Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ZT Coach of the Year Odds
I am sure many will snicker at the title of this thread, but hear me out:

ZT is currently going off at 66-1. Andy Reid, who won it two years ago, is going off at 18-1. Rarely does a coach win it twice and he would probably have to go something like 16-0 to win it.

If Burrow stays healthy and the defense gels, and the Bengals sneak in to the playoffs, ZT as coach of the year actually has a chance.

Oddly, it has also been an "AFC North" honor with the Brown's Stephanski and the Raven's Harbaugh the other recent winners.

I might put a hundo on it and buy myself an old car to play with if I win:)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am sure many will snicker at the title of this thread, but hear me out:

ZT is currently going off at 66-1.  Andy Reid, who won it two years ago, is going off at 18-1.  Rarely does a coach win it twice and he would probably have to go something like 16-0 to win it.

If Burrow stays healthy and the defense gels, and the Bengals sneak in to the playoffs, ZT as coach of the year actually has a chance.  

Oddly, it has also been an "AFC North" honor with the Brown's Stephanski and the Raven's Harbaugh the other recent winners.  

It's actually not a bad bet if you are going with the idea Burrow is transcendent and can will us to a wild card birth. I have toyed with the idea of a parlay with Bengals to make playoffs, Burrow comeback player of the year, and the over on the wins total. If all that happens tagging Taylor coach of the year to retire on may not be a bad idea lol.
Reply/Quote
Better than I expected!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's actually not a bad bet if you are going with the idea Burrow is transcendent and can will us to a wild card birth. I have toyed with the idea of a parlay with Bengals to make playoffs, Burrow comeback player of the year, and the over on the wins total. If all that happens tagging Taylor coach of the year to retire on may not be a bad idea lol.

If all that happens sign Pollack and Lou to extensions because they'd be the reason it happens.  

This team does not come close to winning 9-10 games w/o MAJOR improvement from our defense and our OL.  

Lou would finally show he can actually coach a defense and be successful. 

Personally, I think the odds of Zac being relieves of his duties happen before he wins coach of the year.  JMO
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:40 AM)TJ528 Wrote: If all that happens sign Pollack and Lou to extensions because they'd be the reason it happens.  

This team does not come close to winning 9-10 games w/o MAJOR improvement from our defense and our OL.  

Personally, I think the odds of Zac being relieves of his duties happen before he wins coach of the year.  JMO

Those odds would certainly be better than coach of the year, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
easy way to lose money if thats what this is about

I bet the odds for him being gone by game 5 are even better
Reply/Quote
Best case scenario this season is Bengals get 8 wins

That’s not winning Zac Taylor coach of the year
Reply/Quote
Zac has to do a lot more than earn a playoff spot to earn the respect among his peers to be voted as coach of the year. It's hard to forget his record going into the season--that weighs on peoples' minds.

I'd say they have to make the Super Bowl or AFC Championship game to be in the conversation.
Reply/Quote
Man there's a lot of negative nancy's on this board lol Sarcasm Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's actually not a bad bet if you are going with the idea Burrow is transcendent and can will us to a wild card birth. I have toyed with the idea of a parlay with Bengals to make playoffs, Burrow comeback player of the year, and the over on the wins total. If all that happens tagging Taylor coach of the year to retire on may not be a bad idea lol.

If you hit that four-teamer, you can build us an indoor practice facility!  And we would name it after you!  Haha.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:40 AM)TJ528 Wrote: If all that happens sign Pollack and Lou to extensions because they'd be the reason it happens.  

Yes, the odds are much more likely that he is the first coach fired, but that was not my point of sharing...66-1 is insane.  And I think he could win it if he won 10 games.  
Reply/Quote
This is his year to show us what he's got. He'll start with a healthy roster and a defense suited to play Lou's scheme. I believe they will surprise some people.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This is his year to show us what he's got.

So was last year, and the year before that. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 12:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So was last year, and the year before that. 

Yeah yeah, because we all know a Head Coach can change things overnight. The year before last he was coaching Marvin's leftover players. Last year they were devastated with injuries. He now has HIS team with HIS Quarterback, and Lou has the defensive players brought in to fit their scheme. There are no more excuses this year.  
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am sure many will snicker at the title of this thread, but hear me out:

ZT is currently going off at 66-1.  Andy Reid, who won it two years ago, is going off at 18-1.  Rarely does a coach win it twice and he would probably have to go something like 16-0 to win it.

Thanks for posting and think I will throw $20 on it for a chance at $1,320 

Not the biggest ZT fan as of yet, but love long shot bets with an actual chance. They're rare to find.

Because if the Bengals sneak into playoffs this year his name would have to be thrown into the hat. A playoff win would solidify it most likely per franchise history. 

Burrow and this WR group look extremely solid plus a revamped defense via FA should be better.. Yet the O-line is still questionable, but could very well be improved vastly over last season too. So who knows. 

Could go either direction, but a $20 loss is not going to hurt much if going south.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 01:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah yeah, because we all know a Head Coach can change things overnight. The year before last he was coaching Marvin's leftover players. Last year they were devastated with injuries. He now has HIS team with HIS Quarterback, and Lou has the defensive players brought in to fit their scheme. There are no more excuses this year.  

It's not about "changing things overnight."  No one was expecting him to lead us to 11+ wins in year one.  There's a big difference between not immediately turning into a contender and finishing 2-14.

As to the rest... Marvin's leftovers won 6 games the year prior.  The injuries last year weren't nearly as bad as some claim (we've covered this before), and plenty of coaches inherit teams without "their QB" and without the perfect players to fit their system right from the jump.  Almost none of them go 6-25-1 while they're waiting to build out their roster and hoping for an injury free season.

I'm sorry, but as much as some refeuse to admit it, these last two seasons count.  Zac Taylor had the same opportunites in front of him that any number of new coaches have.  He's failed miserablely.  There's no excusing it.  Hopefully he can turn things around but we can't pretend like he hasn't had a fair shake of things.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 03:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's not about "changing things overnight."  No one was expecting him to lead us to 11+ wins in year one.  There's a big difference between not immediately turning into a contender and finishing 2-14.

As to the rest... Marvin's leftovers won 6 games the year prior.  The injuries last year weren't nearly as bad as some claim (we've covered this before), and plenty of coaches inherit teams without "their QB" and without the perfect players to fit their system right from the jump.  Almost none of them go 6-25-1 while they're waiting to build out their roster and hoping for an injury free season.

I'm sorry, but as much as some refeuse to admit it, these last two seasons count.  Zac Taylor had the same opportunites in front of him that any number of new coaches have.  He's failed miserablely.  There's no excusing it.  Hopefully he can turn things around but we can't pretend like he hasn't had a fair shake of things.
Really, is that why they were calling guys off the couch by the middle of the season? Off the top of my head and I'm sure I'm missing some....
Reader
XFS 
Waynes
Wren
Topou (opt out)
Burrow
AJ (who obviously was not 100%)
Geno
J. Williams
Mixon
Hubbard for a few games

And you aren't going to win many games with Lashaun Sims lining up as a starting DB.... injuries might not be the single reason for some of the losses, but you can't mitigate it as a causing factor. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 12:18 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Man there's a lot of negative nancy's on this board lol  Sarcasm  Hilarious  Hilarious

I"ll be positively negative...ZT gets fired after 2021 and we use Burrow and company to lure a HC here who has a decent resume and then HE becomes HC of the year.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 04:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I"ll be positively negative...ZT gets fired after 2021 and we use Burrow and company to lure a HC here who has a decent resume and then HE becomes HC of the year.

and this response i give a standing ovation lol I would tend to agree with your findings. 
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 01:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah yeah, because we all know a Head Coach can change things overnight. The year before last he was coaching Marvin's leftover players. Last year they were devastated with injuries. He now has HIS team with HIS Quarterback, and Lou has the defensive players brought in to fit their scheme. There are no more excuses this year.  

A good head coach doesnt take a decent team and dropped it to the 1st overall pick in one season either...  He had HIS offensive line coach the last 2 years how that work out?
Reply/Quote