep to you.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
"Corner(ing) the Draft: Bengals Let Fitzpatrick Walk in Wake of Loaded CB Class" Bengals "wisely" choose not overpay Fitz; expected to draft his replacement from "best selection of CB talent in recent memory" to join the other "three first-round CBs" on the roster.

"Youth Movement: Loss of Key O-line Pieces Moves Former First and Second Round Picks into Presumptive Starting Roles" Accurately predicting that they would be "unable" to resign Whit and Zeitler, Bengals "shrewdly" already have their replacements on the roster, permitting them to "reload" their O-line with the "highly-touted" 2015 picks.

And a few weeks later:

"Loss of Key FAs Should Reap Significant Compensatory Draft Picks in 2018" (maybe two 3rd rounders!!) followed by a puff piece on TJ Johnson, a former comp pick who has provided great value due to his versatility and veteran leadership ...

Lord, I hope not ...
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:13 PM)shanebo Wrote: "Corner(ing) the Draft:  Bengals Let Fitzpatrick Walk in Wake of Loaded CB Class"  Bengals "wisely" choose not overpay Fitz; expected to draft his replacement from "best selection of CB talent in recent memory" to join the other "three first-round CBs" on the roster.

"Youth Movement:  Loss of Key O-line Pieces Moves Former First and Second Round Picks into Presumptive Starting Roles"  Accurately predicting that they would be "unable" to resign Whit and Zeitler, Bengals "shrewdly" already have their replacements on the roster, permitting them to "reload" their O-line with the "highly-touted" 2015 picks.

And a few weeks later:

"Loss of Key FAs Should Reap Significant Compensatory Draft Picks in 2018" (maybe two 3rd rounders!!) followed by a puff piece on TJ Johnson, a former comp pick who has provided great value due to his versatility and veteran leadership ...

Lord, I hope not ...

This post has some merit, except for the fact that Dre Kirkpatrick is the free agent cornerback... Fitzpatrick left the Bengals years ago and is now a free agent quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:44 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This post has some merit, except for the fact that Dre Kirkpatrick is the free agent cornerback... Fitzpatrick left the Bengals years ago and is now a free agent quarterback.

What I say?  LOL ... thx for the fix.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:51 PM)shanebo Wrote: What I say?  LOL ... thx for the fix.

TOO MANY PATRICKS!
[Image: Patrick_Star.png]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
What I'm expecting to read on Bengals.com? "Bengals decide to move on from Whitworth, Zeitler"

What I'm expecting to read on NFL.com? "Whitworth, Zeitler move on from Bengals"
Reply/Quote
Not sure why everyone's so worked up today. Free agency doesn't start for another two weeks for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
"Bengals give nod to Ced, Shaw, and Hopkins as they turn focus on the Draft".

"Mike Brown shows faith in youth movement".

"Bengals kicking tires on free agent Mario Williams, as he looks to regain Houston form"

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 04:19 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Not sure why everyone's so worked up today.  Free agency doesn't start for another two weeks for the Bengals.

Good point.  In another 10 days we'll hear that they are going to "kick the tires" on some lower tier free agents and others who have been released, but won't effect the compensatory picks next year.
Reply/Quote
lots of wisdom and gallows humor in this thread.

All three are gone.

AJ, Geno and Dalton will want out

But we will have lots of money to roll over and pay cheap rookie contracts to 11 draft picks
Reply/Quote
Dine-Namic Youth Look to Ignite Zampese's Offense In Year 2.

After signing a 6-year 50 million dollar extension, Russell Bodine finds himself in a place many young Bengal linemen have in the team's history. Anthony Munoz. Willie Anderson. Andrew Whitworth. Now, Bodine inherits the mantle of leader on Andy Dalton's front line heading into 2017.

Longtime o-line coach Paul Alexander beamed with pride and had a little crow to serve to the fans of the team, often critical of the oft-embattled center. "You see, people, just because you suck doesn't mean you can't keep sucking and still get paid! Get used to watching my boy Russell here doing his best and getting participation medals for the foreseeable future, b/c if you think he sucks, wait till you see the guys we surround him with!."

Bodine joins yet another list of Bengal starters who inexplicably got extensions based on things like leadership, long hair, or simply being able to put on a Bengals jersey without crapping his pants for 3 or 4 years. Rey Maualuga and Domata Peko, he of the 2-year 8 mil extension agreed with Alexander. "You can't have a team full of guys that are good at football. Sometimes you need fat guys and sometimes you need slow guys. Sometimes you need guys that don't stay in shape in the offseason to show the young guys just how much shit you can get away with when you commit to this joke franchise. Russell's strength is that he's horribly suited to our division's 3-4 defenses, but he still keeps going. Sucking away despite the negativity. There's value there. Sometimes you need to let good players go to keep guys. Guys who are guys win titles, and you can't let them go just because they suck and cost you ballgames". Said Peko.

Model Model continues in Cincy and it's a thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 12:49 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: "Bengals Value Leadership" this will be the narrative once they re-sign Whitworth, Peko, and Winston. I think signing Whit should be priority but no way should Peko return and Winston should be a guy you wait and see on after the draft. We will hear how they just couldn't match the money for Zeitler and Kirkpatrick event though they could easily cut Pacman and Mauluaga. They could even spend on an outside Free Agent or two after cutting those guys and still retaining Whitworth, Zeitler, and Kirkpatrick. I am just trying to get my complaining out of the way now so I don't have to get on here too much later today....lol

I think you could BE Hobspin.  If that's not the headline, it will be close.  
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 05:25 PM)samhain Wrote: Dine-Namic Youth Look to Ignite Zampese's Offense In Year 2.

After signing a 6-year 50 million dollar extension, Russell Bodine finds himself in a place many young Bengal linemen have in the team's history.  Anthony Munoz.  Willie Anderson.  Andrew Whitworth.  Now, Bodine inherits the mantle of leader on Andy Dalton's front line heading into 2017.  

Longtime o-line coach Paul Alexander beamed with pride and had a little crow to serve to the fans of the team, often critical of the oft-embattled center.  "You see, people, just because you suck doesn't mean you can't keep sucking and still get paid!  Get used to watching my boy Russell here doing his best and getting participation medals for the foreseeable future, b/c if you think he sucks, wait till you see the guys we surround him with!."

Bodine joins yet another list of Bengal starters who inexplicably got extensions based on things like leadership, long hair, or simply being able to put on a Bengals jersey without crapping his pants for 3 or 4 years.  Rey Maualuga and Domata Peko, he of the 2-year 8 mil extension agreed with Alexander.  "You can't have a team full of guys that are good at football.  Sometimes you need fat guys and sometimes you need slow guys.  Sometimes you need guys that don't stay in shape in the offseason to show the young guys just how much shit you can get away with when you commit to this joke franchise.  Russell's strength is that he's horribly suited to our division's 3-4 defenses, but he still keeps going.  Sucking away despite the negativity.  There's value there.  Sometimes you need to let good players go to keep guys.  Guys who are guys win titles, and you can't let them go just because they suck and cost you ballgames".  Said Peko.

Model Model continues in Cincy and it's a thing of beauty.

You forgot the part where he got Livings and Collins fat contracts.

"Bengals Look to the Future as They Let Quality Veterans Leave to Save Money for 2020's Draft Picks"

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote