Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Top 3 Choices For Tonight
Knowing that guys like Murray, Haskins, Bosa, Q. Williams, Allen, Oliver, White are probably 7 guys that regardless of trades are likely to be off the board when the Bengals select....who would be the next three players that you would be happiest with the Bengals selecting tonight...

Mine would be

1. Jonah Williams - A multi-year captain at Alabama that could play any position on the line and likely be an upgrade at any of the 5 spots compared to what we have now would be a great selection. Glenn and Price have been injured a lot the past year while Hart is awful and Miller is new and a question mark. Boling is a very good Left Guard but Williams would likely be even better than him there if asked.

2. Devin Bush - Bush isn't my favorite prospect by any means because he gets wiped out in traffic among bigger lineman but his athletic ability and leadership mixed with the giant hole we have at Linebacker make him a high priority target for the Bengals. A lot of talk he might not be there at #11 now but if there are trades for Quarterbacks and Offensive Tackles in front of the Bengals then anything is possible still.

3. TJ Hockenson - Another player that could go 7th or 8th in this draft but could be available at #11. I don't see the Bengals actually taking a Tight End that early but Hockenson is the rare all around Tight End that would be an immediate impact player for both the run game and his ability to catch the football. Eifert just unfortunately can never stay healthy and adding that one more dynamic piece to the Offense would be excited.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
1 - Devin White
2 - Devin Bush
3 - Christian Wilkins/Ed Oliver

I think we need to find the new leader/face of the defense with Burfict gone and there are some pretty good Oline available in rds 2-3.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 01:48 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Knowing that guys like Murray, Haskins, Bosa, Q. Williams, Allen, Oliver, White are probably 7 guys that regardless of trades are likely to be off the board when the Bengals select....who would be the next three players that you would be happiest with the Bengals selecting tonight...

Mine would be

1. Jonah Williams - A multi-year captain at Alabama that could play any position on the line and likely be an upgrade at any of the 5 spots compared to what we have now would be a great selection. Glenn and Price have been injured a lot the past year while Hart is awful and Miller is new and a question mark. Boling is a very good Left Guard but Williams would likely be even better than him there if asked.

2. Devin Bush - Bush isn't my favorite prospect by any means because he gets wiped out in traffic among bigger lineman but his athletic ability and leadership mixed with the giant hole we have at Linebacker make him a high priority target for the Bengals. A lot of talk he might not be there at #11 now but if there are trades for Quarterbacks and Offensive Tackles in front of the Bengals then anything is possible still.

3. TJ Hockenson - Another player that could go 7th or 8th in this draft but could be available at #11. I don't see the Bengals actually taking a Tight End that early but Hockenson is the rare all around Tight End that would be an immediate impact player for both the run game and his ability to catch the football. Eifert just unfortunately can never stay healthy and adding that one more dynamic piece to the Offense would be excited.

For me, you have knocked it out of the park.  This would definitely be my top 3.  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: 1 - Devin White
2 - Devin Bush
3 - Christian Wilkins

Forgot about Wilkins....he's up there, like Lawrence as well.  There's a glut of d talent in this draft.  I feel we need to get in on some of that action.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Devin White
Ed Oliver
Christian Wilkins
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: 1 - Devin White
2 - Devin Bush
3 - Christian Wilkins

Yup. Left Ed off because he's ok, but I like Wilkins much better.

Our offense is serviceable, our defense needs a facelift. This is a great draft to do that. Go big, go young and break from the stereotype of a Marvin Lewis defense (hobbled together by journeymen and veterans designed to reduce the number of big plays given up, but give up something on every play). 
Reply/Quote
White.
Bush.
Trade Back.

Defense needs to be fixed first and foremost and this draft is stacked with OT's who will be there with our second pick....Pretty simple to me.
Reply/Quote
3. Brunette
2. Blonde
1. Blonde and brunette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'd stay true to my board and go:
1. Devin Bush
I think Bush is the best possible (realistic) scenario for us simply because LB is a painfully weak spot on our team. To the point that we really really do need a day 1 impact starter there for us to have any hope of success in 2019. Bush is that. He may not be the 11th best player in the draft, but the gap between him and the next best linebacker is probably the single largest talent gap among position groups in this entire draft, easily. That makes him worth the pick to me.

2. Cody Ford
If this were Jonah Williams, I wouldn't be too upset. I think Ford is nastier and could definitely stick at RT, whereas Williams may be forced to slide inside to guard, but either one would be a very nice pick up in my opinion. Ford may be a reach here, but I honestly don't think we can escape the "reach" title for our selection if we decide to stick at 11. There's basically 7 elite prospects in this draft: Q. Williams, Bosa, Allen, White, Oliver, Murray, Haskins. And they all project to be gone. So we'll have a good group to choose from, but there is no slam dunk pick for us unless one of those elite prospect falls. I'll take Ford here and feel good about it. I'll feel even better if we can trade down a few picks and still get him.

3. Jawaan Taylor
Between Taylor and Dillard, I like Taylor a bit more. They both have good footwork and pass protection reps, but Taylor is more physical than Dillard and could probably start at RT tomorrow, whereas Dillard needs some coaching before I'd be comfortable trotting him out on the field at all. Dillard has a higher ceiling, as he can fit at LT if he reaches his potential, but his floor is exponentially lower. We're talking Ogbuehi level floor. Dillard needs to completely revamp his hand placement and run blocking before he can even play, let alone start.
Reply/Quote
Bush is a fantastic player. Probably a better player than White. No surprise there Steelers are trying to trade up into the top 10 to get him ahead of Denver and Cincy.

But I'd be happy with about 3 different OTs and some D-Linemen as well.
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams- plug him in at RT or LT for the next 10 years and will be golden
Devin Bush- Odell Athletic with Vontaz energy and smarts
Jeffery Simmons- top 5 Talent before ACL injury might miss season but future very bright.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well 2 out of my 3 were gone close to our pick which wasn't a surprise because everyone thought Bush at 10 just not to the Steelers and I mentioned Hockenson had a shot to go 7th or 8th which he did. We did have Haskins available out of my initial list of players I thought would be gone. With that said, wow that draft turned out great for the Bengals. Jonah Williams is a fantastic pick and will start somewhere on this line immediately. The only reason the Williams pick may not seem like a slam dunk is if the Bengals landed Bush and then at #42 today they still would have potentially had a shot at Risner, Ford, or Taylor for Offensive Line.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote