Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Taxes Buy Billionaires Stadiums, They Charge $7 For A Hot Dog Obama Says No More
(02-12-2016, 05:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Tax reform is nice and should be applauded.    But this is like putting black magic on the bald Tires of a beater car.

I don't know if the racial aspect was intended, but...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-12-2016, 02:34 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Muni bonds usually issued (I think) to fund this are tax free to the investor.

But the issuing corp can also deduct that interest from net income when it comes to taxes.

Interest you or a company pays is deductable from the year end tax liability.

Interest you or a company make is taxed as regular income. Muni bonds are special because the interest you recieve from them are exempt from federal taxes. And I imagine every state exempts them from state tax because they actually want the bonds to sell.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(02-12-2016, 06:58 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't know if the racial aspect was intended, but...

Lol

Na just tire stuff
(02-12-2016, 07:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol

Na just tire stuff

Is it the same company that makes this ?
Ninja

[Image: TransmissionMagic_HomePageGraphic.jpg]
(02-12-2016, 08:03 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Is it the same company that makes this ?
Ninja

[Image: TransmissionMagic_HomePageGraphic.jpg]

Lol this made my night. Ty my friend haha
(02-12-2016, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  Just as many new happy fans in the city that gets the team as there are mad fans in the city that loses one.

I guess it depends on how often teams move.  I assume if the Bengals moved to San Antonio and 3 years later the Jaguars moved to Datyon the NFL in southern Ohio would take a hit for a while.  Perhaps not.  Get your Bort Bortles Dayton Jaguars jersey and forget about the Bengals today!
They wouldn't sell them for that much if people weren't willing to spend that much.

I know which vendors to go to outside the game for $1.50 dogs, $4 italian sausages, and $4 Natty Bohs. I don't spend money inside.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I can't remember the last time I purchased anything with a pro-sports logo on it or from anywhere pro-sports related. And things like this remind me why.
(02-12-2016, 08:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol this made my night.   Ty my friend haha

Np !
ThumbsUp
(02-12-2016, 07:05 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Interest you or a company pays is deductable from the year end tax liability.

Interest you or a company make is taxed as regular income. Muni bonds are special because the interest you recieve from them are exempt from federal taxes. And I imagine every state exempts them from state tax because they actually want the bonds to sell.

I understand all that.

There's something else here that makes it a target, I assume.  Some special tax asset treatment where the Corp deducts the interest, and the holder deducts the income (I assume).  Because we both agree that debt interest is a standard Corp tax deduction, as is rent (which, in this case, is a related issue).

Nevertheless, local taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing NFL stadiums.  And federal taxpayers absolutely not.
(02-13-2016, 08:22 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Nevertheless, local taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing NFL stadiums.  And federal taxpayers absolutely not.

It isn't just the NFL.  Many big businesses get tax breaks to either move to or remain in a city.