0 0%
Total 73 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your gut feeling this season
Crap shoot actually

but went with winning playoff game.

If we do win playoff game, anything is possible after that monkey is ripped off back and could go deep.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 12:26 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I honestly think you will get to the Superbowl. I hope so anyway, hate hate the Patriots and really just hope they have the worst year ever. Sick of the Steelers as well. I don't think Denver will do much either with a 2nd year QB.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Bengals Vs Raiders
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 01:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's the line man.....they were a sieve last season. They have a TON of improving to do to make us a legit contender.  It all starts in the trenches.  If they can't open up holes for the run game.....yet again.....the defense will tee off on the pass rush, no matter how well Dalton reads.  He is very good at that, no doubt, but if they're in the backfield as fast as they were last season, it won't matter.  This season hinges on line play.  I don't think they're bad enough to keep us from 8 wins.....but I'm not convinced they're good enough to get us much more than that.

Mostly agree Wyche, just hoping they can somehow overcome.

(08-07-2017, 01:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: O-line costs us 3 wins and we finish 8-8. Dead cat bounce gets Marv another extension.

That's my biggest fear Shake.

(08-07-2017, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This doesn't sound like a "gut feeling," it sounds like a hope.

True, I guess it is a hope and a prayer.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Seriously? Looks to me you have not changed a bit from the gloom and doom. 

What have the 2017 Bengals done, on the field, to change anyone's opinion of what they've done in the past?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
When our best o-lineman is Boling going into the season, I dont know how well that will bode for the season, regardless of the talent they have surrounded Andy with. Fisher probably will work out, at least in pass pro. No clue if Og will make massive strides which he needs to do. Andre is a walking time bomb for an injury. Bodine is finally almost decent enough to be serviceable.

Dont know, just too much unknowns with the line for me to have a gut feeling of them killing it or being a bit better than last year yet not makin the playoffs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 01:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's the line man.....they were a sieve last season. They have a TON of improving to do to make us a legit contender.  It all starts in the trenches.  If they can't open up holes for the run game.....yet again.....the defense will tee off on the pass rush, no matter how well Dalton reads.  He is very good at that, no doubt, but if they're in the backfield as fast as they were last season, it won't matter.  This season hinges on line play.  I don't think they're bad enough to keep us from 8 wins.....but I'm not convinced they're good enough to get us much more than that.

Yeah, they were in the backfield a lot last year, but we were still in a lot of games last year. The offense was actually really good from 20 to 20, but bad in the red zone. I don't see that much of a problem in the red zone as long as Green and Eifert are healthy. LaFell was a great red zone target at the end of the year last year, and with the addition of Ross, Mixon, and possibly Malone I don't see too much of a problem in the red zone. Throughout Dalton's career he's been one of the best in the red zone. He just needed weapons to get open, and last year they were all hurt, or new. The OL will be a problem, but it's not like we couldn't move the ball easily down the field last year.
Reply/Quote

Yep. It's Football 101: If you don't have solid offensive and defenses lines, you're not going to have very much success. The front office essentially ignored the oline this offseason, which was/is a very glaring issue and sadly I think the team will pay for it. 

Again, hoping very much I'm wrong and that I'll get a chance to eat some delicious crow at some point. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 01:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: O-line costs us 3 wins and we finish 8-8. Dead cat bounce gets Marv another extension.

If we don't at the very least make the playoffs and Marvin is again extended, I believe that will be it for me. I will be done paying attention to Bengal football until that putz is gone. I hope it doesn't come to that but doing something else with my Sunday's will do wonders for my health, I'm sure.
Reply/Quote
6-10 with a bad oline is my prediction. Hope I'm wrong.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
two loses to Steelers.

7-9 to 10-6.  Exactly where depends on oline and injuries.

If we make playoffs we will lose to Houston in first round.
Reply/Quote
My gut - this year sets us up for next year. I truly think this team is 1 year away from making a deep run.

I can't really put my finger on where they will be at this year because of the line. But there aren't too many defenses that I would take in front of ours and there aren't too many sets of skill positions that I would take either.

If everyone stays healthy, this could easily be a top 10 offensive and defensive team.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 03:12 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: 6-10 with a bad oline is my prediction. Hope I'm wrong.

Way, way, way off.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It is way too hard to predict this season, but the first few games will tell the tale of the year. Have to keep in mind that Marvin is a lame duck coach right now and if the team struggles out of the gate he is going to lose the team and everything will crash and burn maybe all the way to a last place finish. The O-line is a huge issue, if they don't get it together in the preseason, a 4 win season is a real possibility.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 04:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It is way too hard to predict this season, but the first few games will tell the tale of the year. Have to keep in mind that Marvin is a lame duck coach right now and if the team struggles out of the gate he is going to lose the team and everything will crash and burn maybe all the way to a last place finish. The O-line is a huge issue, if they don't get it together in the preseason, a 4 win season is a real possibility.

No way are we worse than last year.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Finally win a playoff game.

Something about a blind squirrel, yadda yadda yadda

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 12:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Seriously, I think if we do finally win a playoff game it will be on the players backs to rise above the coaching. And to find a way around a sub-par front office induced O-line.

I think it is a player's game and the accountability is mostly on the players. I look back at the playoff losses and it was players that failed to step up in a big way or made crucial mistakes, not coaching that cost us wins in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 02:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What have the 2017 Bengals done, on the field, to change anyone's opinion of what they've done in the past?

I was not questioning his opinion or anyone that has gloom and doom. I was questioning his entire first post. Rad it and tell me why I am wrong questioning him acting like he was trying to be fair and not judgmental. He later gave a positive post, but first post seemed like mind was made up (bad year) based on his words, not anyone else;s or past history.  I highlighted in bold what i was referring to if you would like to check it.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
My prediction is playoffs and 1st playoff win since forever due to a top 5 defense that carries us early and often and the offense improving enough week to week to be a threat by year's end. I see big year out of Burfict, Atkins, Dunlap, IIoka, Kirkpatrick and young guys like Lawson and Billings on defense making defense one of best Bengal's defenses in their 50 year history.

I see running game much improved with stable of backs starting with a stud Mixon and Gio getting back to being good RB's. I see our TE stay healthy and dominate (OK I pray he stays healthy) due to Green, LaFell, Ross and danger we now have at RB catching passes. I see the OL being better than the 2016 OL by week 9 and keeps progressing.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 05:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My prediction is playoffs and 1st playoff win since forever due to a top 5 defense that carries us early and often and the offense improving enough week to week to be a threat by year's end. I see big year out of Burfict, Atkins, Dunlap, IIoka, Kirkpatrick and young guys like Lawson and Billings on defense making defense one of best Bengal's defenses in their 50 year history.

I see running game much improved with stable of backs starting with a stud Mixon and Gio getting back to being good RB's. I see our TE stay healthy and dominate (OK I pray he stays healthy) due to Green, LaFell, Ross and danger we now have at RB catching passes. I see the OL being better than the 2016 OL by week 9 and keeps progressing.

I see us this year as the Falcons of the AFC from last year.. they had great weapons on offense and so do we, a defense that got quick and pressured the QB and improved alot, we have gotten quicker and younger.. and Ryan is a solid a QB that was sacked 37 times.. so they had line issues also last year in pass protection... and so can we with Dalton, an improved running game and an improved defense
Reply/Quote
I see a team with a defense that only allowed 19.1 pts'game last season, that is only going to improve. I could see this defense giving up under 16 pts/game. With the addition of the weapons on offense, this team should be able to average over 24 pts/gm on offense, despite the crappy line.

Having said that, this team could make a surprise run. If they get that elusive 1st playoff win, I believe they have as good a shot as any team. Well, an AFCCG matchup with the Patriots will be epic.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote